Infiltration Signups

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Yes. Yes I do. There're clearly enough people who want to start off by not lynching anyone, and there's a precedent for it happening.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The problem is not the willingness of the many because we only need 1 vote to fuck things over. What I dont understand is, and I dont mind that this isnt there, why there isnt like a quota for votes needed fo someone to get lynched.

It's a role playing game, so it has to somewhat be realistic interaction wise, why would 1 person out of 20 people get to vote to lynch someone and then us actually lynching that one person? Wouldnt that be like, nah, we aint gun listen to u fuck off?

3. Candles

If you have 1 person voting to lynch, then everyone else is letting it happen. You don't need unanimous consent to not lynch, you just need a majority. >50%. If that 1 person is voting to lynch, then get 11 of the other people voting to not lynch. If people are so apathetic to the game to not even do that, then the match is over before it even begins.

4. Paradox

Was there an option to not lynch? I thought there wasnt it was like x votes y and everyone else doesnt vote thus y dies because 1 person voted

5. Candles

You have to actively vote against lynching anyone. It's different from abstaining for voting entirely.

Of course, I'm assuming that Empty would be fine with such a vote. It's happened before, but it remains his call.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fuck off with your bullshit reasoning and logic. You might accidentally ruin Infiltration.

Nearly 2 years and still no apology. I do not forget.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Last time (or the time before not sure) over 50% of players had to vote against a lynch and good luck with getting that, three trolls will get a pointless kill on day 1 because that's how our hivemind works.

8. Candles

You say that as if it's never worked before.

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

The rules for voting are always a little nebulous. Sometimes you have to vote off someone every round, sometimes you can abstain, sometimes one single kill vote overrides all abstainers.

And then there are always inactive people that need to be killed off anyways so the infils can't hide between them

10. Paradox

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

12. Empty

Empty Member

yeah well that's because honestly I wasn't expecting that stuff.

you guys were taking an option I didn't even know you had so I kinda had to wing it a bit. I found that letting it go through too easily slowed the game down too much (and also if you stall for too long, infils get several GUARANTEED days where an infil won't die, especially if there's no rifleman)

In my opinion, a no lynch day is actually worse for the innocents than a lynch going through because a lynch has a chance to kill an infil, but a murder will never target an infil.

However I'm not going to tell people how to play the game, I'll decide on what the rules for abstaining are at round start and I'll stick to them, I admit I fuck up rule decisions now and then but one of the most important things in my eyes is to never back down, if I make a ruling that is bad, we still have to follow that ruling until the end of the round, because consistency is more important than me 'hotfixing' shit midround.

Anyway, infil starts soon, gotta do stuff, prolly this afternoon I'll start? Not sure yet.

13. Empty

Empty Member

actually I'll make it clear so people pay attention, I did give 4 days notice when we'd start so don't QQ

infil starts in approximately 10 hours, 8pm GMT+10

EDIT: There's still time to join up, I'll post when signups and votes are final so get in now if you arent already

14. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

OP needs updated

15. Empty

Empty Member

lol fell asleep
    signups closed, starting now

16. Paradox

Slacker

17. Empty

Empty Member

I'd been up for 32 hours cut me some slack

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

So this time, maybe we can just chill and not scream at empty if he doesn't close the rounds quick enough. Sure, if it's been a few days from the time the round was supposed to end, then okay, but a day or so? Nah.

19. Empty

Empty Member

i'm working 5 shifts a week atm most of it between 11pm and 7am so my sleep is all over the fucking shop, so yeah this game might be a bit schizophrenic

20. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Just plan ahead and communicate with everyone.

People will be cool with you if one "day" is only 18 hours or 36 hours or whatever. You just have to give some notice and people won't mind.

It's not cool when you're late and people feel like you're totally MIA.

You have a schedule and you might not have control over it, but you do have control over the pacing of this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.