Left 4 Dead: $50

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sonata Arctica, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

2. Empty

Empty Member

Considering there's a zombie survival gamemode in gmod that gives you suit powers like in Crysis to fight superzombies, which is for free, I'm happy to stay out of a 50 bucks zombie coop game.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I hate zombies, shotguns, any kind of co-op with a bunch of idiots over the net, and especially games that cost $50.

I pre-ordered.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

hmmmm.....

I heard left 4 dead was alright, but I don't like that sort of game. wouldn't pay $15 for it.

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

Pre-purchasing immediately !

Me and my friends have been waiting for this for months.

Quite possibly the first zombie game ever. And i say this cause all other zombie stuff was just awefull, not worthy to be called 'games' at all.

And yes, i say that without even having played it.

Ah sweet, if i buy now it only costs €32 + tax = €39

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  6. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

$50! ROFL! Are they out of there fucking minds? I read your post, I see you guy like it but...$50? No way I'm paying that. I may be wrong, but once you've beaten a level a few times it will get real boring real quickly. I'd pay $25, tops. A game for $50 better have a lot more replay value than what I've see of L4D. I love zombie game but you can only shoot so many zombies before it gets boring. It just doesn't look varied enough.

It's a shame, I was looking forward to it for a quick blast. I predict the free weekend will be enough to get bored of it. If it turns out to be less action orientated and more strategic, then maybe I'll take another look. It sounded great when I first heard of it, but the more of the videos I see, the less impressed I am.

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

The AI director in L4D could very well make it the game with the best replay value to date. With all these repetitive games lately replay value is exactly why i'm looking forward to L4D

Also remember that as with tf2 they will release updates like new weapons and new maps from time to time.

8. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I hope your right, I mean I really want to love Left4Dead. I just don't think the director will mean that much in the long term. I mean once you've beaten a map and seen all the cinematic moments by playing well, I for one won't be motivated to play it again regularly.

My dream game is an single player/coop FPS with the variety and depth of Ancient Domains Of Mystery...COOPorDIE meets ADOM. Yummy.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

A game being the same price as every other AAA game on the market?! BLASPHEMY!

10. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Thats the thing though, to me it just doesn't look like a AAA game. I paid the same for Mass Effect. Do you think L4D took the same amount of resources and man hours to make as Mass Effect? L4D looks more like a side project they threw a few artists at to make it look pretty.

Look, I ain't dissing the game. It looks like fun. Just not my idea of $50 of fun. Just my opinion.

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i'd pay 150

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

lol, liar.

It was more than I was expecting, but I'm gonna hold it in good value since the devs will just keep adding loads of shit in the long run.

13. petemyster

petemyster Member

$50~ £25 , which over here is average price for a PC game, so i may aswell pick it up

14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

*Looks at system requirements*

Bah I'll just stick to Zombie Master.

15. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I'm interested...but not going to buy yet. I don't know people I'd play with, and since success is very much going to be based on teamwork...yeah. But if it is better than Zombie Panic (meaning you get real ammo!) I might consider it...

....but I'd sooner buy COD5.

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

we will see, I wait for the free playtest weekend that will come for sure :P

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Zombie Master is good, just needs some more work and it could be great. I'll play it again when the new version is released. I don't like Zombie Panic for reasons I go over here.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Are you trying to troll here? L4D is potentially the next big thing in online-gaming, Valve doesnt do "side projects". I'm sure this game will give me months if not years of diversion, so i will gladly pay 50$ for it. Hell it's from VALVE, the gods of game development! ^^

19. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I like HL2 and all, but I find the fact that you think Valve is so great to be...naive. Or mis-informed. Valve: the gods of game development who cannot fix some rather simple bugs.

Right.

And their code is just nasty in some respects...

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Well, let's say they have released only games worth their money so far, that makes them pretty unique.