Keep the Player guide updated

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wertbarg, May 11, 2009.

1. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

Many changes in the game have not been properly taken into account in the player guide. My simple request is that this important tool for new recruits is accurate and reliable. A few examples include research cost and time requirements along with a few weapons like the Machine pistol (which is still labeled as a 3 shot burst weapon).

Also, I would like more information to be given in the guide, such as how much damage is added total by upgraded and advanced grenadier, and what kind of weapon damage each weapon deals (no matter how obvious) and the damage type resistances and weaknesses as %s on armors.

Pros:
    The guide becomes a reliable resource for players
    New players learn information about the game that is true

Cons:
    Experienced players no longer have a knowledge advantage over newbies, resulting is a lower dominance
    New players who read the manual will correct experienced players who read the non-revised manual, giving the newbie a large sense of arrogance and a high disrespect for the community.
    EDIT: This would be time consuming, and could take up to 2.5 hours depending on thoroughness. (Happy now Alceister?)

Obviously, there are more cons than pros, so I guess we probably shouldn't go though with this plan.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Alceister

Alceister Member

You fail to account for the fact that the dev team is understaffed and has other things to do besides work on this game 24/7.

And people call me an inconsiderate and arrogant prick. Instead of whining, you could help them by adjusting the info on your own and then submitting your revised version to whoever handles the webmastering on the team.

On a related note, I think that manual functions should be shifted to the wiki. Although there is the possibility of biased or falsified information, at the very least it will stay updated. If people will bother to.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  3. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I added in the time and effort factor in the first post, and I think your insults were not necessary, as they made no sense. (also, it is said in the suggestion guidelines that including factors like coding as cons was silly)

4. Alceister

Alceister Member

That's you being a prick. Arrogant is simply suggesting this, when it is obvious that they'll get around to it one way or another. Inconsiderate is is for not accounting for them working on other more important aspects of the game other than presswork.

5. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

Well, I was pretty much joking about all the cons, but I do see what you are talking about. I honestly did not mean this to be degrading in anyway to anyone on the development team as I have had a high respect for them throughout the years that I have been in the Empires community. I like your thoughts on the Wiki, and I will probably start visiting it. but I still think you are being a little on the hostile side :S

You have a good idea on submitting a revised version, I'll probably do that when I have a good 3 hours, or I'll at least read though it thoroughly and mark all outdated information and mark spots where more information could be provided.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'm responsible for keeping those files updated, and I'm currently busy with real life issues. An updated version will be uploaded to the website next week.

7. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I'm really sorry if I offended you or anything, it almost feels like its not safe to post anymore without offending somebody :(

8. Alceister

Alceister Member

Mmmm... Yes...

Feel the guilt.

I thrive upon the suffering of others.

9. willvette

willvette Member

Beerdude26, I'm guessing your in collage most collages have finals this week. If not, i don't get a cookie....

10. Alceister

Alceister Member

I can tell you with great certainty that you are in fact, wrong.

This is a collage:

[​IMG]

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

You roll the dice for cookies.
    You roll a "0".
    You gain 0 cookies.