Kill assists on players on your team when rejoin(?)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Señor_Awesome, May 17, 2016.

1. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Here's a bit of a head scratcher.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...549/6E025E29235AEFE37E654895709EAA1CA045D261/

So here's what happened:
    Scar joins the game, plays for about two minutes and gets a heavy then crashes. He is on my team to begin with (BE). I believe during this time I got in his tank once and repaired him.

Then, he rejoins the game - almost immediately after he rejoins I get a kill assist on him. He is not even back on the team yet, he's still loading when this happens.

I don't have concrete steps to reproduce, and it's not game breaking but it is something odd to file away for review.

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I've got kill assist from someone Creeper kicked, and I just joined the game. :|
    It's like I assisted in kicking him or something.

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

Iam pretty sure there are also some other weird things about assists.
    (cant remember specifically, I just remember that I noticed weird things about it.)
    I think one of the things was that you will still get assist if you hit somebody and he heals and then someone else kills him without you touching him after he healed (but I might be wrong here) and similar things.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. Neoony

Neoony Member

btw what security says, I think it would make sense if the assists are being tracked by userid and you got the userid of the guy who got kicked so it assumed it was that guy.
    Or something similar.
    EDIT: I guess that would only be if you joined AFTER he was already kicked. But then I guess you wouldnt know about it?

Which would mean that removing somebody from being tracked for assists isnt working/programmed correctly, same as it should do after somebody heals/repairs to full health. (if thats really the case)

I wonder how the assist system works.

Last edited: May 17, 2016