JFR VS paradox and mixed players

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Spike, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

You didnt read my previous comments about how this scrim wasnt representative cause both team had organisational problems and no practice.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't know, pubpires has been kinda bad lately, though it might be because of the same crappy maps when I join in. Someone should host a pug with a decent map selection, that's what I'd like to see.

3. Paradox

Ok I know what you are, a casual. You hate tryharding?

4. Lazybum

To be honest I don't know what that really means. Does it just mean doing your best? I do that sometimes. Or does it mean being efficient? I wouldn't really know that due to never needing to play on that level. I can get so far by goofing off with the scout rifle or just meleeing everything that there's no good reason to push for some next level that just makes it less fun for others, assuming I could even get to that level.

Paradox when was the last time you just used melee the entire match? Give it a shot, it can be some mighty fun.

5. Paradox

tryhard = you dont care about anything except the win.
    Casual = you play the game to have fun

Since empires has become a once every 2 weeks game I have never joined a server trying to have fun. Everytime I join a server I watch the game and look for the best way to win. I get my fun out of winning or trying to win atleast.

Take for example yesterday evening. Slaughtered. I see tickets are about 50-50 no real winner or loser. Im thinking to myself how do I win-> go scout go in their base as hide and wait for sudden death to hit in, and Im already in position ( getting in position is harder when its 5-5 tickets instead of 50-50 ). So I do that I sit there 20 minutes talking to spec doing litterally nothing until the clock ticks zero I put a sticky stun on the enemy comm and win the game.

Thats me Im a tryhard.

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

That sounds.

So boring.

So very, very boring.

7. Lazybum

You did that at 50 tickets? Yeah candles is right on that one, it just sounds boring.

I would definitely say I take the casual business very seriously then, nothing is gonna get in the way of my fun times. Otherwise I don't play empires, simple yeah?

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It means he's a shitter, "tryhard" is a derogatory term to call yourself a tryhard means you're a fool. Don't listen to him he's a tryhard.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Mic off = Casual. Mic on = Shit's real.
    If I had to turn on my mic to call you a retard, you did something right.

Also seriously Paradox.
    Just imagine what you could've done with that 20 minutes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  10. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I'm definitely with Lazy.

The only reason that I like to show up to these things is hopping on the pub server afterward, where people actually have fun in a 20v20 match before the entire server specs/leaves.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Cheesing is legit, but if you lose with your cheese you just end up kicking yourself brcause the striaght up Play would have given you a more reliable shot at winning.

A scrim is the time to try your damnedest to win by whatever means though. That's kind of the point of competitive play. You play to win, fun is nice to be had but it's secondary.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

if you guys said there was a scrim more than 1 day in advance i would've played. so sad.

i watched game1 and 3 and you guys are so fucking rusty and bad.

also 3 minutes games suck and mvalley is bad. the best scrim was the 20v20 canyon one.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

I just think mvalley is overplayed. We need a map pool of like 7 different maps to play on, that would provide variety.

I have an idea for something, I'll flesh it out and post it later.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont know where all the love for mvalley comes from anyway ...

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

Oh that's easy it comes from Trickster.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

It used to be a really fucking cool map before assholes noticed it starts with inflated resources.

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Mvalley is fine.

With regard to what Paradox is saying, he is actually fucking retarded at getting his point across, but he's not wrong. When you play scrims, you aim to win. People make it out like chese-starts are these unstoppable tactics based around winning a round in a very short space of time, but that's simply not the case. They're high risk high reward strategies. I didn't play in this game, but can you imagine if one person saw their APC coming? Team killspawns, APC and infantry get taken down, BE are now a VF and APC's worth of res down and that's a terrible position for them to be in.

I've done Paradox's strat a few times on Mvalley but I never use an APC, I use a jeep and "IF" it's successful, I roll the APC in that went north. The fact is, it really shouldn't be successful because it's just so easily countered.

What people aren't getting is, strategies like this shouldn't really happen in scrims because they're often tactics that work best against shit teams. If rushes or ninjas happen in a scrim and actually end up being successful, then shame on the team that let it happen, be it the Commander's fault, the leader's fault or the team in general. 99% of these strats need one single person to catch them out and it's game over.

Scrims are extremely fun if you enjoy games being played to their full potential. If you enjoy making use of every facet of the game and playing against people who are doing the same. You only need to watch the countless replays of EPIC playing scrims on youtube (ones recorded with our teamspeak included) and tell me that the players there aren't enjoying themselves immensely. It's not just about winning, it's about WHO you win against. Winning against a team that put up a good fight like JPL or Consortium is substantially more rewarding than rolling over a team like MEG or BSID.

You only get better at something by playing against people better than you. I guarantee you that if you continued to scrim each weekend for the next month, the standard of play wouldn't even remotely resemble the shit that apparently went on yesterday.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I guess I didn't miss anything.
    Did that break the record?

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

omfg those 3 nf jeeps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.