Infiltration Round 9: L2GM plox.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Bet he was something useful.

Like the Medic.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Scardybob came up with the most votes.
    With a frown, Trickster put him down.
    He was an innocent Base Crew

3. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Some clouds look sorta like frowns.

i think we should vote clou- wait, what?

Actually, I think Brutos is the one who does the frown face thing the most.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fucking told you.

5. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Two people died last night wich means at most two infiltrators sent in targets the rest were afk, Nattaboy just admited that he does not have enough time for this so he may be one, Kylegar's last post was during the sign ups and Jessiah was only active on day one.
    I think we already confirmed that brutos was attacked by an infiltator and I don't think that infiltrators can attack each other.

Also there are 11 people left in the game, 5 infiltrators and 4 crewmembers a rifleman with 3-4 lives and a medic, this will be the last night. well, if we are lucky one infiltrator might find the rifleman and the medic might save a crewmember from death and give us an extra day, the rifleman still has to kill an infiltrator though.

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I haven't been posting because college is raping me up the ass. The few times I've read this thread since the first day I've been on my iPod Touch, and frankly, I hate posting from that thing, I just read. By the time I get to my laptop I forget which threads I wanted to post in xD And there hasn't really been much to post anyways; I'm useless with clues.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

If you're going to make my death into a poem, at least make it a haiku :)

8. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Guys, I think we fucked up somewhere... We probably should have killed cloud the first day.

EDIT:
    KAMAKAZI IS DEAD. Or should be...

9. Empty

Empty Member

There once was a scardy from kentucket.
    He told the infiltrators to suck it.
    He got lots of votes.
    He wrote lots of notes.
    Got shot in the head and said "fuck it".

10. Empty

Empty Member

The night was a slaughter.
    First to go was Hygrom, Kylegar slew him with a spray of smg fire as the crew walked away from the days execution.
    Predator span around, drawing his rifle and fired a few shots into kylegar, but he wasn't fazed and kept gunning down men, Predom went down from 3 shots, two in the chest and the other in his neck. Predator dived into cover, Ikalx was already there with him.
    "Do you have a gun?" Predator enquired.
    Ikalx replied by filling Predator with lead.
    Foxy dragged Nattaboy into cover, behind some rocks as the gunfire continued. "C'mon man, you'll make it through!" Foxy said, as he applied pressure to Nattaboy's wounds. Jessiah ran past them, dropping a grenade as he passed.
    "Motherf" Foxy was cut off by shrapnel, and Nattaboy bled out on the snow.

The remaining Brenodi specops mopped up any further survivors, a few managed to run off into the snow alive, but the majority of the camp was dead.

"That was too fucking easy." Zoom said, wiping some blood off his clothes.
    "Yeah, Empty really fucked up though." Trickster replied.

I'm sorry but that was just terrible. Infils one via outnumber.
    I guess I suck.

11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I hope to God Empty knows that's how haiku.

Lol I chose good time to lurk.

GF infs. Empty's clues sux.

12. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah.
    I'm going to go curl up and cry now.

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It's not your fault you're not a good GM.
    Honestly we could have done better with the piece of crap clues we were given, sure...
    I think you did great comparable to a 5 year old..

<3

14. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

well, shit.

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So, I asked you to make me do some fancy shit, and I didnt even get to kill anyone.
    Figures.

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You need to bring back to the more "murder mystery" type feel. I think you need to encourage roleplay just a bit...the way this thread started was complete bollox tbh, i'm looking at Blizzerd & nattaboy's posts here. An OOC thread might be nice, considering you can move all the random questions over there with your mod powahs, it would be a good idea to have one.

And you should probably limit the kills - it's not a great idea to have half a dozen people killed off in the first round. Make it 1 hit in the first round, 2 in the second, then 3 from then on. Limit infils to 3 (or maybe 4), but kills should probably max out at 3 (1 for each infil).

And you don't need so many roles tbh - the engineer one is just pants, and requires you trust someone. The scout, grenadier and medic are core roles - if the scout can hide twice during the game, that also guarantees some nice intel. The grenadier is a good ability, requiring you out-think your enemy and i'm reaaaally surprised it hasn't been used so well yet. I mean really, Metal Smith? Did no one see that coming?

The rifleman isn't a good idea, it just confuses people (during the story segments) and gets innocent people killed as often as infils. That's okay if you have 5 infils and 4 people dying per night, but if you stick to 3 max, it shouldn't be too bad to do away with him. Base crew's ability to take a bullet is good imo and just leave that. But do away with all the others and it'd be much better.

You've made it a bit too complicated, both for you and us. If you go back to this simple set of rules where players have to investigate and weigh what people have said, you'll get a much better round...and make it more fun, for all of us.

And then, maybe later, you can weigh in a bit with the atmosphere, have some not-so-random event happen that make things harder if a team is winning far too easily. Bring back the sabouteur (as a completely hidden class) and let him do things within the environment that maybe put someone out of action for a round (poster misses a round), but allow them access to some clue - you could prevent abuse by pm'ing them with "You've been hit by a sabouteur. You can be knocked out (miss posting) this turn in exchange for a clue."

Try that and it should work pretty well.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what if next time we play online cluedo, then the "murdurous bunch" only has to put everyone else on the wrong trail... you could give them a sort of "limited" kill ability like only 1 kill per 7 people playing in the game and they have to make do with this limited ability for the entire game

this way less people die randomly and more people get to hav fun trying to solve the mystery

each person playing as detective gets 1 chance to call out one or more people who he thinks are guilty and what they did, if he gets the nail on the head he wins the game, butif he gets only one thing wrong, he loses the game and can no longer play

its basically always something i tried to do and kinda failed but i think empty could pull it off just have to write a little murder story beforehand, the muerderous bunch get to read it and need to put people on the wrong trail to safeguard there own escape

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  18. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Why don't we give infiltraitors certain specific objectives, and after they complete said objectives all they have todo is survive until the basecrew believes that all the infiltraitors have died, at which point they will escape. So rather than revealing a players role upon death why not make involve some sort of forensic analysis.

Forensic analysis being based on a photograph, for instance adding in a NF ragdoll to a room and leaving visual hints around the room. For example if cloud had been the riflemen and shot said body there would be large bullet casings scattered across the room. Their might be a window with very obvious clouds in the sky... Depending on the class of the victim their might also be a camera (engineer) a mine or rocket hidden in the image (grenadier) etc etc.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  19. complete_

complete_ lamer

doot doot doot~ (so had it)

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah, we were so lucky that we chose to kill you :3