Ladders...

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by kandzia, Nov 20, 2006.

1. kandzia

kandzia Member

Hello forums and it's inhabitants

Does Empires use HL2 ladders or CSS or something else? I begining to wonder if I have have hammer set up right?

I'm using a model and func_useable ladder along with a couple of info_ladderdismounts. I have no func_ladder entity! Just func_usableladder and func_ladderendpoint. I've kept my func_usable ladder a couple of units away from everything and named it to coincide with the dismounts. Ive got the start box just above the ground at the bottom of the ladder and the end box at the top of the ladder but it justwon't seem to work:(

Any Ideas?

Also Ive had to make all my windows func_breakable because I can't seem to get func_breakable_surf to work even though I'm sure I did it correctly; right glasstexture on one main face of a nodraw brush tied to func_breakable_surf with a cubemap infront picking the relevant brush for the cubemap. Although my window is rectangle and not square!

func_breakable works fine!

Do func_breakable_surf even if I did get them to work prevent turrets being built on the ledges? If so I'll stick with func_breakable.

thanks

kandzia aka. fug4life

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The fgd does not have a func_ladder entity in it, however it is used for ladders. Copy the entity from the CS: S fgd to the Empires fgd.
    And func_breakable_surf only works with square brushes.

3. kandzia

kandzia Member

thanks for the info.