Jeep sugestion(s)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Satanchild666, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

My sugestion,

Remove Jeeps and replace them with trucks, 8 seats, very cheap(cheaper then the jeep)

2. Remove Jeeps and replace them with a HUMVEE like vehicle, including a small MG slot wich can then be used by the person in the second seat. Make it be able to carry only a limited amount of weight, so either an MG or armour. 4-5 Seats.

3. Remove Jeeps completly and only allow APCs...

4. (O NOES DUNE ALARM) Replace Jeeps with trikes, with a weapon on them, they can only carry 2 people, 1 driving the other person shooting.

5. Replace Jeeps with qauds, 2 single MG slots, increased cost 4 seats max.

6. Decrease the cost of jeeps and remove all armour.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

your ideas contradict themselves, you cannot replace the jeep with something "twice" there is only 1 jeep and once you replace it it is gone! never to be replaced again unless you replace something else with the jeep but that would be silly ^^

3. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

There are 6 different sugestions, what one is the best? Because right now the Jeep is a useless noob magnet that is 100% griefable.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

making the nf jeep only hold 2 players, and adding a turret mount to each jeep, where ether a lvl 1, lvl 2 or lvl 3 turret can be installed, then adding 2 wings and a phase jump device to them.

no, seriously, dont let me choose this...

5. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

The devs can jsut try it out when they are testing, just adding a mg slot and a new model and look it it turns out to be nice, if htye dislike it they remove it.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I don't think the turret-jeep would work.

In theory, early game jeep driver + rifleman or jeep driver + grenadier should dominate the early game right now. Think about it. Fairly hard to kill in the early game. Costs a whopping ~45 res. You could easily rush a tank so your rifleman can sticky it (sticky on a stick!)

It gets no use at all. Zero. Now, granted, it'd have weak points, so it isn't quite as amazing as I made it out to be, and you have to invest 400 res in the VF very early, and APCs are better even without research -- but still. The fact that no jeeps get used in this way at all, ever, strongly implies to me that part of the problem is that that kind of paring with another player doesn't fit well into the Empires mindset at the moment.

Could that be changed? Maybe. But I strongly suspect that if we just add jeep second-seat MGs and nothing else, they will get no more use than jeep + rifleman gets today.

...I still think a squad power to summon a jeep would be interesting. Give it to engineers (construction) or scouts (mobility). The squad point cost would keep it from being spammed. Maybe add a cooldown to it, too, or make it so it can only be used once per life, to avoid having it spammed on maps where squad points are easy to get... also, allow it to be disabled by mappers, so it doesn't appear on maps where vehicles are not intended (unless the mapper wants it.)

7. communism

communism poof

How so?
    Since the new version you find alot of jeeps that arnt worthless. In 2.12 alot of us didn't get APC's when we wanted to do something that required skill, cause noobs spawning at your location just isn't cool.

In 2.2 you can buy a transport for 65 res and is hard as hell to hit (compared to an apc). In any case they are already being worked on I believe

8. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Except when you got sucky armour and engine, or the enemy has one of the following weapons:
    Rail
    HE
    Guided
    Homing
    Salvo
    Machineguns
    M I N E S
    ML Turrets
    ect.

Jeeps are usefull for rushing, but no one uses it.

And an MG slot does change allot, either way you can have armour or an mg and not you but the guy in the second seat can shoot with it. And MGs and Chainguns do overall more damage and have mroe accuracy then a HMG or a Asault Rifle...

9. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

:confused:

Me and my friends use jeeps in rushing all the time.

I think jeeps are fine as they are. Just make brenodi jeeps have 4 seets like NF jeeps and it's good.

The price could be lower, though... Not that it costs too much, but half of the team and the commander is constantly complaining about building jeeps because they "cost too much"... about 60-100 per jeep? If my squad is able to conquer the enemy main base with about 3-4 jeeps it is 400 resources max. It's not much thinking of the advantage it can bring to the team.

I'm not able to understand all the whining about jeeps. It's one of the best features in Empires. It's fast enough to go through enemy lines and keep enemies busy while others can fight their way through in some other direction.

Jeeps are useful most of the time. Atleast have been, when I've been playing.

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

The jeep is already being replaced. The NF receive the Sidewinder 3 person jeep. It has a ring mounted MG on the roof for a gunner, carries a driver, and has a single passenger seat. It also has a teddy bear strapped to the front to make roadkill all the better.

There are currently 2 main holdups behind this.

1. Megel isn't around to do much for the Sidewinder.
    2. BE needs their equivalent to be ready at the same time for balance sake due to how game-changing this will likely be.

Edit: Will add an image once I find and upload it, I have the images local. I don't have the images anymore, I must have forgotten to back them up when I reformatted, and donmegel.com doesn't have them anymore.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008