Infiltration Round 3: Alone in the Dark

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Infiltration: Round 3: Alone in the Dark

RE READ THE RULES SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED

Notes:
    This round roles won't be revealed, there may be people of any class, it is a mystery.

Introduction:
    Welcome to Infiltration. This is a game of cunning, luck, persuasion and guile. You are all stationed on a Brenodi supply camp near the battlefield known only as 'Canyon'. Among your number are several Jekotian saboteurs, eager to destroy each and every one of you. The saboteurs are long-standing members of the camp, they could be any one of you. Over the next few nights they will attempt to murder the entire bases crew, and take the base for their own. You have to do everything in your power to stop them. The base is on a skeleton crew at this moment, with only a small contingent of military staff, and a majority of unarmed base crew.

Rules
    At the beginning of the round, several people will be randomly selected to be the Infiltrators, of the remaining people, several will be granted special roles (see below). Each day, a vote is put together and tallied, the people with the most votes are killed (if there is a tie both people tied die), after which, the night begins. Each night, the special players will use their 'powers' (Read below). They will elect their respective targets via a PM to me each night. After 24 hours, or if all targets are put in, whichever comes first, the next day dawns, and a summary of the nights events will be posted. In this summary, clues will be left. Please be explicit when you send me a target PM. Most of all, my word is law, what I say goes. You may argue it with me in PMs, but what I decide is final.

Clues
    Clues hint towards a player being a certain class, anything may be a clue, and a clue may relate to anything. Clues may relate to Avatar, Screenname, Personality, Notoriety, Famous 'deeds', past threads, Ideals, Join dates, and many other things not listed here. Some clues will be very cryptic. Others will be blatant. Clues may be found in Story Segments, story segments are written by me (not you guys), and are the only places clues may be found. Some story segments may not have clues. When a person dies in a story segment, their name will be Highlighted like that, denoting their class and that they are permanently and irrevocably DEAD. Roleplaying is not necessary or even asked of you. If you wanna do it go ahead. Day has been extended to 48 hours minimum unless all people vote, if you don't make a useful post in that time you will be kicked. (I want USEFUL POSTS, not stuff like 'lol posting to avoid kick', if you don't add to the game you'll be booted. Pay attention to who dies, if X accused Y then X died, Y is possibly an infiltrator.)
    At the end of the game, I will have a rundown of all clues, who they related to etc.

You may:
    -Discuss anything to do with the game outside of the thread.
    -Reveal your own role.
    -Fake reveal your own role.
    -Interpret and discuss Clues in this thread IRC or private chat.
    -Vote in this thread during the 'day'.

You may not:
    -Reveal fellow Infiltrators if you are one, in this thread or outside of it. If you break this rule you will be Permanently and irrevocably removed from the current round, and any after it.
    -Talk about what you know if you are dead. This rule will get you banned from the next round, but you may participate the round after that. Do not post if you are dead unless you have a very good reason. The dead CANNOT help the living by interpreting clues or anything else. They are SPECTATORS.
    -Quote your role PM. Or any similar evidence of your role. The only time your role should be known for sure is upon your death or at the end of the round.

These guidelines may be updated without notice. If an issue crops up for the first time I will be lenient in punishment, but afterwards standard punishments apply.

If I fuck up in some way (blatant clues that aren't fair or something else) do not discuss it in the thread, PM me with your complaints. I'm not perfect, and I will make mistakes. If this is the case I am sorry.

Targets:
    You have 24 hours to get your targets in once night falls, if you don't get them in, get the fuck over it.

Always PM your targets to me, don't send them to the Co-GM, the Co-GMs will usually be in different time zones to me, so we cannot always share any target updates.

Do not send me targets through chat, there are security reasons for this, my terrible memory and the fact that unlike a PM, I CAN LOSE A CHAT LOG.

Questions:
    You may ask me or the Co-GM questions about rules and such, question sessions are confidential, try to reach us on steam rather than IRC. If the Co-GM is unsure or cannot answer, and I'm not available, use PMs. Nothing happens ingame unless I'm here, so you're more or less guaranteed to get the message to me before time runs out.
    Don't ask questions about clues, we can't answer them.
    Don't overinterpret what we say. When you ask a question and we reply: "I can't answer that" we mean, we can't answer that, not "He's an infiltrator but I'm not telling".

Day/Night Cycle:
    After this point, Day/Night cuts off 24 hours after it begins.
    If you don't get your votes in, tough. If you don't get your targets in, tough.
    If I'm unavailable to call the 24 hours, a Co-GM can. They won't put in story/deaths, it's simply a notification that targets/votes are closed. This notification doesn't start the next day/night however, to give you all 24 hours to make decisions.

Idlekicking:
    After this point, you will be idle kicked if you make no contribution in a night/day cycle, this is 48 hours, plenty of time. Contributing can be voting, interpreting clues, or talking to the GMs. Idlekicking will become a lot more serious, and there will be no more leeway given.

Abstaining:
    Abstains win the vote if they have a complete majority of voters.
    If Abstains win, but do not collectively outweigh the other votes then the Abstains are discarded.

Trolling:
    Stop trolling your teammates. You fucktards.

Roles:
    I will PM you with your role when you get it. If you get no PM, assume you are a crew member. Do not post with questions like 'When do we get PMs', they are handed out as soon as the first round of voting occurs.

Infiltrator
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Each night they may attempt a murder. The Infiltrators know of their comrades, and as a group they may commit a number of murders equal to their own number less one. E.G. There are 4 infiltrators, less one is 3 potential kills. The rule doesn't apply to the last infiltrator.

Medic
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Can elect one player per night to 'Revive'. If that player is murdered during the night, the Medic will revive them. Medics cannot protect themselves. If there are 2 hits on a player, a medic cannot save them. The medic saves people before any hits on him occur.

Rifleman
    The rifleman takes justice into his own hands each night. He may elect to kill any player he chooses each night. His murders are subject to the same counters as Infiltrators (engineers). The Rifleman's attacks occur before infiltrators.

Scout
    The scout may spy on a player each night. He chooses a target each night and will get a piece of information that the GM (Me) chooses. This may be simply another clue, or it may be the persons class. Scouts may be given extra clues via PM without asking on certain occasions, but this is not guaranteed. The scout gets information before murders take place.

Grenadier
    The Grenadier may choose one target per night, if that person dies, their killer will be slain as well. He may only use this ability successfully once, but if the ability does not result in a death, he may re-use it the next night. After the ability has been used up, he will revert to a base crew. On his death he will be revealed as a Base Crew. He cannot target himself. Grenadier's effects do not take place until the next day. It works like this.
    Gren protects Medic
    Medic is killed by Infiltrator
    Next day, votes are in, etc.
    Night falls.
    Infiltrator dies.
    The Grenadier update will take place as of this moment.

Base Crew
    The base's crew are simply personnel in charge of maintaining operations. They have no specific powers, but their firing squad vote is worth the same as anyone elses. Base Crew are not the most powerful people in the game, but a smart Crewman who figures out the clues can be more dangerous than the Rifleman.

Rick Role
    You know the rules, and so do I.

Players:

0. Me - GM
    0b. Blizzerd - Co-GM
    1. Varbles
    2. Melarion
    3. aaaaaa50
    4. complete_
    5. Sandbag
    6. Rolsen
    7. Cpatton - Ragequit like a pussy.
    8. Mcgyver
    9. Ikalx
    10. Mageknight
    11. Scardybob
    12. Nattaboy
    13. Brutos
    14. Cloud
    15. Foxy
    16. Kane (NotDev)
    17. Deadpool
    18. Predominance
    19. Metal Smith
    20. Vulkanis

You can no longer sign up.

This round you will not be made aware of the numbers of each class.

Addendum: There were 2 seperate groups of infiltrators who didn't know of eachother.
    There were 6 infiltrators total.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

first you say there will be no rifles ,and then post the rifle description anyway

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

No riflemen again, huh?

Fudge, and here I was so hopeful..... :(

Edit: Guys, read the Grenadier class description, it's interesting..... :p

4. Empty

Empty Member

There were no rifles last round, there may or may not be rifles this round.
    I've put the info up for each class, there may or may not be a number of any of the classes.

It's a secret to everyone.

Woops, fixed the note, it was a leftover from last round.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You're welcome

6. Empty

Empty Member

PMs are out.
    Round beginning.

Empty sat in his office filing paperwork.
    "Got a message for you sir."
    It was Blizzerd.
    "Ah, thank you."
    Empty took the telegram.
    "It says that the command has been compromised in this base, that there is a traitor in the CO position..."
    Empty frowned, and reached for his sidearm under his desk.
    "That's funny, Blizzerd, because I got a telegram today saying the same thing about you."
    He looked up to the barrel of a pistol.
    "I think you are lying."
    Blizzerd's accent leaked through his Brenodian speech.
    Empty batted Blizzerds pistol away from his face, it flew across the room. He pulled out his own pistol, but Blizzerd responded by grabbing his other hand, making him unable to point the weapon.
    They grappled and fell to the floor.
    Blizzerd managed to pull Empty into a headlock, but Empty regained his previously restricted gun hand. He fired two shots, one broke the glass of the office and the other shot through his desk, filling the air with paper.
    Blizzerd released Empty from his headlock and went for the gun in his hand.
    "I will not let you take this base!"
    Blizzerd grunted.
    "You keep up this farce even when we're fighting over a pistol!"
    Blizzerd knee'd Empty in the groin and he cried out, then curled up into a ball.
    Blizzerd stood up and went to grab the pistol previously tossed onto the ground, he turned to see Empty had regained control of his weapon.
    Blizzerd fired first, a round hit Empty in the chest, and another in the gut.
    Empty's reply was a swift headshot, and Blizzerd fell to the ground dead.
    "God fucking damn it all" were Empty's last words, before darkness overtook him.

Several men stood around the bodies.
    "It looks like they shot eachother sir"
    Mageknight said to Cpatton.
    "I can fucking see that, moron."
    Scardy ignored the two.
    He walked over to Empty's desk, and saw a small piece of crumpled paper. He unfurled it, it was the telegraph Blizzerd had handed to Empty.
    "Apparently Empty was a traitor. I'm going to call command about this, Mageknight, go call HQ about this. Find out what's going on"
    "Roger that"
    Mageknight grabbed the piece of paper and ran up to communications.
    Cpatton began picking up the scattered litter around the desk. He noticed another similar telegraph, it had been shot in the firefight.
    "Check this out Scardy.
    It says, 'your second in command, Lt. Blizzerd has been confirmed to be a traitor.'
    This doesn't add up."
    "Agreed, I get the feeling that we've been set up."

The lights dimmed and went out.
    Everything went pitch black.
    Orange and red lights filled the office, klaxon's blared.
    "What the fuck?"

Scardy and Cpatton rushed out of the office, aaaaaa50 greeted them.
    "Someone's cut the power."
    "Obviously."
    "Communications are cut too, the base has been put on lockdown, the blast doors are shutting as we speak, the vehicles are already inaccessible, and outside access is closing up as we speak."
    "Can you override it?"
    "We need someone of high rank, a CO or his second in command."
    "Well isn't that just fucking dandy."
    "It gets worse, our main power supply to the regional power grid has been cut, and the access tunnel is entirely outside the base, we can't restore power until we cancel the lockdown and get out."
    "You're fucking joking."
    "We're on backup generators, they'll die in 24 hours. We've reclaimed all the torches, batteries, flares, and night vision gear in the base, they're being inventoried in the armory, if things don't improve we'll be stuck with torchlight. I cut down the light usage to backup emergency lights to extend the generators lifetime, but like I said, we only got 24 hours until everything goes out."
    "Do we have any idea who's done all this?"
    "Negative, all security has been sabotaged, we're in some deep shit sir."
    "Fuck the man who stationed me in an underground base, I knew this shit would happen."

Mageknight joined the trio.
    "I got through to command, before the power went out. They said they haven't sent any telegraphs to the base for at least a week, and nothing about traitors, I hung up before the power went out, they have no idea of our situation."
    Cpatton sighed.
    "Gather the men into the barracks, let's spread the news."

There will be no commander election this round.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i meeleed him in the crotch

8. Empty

Empty Member

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Cpatton stepped over Blizzerd's corpse splayed on the floor, his forehead bloody and wet. As the others left, Cpatton hesitated, then turned around before leaving the office. Something about Blizzerd's corpse caught his eye. he inspected Blizzerd's hair.

cpatton meleed blizzerd's corpse in the crotch.

"The roots are red... obviously a Rick... I fucking hate Ricks."

Cpatton spat on Blizzerd's corpse as he left the office.

^^ I got yo back empty :P

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Scardy is an infiltrator?

11. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Ooh, interesting. He certainly didn't say there were no hints.

But let's not jump to conclusions, hrm?

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

so, how are we supposed to know that the people who didn't sign up in the thread are actually playing?

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I'm just saying, if he's ignoring the 2 dead bodies. it's a suspicious hint me thinks. It's as good a starting place as any at least.

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

most blatant hint I think. Ignoring the bodies of his commanders? Staying in the back of the area not making any comments.

anyhow. I vote Scardybob.

Sry for the double post, didn't mean to. Not sure why it came up as double.

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

I think this is quite possibly the most telling evidence against Scardybob.

<_>

16. Cloud

Cloud Member

I just hope i wont be slain first this round.
    Holding vote until i've made up my mind.

17. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Must.. resist... killing... cloud...

GAH I VOTE CLOUD

Huff huff, ok, actually i guess I'll vote Scardy. Sorry, my old scoutin' buddy, but this is a whole new ball game.

Now I've just got to wash all these cliches off. Sorry if i use up all the hot water.

18. Empty

Empty Member

I don't mean to troll in my own troll thread, but Scardy was ignoring the two live people who were bickering while scardy did his own searching for clues.

Jeeesus. You guys are thick.

19. Cloud

Cloud Member

How about that we wont know a persons class upon death next round?

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

lolololol

empty you have to write it as if it is read by children, or they will start saying a notification of streaming water means wartortle is an infiltrator

me and empty debated about this, but it would give the infiltrators far too much slack, even if it would increase the tension massively, IF we would do something like this i think it would end with only 2 infiltrators for 20 people or something like that

the kill reveal is the only thing the base crew can steadily rely on for information

also this kind of debate should be moved to the "ooc" thread if possible :(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009