It's not quite a bug, and it's not quite a suggestion.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Roflcopter Rego, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Let me take you to a world of district. Both teams are complete wankers, and have gone to 0 tickets each. Now, they are shit enough to be unable to push forward, but not quite shit enough not to revive. It's a StaleShit. A ShitLock.

The suggestion isn't really relevant to that, other than when that happens new people can't play, because you can not not use a ticket on the first spawn. So my suggestion is either:

a) Your first spawn of the map requires no tickets and thus can be done with 0 tickets.

or b) Your first spawn can be from a squad revive, and your loadout is set the first squad revive you receive.

EDIT or c) Once tickets hit 0, it takes 60 to 120 seconds to spawn, or spawn for the first time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

The problem is that a) can be exploited by rejoining the server. You would lose your rank points but at least you would be alive. I don't know if this is good. In combination with saved stats it could work.

3. Demented

Demented Member

Squad revive wouldn't have that problem. (And 2.4 stores rank points over a match.) Though, maybe someone will protest loudly at the thought of reviving someone out of thin air, for the sake of–what do they call it–realism?

4. Mashav

Mashav Member

This came up before. The only other solution I remember besides those two is when your teams tickets get to 0, it takes a long time to respawn (upwards of 40 seconds)

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I actually like the longer-time respawn better. That way everyone participates in the match, and less people leave.

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

or every 40 seconds, you get a ticket

7. Brutos

The code for squad revive is a mess, I coded the other thing in 2 minutes. So I think I will search to reactivate that save stats after crash feature and together it should work quite fine. Wish me luck :D

8. Demented

Demented Member

Good luck.

P.S.
    I just realized I wrote 2.4 when I meant 2.24. (And it could've been in 2.23 for all I recall.)
    Golly.

9. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Wait, I thought ranks were stored when you crashed anyway? Hence why I suggested this. I'll add C) in the first post.

10. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Sudden Death timers!

11. Brutos

I implemented a) and reactivated the old code that stored stats after a crash.

/thread.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

map ends in a tie after 5 mins of both sides at 0 tickets.