Journals from the 82nd Medical Group

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by pixelized, Jan 10, 2008.

1. pixelized

pixelized Member

Journals from the 33rd Medical Group

As I wandered the field of battle searching for dead and wounded a soldier cried out to me. I motioned for the Liuetenant to assist me. The wounded man shrieked in pain and sent a chill through my spine. 50 ccs of morphine shouted the Lieutenant. I reached into my bag but could find none. The Lieutenant reached for his pistol and fired one round into his fallen comrade. I screamed angrily at my commanding officer. He placed his blood drenced hand on my shoulder and said, "It's better to die quickly and peacefully than slowly and painfully." We both nodded and moved on to the next cry for help.

Private J. Ackerman Jekotian 33rd medical group

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. pixelized

pixelized Member

Following the epic battle in the 402nd district I came upon a fallen brenodi officer. I knelt to check his pulse and felt the smack of my captain's gloved hands on the back of my kneck. He shouted, "What the hell are you doing, these men are scum and we shall offer them no sympathy." I waited for my captain to wander out of sight and bandaged the man's wounds. We may be at war but I took an oath to do no harm and I'll be damned if I'm going to forsake it.

PFC M. Bailey Jekotian 33rd medical group

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  3. pixelized

pixelized Member

I motioned for the nurse to bring me the recently removed or in truth, I should say stolen, heart. I stich it into place and finished the surgery like and old pro. A simple shock and it beats magnificently. Somehow I feel it's wrong to use the bodyparts from our dead enemies but I take comfort that these men were dead and the organs are used to preserve life. This war has been raging for years and we take what we can get even it means walking the fine line between right and wrong.

Chief of Surgery M. Hamilton Jekotian 33rd medical group

4. pixelized

pixelized Member

It started out like an ordinary day, we ate our meals and packed our gear. We were tasked to mop up a recent skirmish. Intel assured us that brenodi had cleared out and the area was safe. That was sure a nice change from the usual hell of working during a battle, so we gleefully drove our jeeps and surveyed the scene. Dead and wounded were sprawled everywhere and the Sargent barked out orders to look after them.

Before I go on let me tell you about Sarge. He was a father to some of the younger men. I never knew my father so to me Sarge really was the one I'd never had. He taught me humility and to cope with the daily horrors we witnessed. He was a minister and a damned good one at that. Every Sunday he held morning mass and a later sermon. The faithful and curious alike hung onto his every word. He was a kind man and it was not unusal for him to be seen giving toys or candy to the war ravaged children we came across.

Sadly, that's all in the past. I was treating a wounded comrade and the Sarge came over to inspect my work. "Excellent Job Kev" he said while smiling. That's just the way he was, even with all the carnage around us he still managed to keep a smile on his face and that was enough to keep us going. As the Sarge left I heard the all too familiar firing of an artillery tank. I looked up into the darkened sky and the recently expelled shell glowed like a firey star. I screamed "Take cover Sarge!" at the top of my lungs but it was too late.

The shell found it's mark and the Sarge was flown 50 or so yards. I lept to my feet and ran furiously to his new position. I was completely unprepared for the sight before me. Sarges body was ripped open and his entrails coated the surrounding area. I stopped to puke. Never before had I seen such pain. At the time I thought he had been killed instantly, but I was wrong. Weakly he whispered, "Help me". I sprang into action but we both knew he was living on borrowed time.

Sarge reached into his pocket and pulled out a picture and a note. He pointed to the picture and with his last ounce of breath said, "Tell them I love them." His body gave one final jerk and he lay motionless. With my fingers I closed his eyelids, somehow believing that would help him rest in peace. I turned over the photograph and discovered it was of his wife and 2 children.

With the death of Sarge I no longer felt invincible and the rest of the men were terrified. We finished our work taking special care to stitch Sarge's body and deliver it with the utmost care to our compound. A lovely memorial was held the following day but it did little to dampen the pain we all felt in our hearts nor did it help to allay our fears that we could be the next to fall in this senseless war.

Corporal Kevin Miligan Jekotian 33rd medical group

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

these should be in the map loading texts, this is awesome

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Nice, but I see one thing that makes no sense. The thread title is "Journals from the 82nd Medical Group" but the end of each journal says 33rd, wut teh feck?

also, zomg someone stole my idea! WOOT! I'll get back to work on mine soon enough, just got to wait for exams and such to pass.

7. tysonm1

tysonm1 Member

Exellent, I'm a bit of a story maker myself but I don't think I could make that sort of good stuff.