Introducing: The script & plugin test server

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Trickster, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I was bored, and tried out Chris0132's scripts, which he has been nagging me about for 6 months and finally gave up. They were really interesting, so I figured they'd be interesting to test with others too.

So I'm going to give scripters and plugin creators access to the maptesting (soon map & script testing) server, for the purpose testing of new vehicle or weapon scripts, or sourcemod/eventscripts plugins. Obviously, you'll need to put up a download for the scripts/install the SM and ES systems for the first time, which you should know if you develop plugins for them. I may at some point install sourcemod myself so that it can give regular warnings that the server is running custom scripts, that way the scripters can put a download link in for it to spam. When Chris gets around, I'm going to put his on first, but any scripters/plugin creator can request FTP access to the server, and can upload and test their own at any time. It's be 32 slots, no fastdownload. You can edit the motd to put the link in too.

Anyway, so as with the mapping thread, just PM me asking for FTP access and you can host a test whenever.