"Keep both" in keybindings

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sprayer2708, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Want to bind the same key to multiple actions without using the consol prttyplox. Like spot enemy and mark squad target. Or shoot and spot enemy.

Or if you value more sensicle combinations, [spot enemy, squad target, left/right squadskill, select spawn, Choose commander, Vehicle menu] and [all of the commander keybindings].
    (optionally put the explicitly named bindings from all into a new controls menu called "Not Commander")

TL;DR (or too dumb to get the gist; Paradox):
    Make "All" keybindings which are useless for commanders not conflict with "Commander" keybindings.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I'd like that very much.

3. Empty

Empty Member

While this is nice, as far as I know the GUI code is very difficult to change.

Honestly if you want something this advanced you should make a config file for it, it's really not difficult.

I know it's a bit of a pain for commander stuff but honestly most commanders have been playing for 100s of hours so I think with that much ingame investment you can spend 10 minutes making a .cfg.

I'm not saying this is a bad suggestion, it's good and I support it, but I think this will take longer to implement than we think. If candles comes along and says he can do it in 5 minutes, then disregard this post and lets do it.

4. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Would the "keep both" option in addition to the "overwrite" and "cancel" actually be that hard? That's one of the reasons why I suggested two approaches to handle the issue.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

If im not mistaken he told me not long ago it took him like 2 hours to add some simple stuff to it and it was an absolute pain.

this game and its effin limitations

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I think that it's reasonable to catch low hanging fruit and then let advanced players do their own thing with exotic cfg files and stuff.

7. Z100000M

i think you meant to quote empty there

8. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

I seriously doubt that.

9. Z100000M

I dont know if you had a point to make or this is intentional, but i had a good laugh regardless