Infiltration Postgame Drama

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

The crew gathered in the hangar bay at nightfall. This nightmare had begun here. It was only fitting that it ended here, too.
    Predator dragged Xya, bound in chains, behind him.

"This one dies tomorrow. I fucking saw him conspiring to kill us all"
    Sgt Security nodded, as he layered another layer of preventative BrenodAID bandages around Blizzerd's shoulder. It was better to be safe than sorry.
    Predator turned to the bandaged man.
    "You fucking moron. Look what you've done. We lost another because of your stupidity."
    Blizzard looked confused. "Look, I said I was sorry, okay? Accidents happen, and I thought we could get two at once!"
    "You almost killed us all!" snarled Predator.
    "Not almost", said Blizzerd, pulling a shotgun pistol out of his boot. One shot and Sgt Security's face caved inwards.
    Predator dropped the chains he was holding out of shock.
    "No!!" screamed Paradox, lunging for the gun. One more squeeze of the trigger ended his protests.
    Blizzerd turned to Predator.
    "You want to see what kind of mind I have? One which runs with Jekotian blood, you fool."
    Predator began to slowly walk back, too shocked for words. Xyaminou's waiting arms snapped his neck like a twig. Predator fell lifeless to the floor.
    Blizzerd and Xyaminou turned to each other, then slowly walked towards the orbital relay system.

By dawn, the orbital artillery began firing towards Brenodia.

2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

=CLUE BREAKDOWN=

Disclaimer - it's impossible to have clear clues that give too much away and make the game shit. Meaning clues have to be extremely subtle. Therefore, things that might be clues might just be some shit to move the story along. So while some people are accidentally killed off or made suspicious because of a line in the story, it's also entirely possible to lie about what a bit of text means. That "hailstorm=VulcanStorm" was bullshit that everyone fell for, but that's what makes this game good. Lies.

It is very important to give different kinds of clues in this game. Some should be very vague, others kind of specific. If people can figure out the way the clues are made, or worse, find a pattern, then it defeats the purpose. So yes, you'd probably call some "shit clues". And some are. But for a reason.

Empty actually PMed me over this. The kinda clue which is so obvious that it's not really a clue at all. It was accidental, but I left it in anyway for anyone who actually reads the walls of text here.

If anybody reads literally any of blizzerds posts, he's just started having sex and so likes to tell everyone what a kinky dude he is.

while not a clue, this let Predator know where in the story he was, as the scouting text I sent him regarding McGuyver let him know that he entered a door which slid.

a blizzard

This was a vague clue in that nobody was in the room besides Lazybum. So it was Empty.

Although having Brenodia basked in eternal light led to confusion about how one of it's moons doesn't have eternal light, I hope this wasn't too much of an immersion killer. The idea was the the sun never sets on the Brenodi Empire. AKA British, and Trickster is the most British of Brits on this forum.

AFK slay, most of you got this immediately.

Three clues in this. The first is babbling - blizzerd was messaging fucking everyone and constantly posting, I'm surprised he wasn't killed immediately just for annoyance's sake.
    Leader - obvious Trickster reference. The Glorious Leader in his profile pic and the fact he was lead dev for ages.
    The fact that nobody saw the infiltrators was a hidden clue for just Predator, who scouted Empty that night and received an ambiguous clue which may have been infil. I didn't know whether he would pick up on it.

Predators clue regarding Empty. I wanted it to be ambiguous without making Pred certain that Empty is an infil - the base crew were already really fucked at this point.

Varbles and McGuyver had been accusing each other for an entire page. The fact that Varbles knew what was coming yet was surprised by who his killers were should have been a giveaway.

My personal addition to stop you guys from voting abstain every day until you die. It's really boring to play with abstain votes, and as Empty pointed out, not a good plan in the long run. I used the words hollow threat because after everyone pointed at VulcanStorm over the word hailstorm, I didn't dare use the word Empty.

The clues ended here. I gave the base crew free knowledge that the person being healed was the one who killed Empty for two reasons - Predator already knew who Empty's target was, so he would have told everyone anyway, and everyone would have asked why there was no rifleman kill that night if I said nothing.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Highlight of my game.

This is the kinda retarded shit I have to keep in mind when writing clues. Still though, blizzerd played really well by acting like he was just making mistake after mistake after mistake.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Sure blizzy, fucking knew it from the start

sorry mcgyver :( but you were kinda weird

hailstorm = blizzy fuck vulcan

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Everyone keeps mentioning that hailstorm clue but it never made sense to me because that's only in reference to the rifleman shooting me. Doesn't really say much about what the infiltrators are, unless were suppose to gather clues unrelated to infil's doings. Poorly played by everyone except infiltrators, you guys didn't even have to do anything all game.

I'm just extra sad because engy coulda saved it but he didn't. For shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Unless infils voted to kill security, It's hard to tell order of events in these posts sometimes.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That was far harder than it needed to be.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I am very glad Blizzerd was a infiltrator. Well played.

The hailstorm thing isn't something we actually believed, we just used it to bandwagon because we suspected Vulkan is doing the "I'm newbie" thing to hide and to gauge reactions.

Out of curiosity, was the ""They're fools, they're all such fools!" babbled the first.@ A clue for Blizzerd? The babbling part I mean.

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Just finished the clue post and yes, you're right. @PredatoR[HUN]

@Lazybum the infils voted to kill Security the medic, which is why I ended the game 12 hours early, it was over.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

not killing paradox first night, you deserved it

10. Trickster

Just wanna state in case there are future games, I'm legitimately not doing the instavote Paradox thing any more because it just ruins the game for both of us. If I'd voted him and he'd voted me, we'd have both been dead by day 2.

11. Paradox

the doublekill blizzerd wouldve been nice to do, but no fuck paradox

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I got the leader, babbling and the hailstorm clue. The scout clues were no problem. It's a shame we hesitated with killing Xya and went for Trickster instead, who was protected by Security.

Well, lots of things could've went better this game.

13. Paradox

Mcgyver, why did you lie about me?

14. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I honestly don't know why you'd trust Blizzerd and not even consider the possibility that he's an infiltrator. Don't know why so much hate for Paradox either. as far as I'm concerned I'd recruit Paradox to be an Infiltrator after having killed everyone else, poor guy deserves some friends.

Also the initial plan (when you were voting for me) all hinged on Paradox's hate for McGyver, I was going to claim to be the scout and hope that Paradox would vote to kill McGyver, might have gotten us a flawless victory. However Blizzerd did manage to get you to vote for Trickster (why would you change target??) and sort of won us the game.

So Paradox, what would you have done?

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Honestly I feel like half these clues are super ambiguous, the kind of ambiguous that makes me think entirely of this.

Maybe that's the point but I dunno, it's like asking people to think in whatever contorted fashion you end up thinking of.

The way you keep phrasing hints on empty I really kinda wonder if empty was suppose to be infil too, kinda like last game where infiltrators could recruit one of base crew(who I think ended up being medic...). I mean that first empty clue just sounded like empty would be pissed if hte first infiltraor game he plays ends up being crap, not that he's a rifleman. At the very least I wonder what he was thinking for his first couple of targets.

Actually hold up, was there no clues about infiltrators on first night? I know the hailstorm thing, but I still think that's horribly misleading. It just sounds like a clue against the rifleman.

16. Trickster

Security was the infil's mvp. Saved me and then flipped the vote to me which won us the game.

Thanks man.

Also going to have to say well played to Blizzerd. I was super fucking salty towards the end because I thought Blizzerd was just fucking everything up, but Xya and I were just being kept out of the loop arguably more than we should have. Blizzerd actually managed to find Empty as rifle and somehow get Security to flip his vote onto me, though I'm not sure he was aware that we could double kill when he did that. Regardless, it's a long time since I've seen an infiltrator actually infiltrate the group of base crew's private chats, prolly Kylegar was the last one, so super well played to Blizzerd, he put a lot more into this game than I did.

17. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I'm just wondering why the rofflewhore killed me :(

18. Trickster

Oh, and thanks to Devo for hosting this, especially given you've been travelling. Really wish more people could have been involved.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Sorry im late, i just took a 2 hour nap to recover from this game.

first off all, i feel i owe everyone an apology, i basically played everyone here like a cheap fiddle to the point of (in my opinion) breaking friendships and trust relations that damaged things after the game ended... just was not worth the win. That considering... here we go.

To the base crew, i would like to say im sorry but you guys sucked, all of you... as empty said it... infils did not win outright, base crew just lost.
    You guys were headless chickens.

Sgt, i would like to thank you for healing the infiltrators several times, we couldn't have done it without you, honorary infiltrator medal GET.
    Empty, thanks for evening out a game early on that was balanced slightly against us. I wont be all butthurt about it devo did a pretty good job but when he explained the rules i noticed it wasn't going to be easy to win this with only 1 kill a night for 3 infils and a rifleman? scout and medic in such a small group... that was really good sportsmanship of yours and the only reason you survived so long.
    Mcguyver, im sorry, i have nothing more to say... i played you in the cruelest froms of all. i hope you can forgive me and put it aside as "just the game". The moment you let me in that group hangout is when you lost yourself the game.

To my infil compadres
    , im really sorry i used you guys as pawns, lied and deceived you guys equally compared to the base crew and basically made this game unplayable for you... its what kept me in the game and made us win, but i agree it has taken some of the shine off the trophy...
    Xya, i used you as a prop and a backup plan. Its true like i said when i admitted to it that it worked both ways. If i got killed by rifle or whatever it would mean they would have regained some trust in you no matter what. But once i learned they scouted you early game and knew you were infil, and i could no longer count on empties rifle ability to cull the horde i had to put that into overdrive and basically sold you out over and over to whoever was willing to buy...

I used it to get the medics trust, i used it to get people to doubt others.

Same with trickter... people might not realise but the flip to vote trickster was not a communal planning. It was me thinking on my feet when presented with a dilemma. I knew i could pull it off convincingly but id have to go full retard, and i feel deeply ashamed of my behaviours. Trickster was apparently outright mad and flipping his shit over this, i made him have to get out of bed early without even a word of me about it, all because i knew it was the road to victory and even if i did not pull it off in a double tap vote sceme i could use it in another backup plan. Im sorry.

Predator, im sorry, i basically made you be distrusted to the point that sgt actually used his medic ability on me this night... i dont think there is any more to say, you were the best base crew by far but i feel like you just did not have the backing to deal with the shit i was flinging... well played. You grouped up the important classes really early and provided the main opposition to the infiltrators. Without this it would have been a walk in the park perfect game. As did everyone, you made mistakes, but by far you contributed more to your team from my perspective then any other person.

Paradox You were my enemy at the gates, my base crew to think he was infil, my big bad wolf to be feared by everyone... your "big reveal" threw quite a wrench into my plans and actually led directly to me ditching trickster eventually... a good play but your raging fuming from the mouth posts here and there throughout the game were just what i needed when i needed it to keep everyone going along as planned. The fact that i could not get people to off you over trickster is something commendable. Overall you played well but your few mistakes were big ones. This also led directly to the double kill opening... but at that point i feel the infiltrators had already tipped the game in their favour. I just wanted it to be a quick victory so the medic or a random vote of distrust against me couldn't fuck shit up.

Devo, sorry for considering you one of the pawns to play from day one, some things i said in that communal infil tread were orchestrated and redacted for your ears, i tried to steer clues and i feel i actually did pretty well with that... heck the fact i could recover from that "vulcanstorm" debacle is just a fucking miracle even if i say so myself. but using clues and bitching to make you stop giving clues is not something i would have been able to pull off with empty. You were a good moderator and the clues were good, i was just being a total manipulative dick.

I have been toying with this playstyle for about more then a year... ultra aggressive, no compromises, play everyone and make everyone confused as fuck as infil, other infils included. In my plans i could have never DREAMED of staying in the whole game though... or tbh actually win... I must have had 5 different persona's to different people throughout the game, i was a mess in rl about it and i thought of quitting a couple times. i posted i was going to abdicate in the communal base thread and i meant it at the time...

I will understand if none of you will want to play with me again, i probably wont play this game ever again, last few days i literal slept like 3 to 4 hours and awoke in sweat... the only thing i gained from this is a damp mattress and 2 kilos off on the scale.

[​IMG]

20. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Uh... How did blizzerd survive after I was proven innocent?

That hailstorm hint... Seriously....