Killing Floor Becomeing A Full Game!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by angry hillbilly, Mar 20, 2009.

1. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

omg the comments ... buhuhu gfx are not state of the art ... it looks like shit ... i need bumpmaps ...

srsly, game development companies and game magazines created a horde of mindless grafic junkies. all they want is eyecandy, eyecandy, eyecandy. gameplay, storry and uniqueness are no important features anymore.
    sad, really sad ...

i mean, well my eyes where bleeding when i saw pictures of doom (was maybe even 2), but its mainly because of the advantages of 3d over sprite gfx and the redicolously low resolution (it was 640x480 iirc). still the concept of doom rocks, and serious sam did very well with stealing it. and it even shows what i stated before. serious sam and 2nd encounter were fun games, nice level design and it was fresh to play something like doom again. but serious sam 2, well it had neet graphics. but there where less hordes of monsters, and generally it failed.

i hope this trend changes again. i really hope ...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Flashche. Have you EVER PLAYED KILLING FLOOR (mod that is). No? Then ssh becasue it is actuly a VERY original game. And who cares if the grfx are not "State of the art". I sure as hell dont. Killing Floor is an amazing game and this is going to be even better with being a full game (loads of annoying bugs gone. Uber good grafx..etc) ^^

4. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

=/ I was about to buy UT2k4 to play it.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Guess you just need to buy another game instead heh?

6. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Well I just see no point in buying it now.

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

That's nice of Tripwire, and I'm glad the $20 or so I gave them for that boring game Red Orchestra went to some use.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

It helps if you read what people say before responding.

9. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

To be honest, even graphics are one of the selling increasers they still aren't the one which keeps you playing.

I'm playing Fallout 3 at full graphics and even it looks pretty and all it still isn't that great if you only look at the graphics. The hidden gameplay is the one which keeps me going back to it even I think that's the first RPG game I have played seriously and in which I have been interested.

I play Empires too because of its gameplay and not because of its graphics.

It seems more and more people are becoming "right now, right here, within reach, within sight" people. They don't see beyond the graphics, hence they just say graphics suck, I don't play.

I don't have an opinion about this game yet but based on the text which I read it could be worth buying it but I would like to see some videos of it first, or at least more pictures to get an image how the game is played. :)

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

nono u got me completly wrong - i were annoyed by USER COMMENTS about the game and that it appears that people primary look at graphics and evalute the game based on some screens. actually the EXACT opposite of what you understood ^^

also there just was this thread saying empires should switch to the cryengine2, because gfx are outdated. i mean i personally think it could have some advantage - but for sure im not after the graphic ones ...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  11. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Oh sry :p Yea others of us in the KF community are rather annoyed at ppl saying "rip off of L4D", when infact Killing Floor was around WAY before L4D was even in pre-production. I reccomned you all try the mod 2.5 if u have UT2004. It has kept me hooked for years. :D

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

serious sam, first and second encounters were great.

I still remember gunning down kamikazi snowmen with a minigun, around christmas time, while a jingle bells plays on an electric guitar with drums in the background.... that game was amazing.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

wow game actually looks decent if its cheap i may pick it up