Is it just me, or did 2.2 break rifles?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Mutant Freak, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Mutant Freak

Mutant Freak Member

Is anyone else of the opinion that 2.2 nearly completely broke the assault rifles??

Lots of people have been telling me that it's just that I never had any skill in empires, and that the game always "auto-aimed" for me, and that now my real lack of skill shows since I went from getting around a 4.0 kill to death ratio easily, down to a 0.5 ratio. I am personally of the opinion that having played empires for.. 3 years now? (however long it's been since empires 1.0 first came out) that it's not a lack of skill on my part. While 2.12 was going, I was very frequently within the top 3 positions on any server I played on, both in terms of points and ktd ratio. I simply believe the infantry weapons as they currently stand to be seriously flawed.

People complained that the mortar was overpowered against infantry, I disagreed, since the rifles were powerful enough to mitigate it, but I've now found myself emptying an entire clip on someone and not killing them. The scout's sniper rifle is also in a phase of being absurdly useless, and has been for a while; I've had to shoot someone up to 4 times to kill them. :confused:

Thankfully a new post was made in the news about 2.21 being around the corner, and hopefully fixing a number of these issues, but really guys.. 6+ months of development, and you managed to break infantry combat.

Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE :|ove: a lot of the other fixes and changes, it's just the infantry weapons that bother myself and a number of other senior players I've talked to. Anyways, keep it up, hopefully the new patch will fix it, and that's my 2 cents worth.

2. Cloud

Cloud Member

Infantry combat isnt "broken".
    You just can't rush into a room full of people and kill them before they turn around and shoot you.

If you're not doing any damage then you're too far away, the changes were meant to stop sniping and making rays of death. Also, there are plenty of threads about this already.

3. Cloud

Cloud Member

Edit: and there has never been a "sniper rifle", it's just a scoped rifle.

4. Mr.Scout

Mr.Scout Member

it used to be a sniper rifle it had some good distance

5. Zeke

Zeke Banned

What cloud truly try to say is that if u prone next to a wall and never ever considering to rush into a enemy defenses with a AR, then u get loads of kills.

The new way to win is to camp/revive long enough untill all enemy soldiers die, then u move up when nothing is there.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Well I never saw so many people using revive, walls and so forth as in 2.2.
    I dont think running into enemy territory and whoever enables spray and
    pray first wins is better than building defenses and taking care of the team.

7. Zeke

Zeke Banned

mayama i dont want it to be ZOMG UBER SPRAY N PRAY.
    neither do i want the über slow ways it is atm, something inbetween would be better :P

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

totally agree on zeke's post

as for topic, rifles, not you

9. Mutant Freak

Mutant Freak Member

I agree zeke, I just think the changes have swayed a bit too far towards the side of making it take a long time to kill someone. It was a bit frustrating in the past when someone would come into a room, spray & kill everyone, but I find the way it is now to be more frustrating.

10. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

The weapons are balanced now, no mroe rambo dudes.

Now you actualy need skill to kill someone, hiding, sneaking, aiming, accuracy, strategy, ect.
    Empires was supposed to be about teamwork, atleast the hardcore pros said that.
    Empires had an unbalanced combat system, atleast the hardcore pros said that.
    Scout rifle was overpowered, atleast the hardcore pros said that.

SO? The devs fixed that, put all their effort in fixing that and now you argue you cannot sit at 1 spot being useless and maybe kill someone once every 5 minutes as a scunt? You cannot longer be a rambo dude and slaughter people? You cannot longer be a silly useless loner?

*sigh*

All newbies like it, and all the ancient players now seem to argue because they don't have death lasers anymore that rip apart infantry in a matter of mili-seconds.

*sigh*

You guys wanted it, and now you curse and spit at the dev team.

I always heard the ancient players talking about how stupid scunts, rambos and the occansional rail versus nuke battles...

You dislike the new update because everything is balanced.

Stop being so hypocrite, you did it your self.

11. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Satanchild... sometimes there is just no words to comment you...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  12. Alceister

Alceister Member

Perhaps "obviously juvenile, impulsive?"

13. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

If you can run into a room, and kill everyone, who is using as powerful weapons as you, then that is a show of skill. If you run into a room, where it takes a group of people shooting at you quite some time to kill you, giving you enough time to kill one of them, and damage another, then that is bad.

I run into a room, I see which person is the most likely to shoot back at me, kill him. See someone else reacting to this, kill them. Third person, they damage me as they aim but they die. Quick reflexes, and the ability to quickly judge who's the biggest threat is skill. When you can do that, and only throw paper balls, it doesn't really matter.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You don't just run into a room, you slowly move in and take out every enemy one at a time. Rushing into the middle of them and turning around while spraying isn't a show of skill.

15. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

New weapons end in spray fest, old ones were balanced and i cant understand why new weapons are more balanced than old ones....

AND FIX goddamn hits counting, its broken totally. Melees dont count, sometimes you have to HIT enemy with half of the clip, you get blood, impact sound, then he types "lololo 100HP".
    Once i meleed guy THREE times, i got blood and impact, yet he said i didnt touch him:headshot:

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I have to say that in 2.12 i almost never used IS or aimed to kill someone.
    I often only pointed into the vague direction of my enemy and waited til the
    spread kills him.

But yeah I think the hit counting is broken, or the client side doesnt show
    what the server does.

17. Crix

Crix Member

The only old weapons that needed to be changed were the scout rifle (less bodyshot damage) and then NF rifle (OP).

The new weapons are underpowered and the falloff is insane.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I think thers a client prediction bug that draws blood where the server doesnt register a shot

19. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Did you notice situations where guy isn't hit even though you saw blood after shooting him? Melee might be bugged, I haven't really tested it a lot.

All effects like tracers and blood are executed on the client side. If client thought that bullet will hit the enemy it'll just show the blood. Server runs the same code and its data might be different for instance enemy might be somewhere else or bullet might be going in a different direction.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Yes, alot mootant.
    Mostly with the nfar and the bear.