It's public - Empires: Darkest Dawn

Discussion in 'General' started by soundspawn, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Tl;DR from about page 4. Two things that may or may not have been addressed:

1) Either use chutes plugin or maxfalldamage 10

2) Stax killed the first pug, most of epic went NF. Have an anti-stax commission, or select teams random-ishly. Even a quite minor imbalance in skill will make one team just lose interest, and the stax get worse. STAX, FOOL.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I assume falldamage will be set to 0.

Atm, you either have realistic or not realistic.

For example, if it's 1. Jump in district sewers, lose 3 hp. Jump off building on cyclopean, die.

If it's 0, both will 10 damage.

3. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

@blizzerd
    Yes, I saw the slight skew as well, fixed on my developer build which I'll be putting on to the page shortly. My wife and I have been playing on it, it's pretty fun, but I bet there's things you either didn't know or didn't consider such as the relatively large LOS of armies. It's fun though, and the long tradelanes are a pain in the ass to get to which causes a bit of hesitance to go out there (very good imo).

@Roflcopter Rego
    It will be default (mp_falldamage 0) during Skirmishes, and parachutes with falldamage 1 during FFA (Free For All aka Non-Skirmish but in a play time). I expect it will also be parachutes with falldamage during Open Play (outside of play times) but I'm not in charge of that.

Teams will be selected before the first play time activates, and we're going to use non-clan vets (if possible, to avoid clan favoritism) as team captains to assemble each team. Shandy` has volunteered for one of those spots. I believe ScardyBob has either volunteered or been drafted by Shandy` but we're also looking for other volunteers there. There is also a third "team" of mercs which can join either team during play (using my rating based team balancer I'm thinking) so if one team starts to roll the other consistantly, their rating will be going up, and less mercs will be on that team as time goes by. A healthy does of mercs will keep everything in check.

@Trickster
    see above, correct assumption.

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

No. It happened multiple times I was told by Napalm we could use the server then there would either be no admin around or they wouldn't change it. I remember specifically Omega was one admin who refused and just flat out ignored me. I gave up because some IRL commitments came up and I was spending hours during the week trying just trying to get a server then day of another couple hours trying to get the server running the scripts and pworded exetra.

5. Thor

Thor Member

Tonight,

The Empires: Darkest Dawn server has officially went live. Currently DD is disabled and normal gameplay will continue until the last few parts of the mod is coded. All of our custom plugins are running, including the new autobalance system Spawwn has coded. So, with that, Merry Christmas to the Empires community!

6. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=11447 Update, time to sign up if interested.

Thanks again for all the input over the course of nearly 50 pages, not much of the changes recommended from these forums are in at this time, but this is only the first release, so it is appreciated just the same, and I will continue to work towards implementing new features as time goes on.