Jeeps and MGs

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Opie, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Opie

Opie Member

Well I was playing last night and we decided to do some jeep races, NF created half the map and BE the other half. To save on number of walls dropped, deadpool dropped mgs between walls, this is when I told him that MGs shot people in jeeps. To this remark, almost all of the people on the server were astonished, but I thought this was well known. Several people thought this may be a bug, so I am posting the question here. Currently I know MGs shoot the people in jeeps when the front or back of the jeep is facing the turret. Is this a bug, or a feature? If this is a feature should MGs be able to shoot people from the sides too?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

feature imo. same thing should happen for people in the passenger seat of vehicles to be honest.

but if we can only do it in a hacky way or it's not fun then lets remove it.

3. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

feature. If you can get shot with a gun, MG is no different :P

4. eth0

eth0 Member

Gotta be honest, i'd thought i'd tested that (granted back in 1.071) and had from then felt safe in the knowledge that you could rush an mg in a jeep without consequence !?

However if i was to choose the behaviour, i'd definitely go with the MG can fire at jeep occupants - seems a nice balance to have speed-of-vehicle over it's very light protection and open-framed construction.

5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Eth0, you know, Empires has changed a lot since 1.071b.

Just so you know. ;)

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

If it's a feature, it's pretty dumb.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

It's nearly impossible for them to hit unless you are stopped or going reeeaaaaaallly slow.