Infiltration - Homeworld

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Ok so clearly the rifleman has shot dz. Stupid, but that's clear.
    Docrabbit appears to be an AFK kill, and Varbles got KO'd by infils, so we really care about picking apart those clues.

A few things strike me as odd.
    1) Varbles was killed by someone unarmed.
    2) Varbles skull in particular was focussed on
    3) "The hallway was completely red, and not just from Varbles' blood" this line strikes me as incredibly interesting. Was it someone else's blood, or was it something else making the hallway red?

1 and 2 to me points towards the behaviour of the Predator, and seems like a heavy handed clue if it actually is one. The hallway being red confuses the shit out of me, because I can't tie that to one person in particular. At this stage I'm not voting just yet but I'm planning to.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Also it's now 6v3.

This is very bad, for the record.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im at work atm, im going to read the living shit out of that when i take break but its a madhouse over here and i cant spend too much time in it atm.

Very bad indeed... i think we ether need to start hitting infils or we are done.

edit: These clues suck, #bettercluesmatter, i think the skull smashed to the wall part is relevant but i cant figure it out... It just sounds so out of place. The rest i dont even know where to start. Clues are not my strong suit.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  4. Empty

Empty Member

I think it's time to get voting started. More time means more time for discussion, and someone has to vote first.
    I'll accept the flak.

I'm voting Vulcanstorm. He accused varbles early on, but then refused to vote, which implies to me an attempted bandwagon. Further our hero complete was slain in a vent by a hailstorm of bullets.Heavyhanded clue? Probably, but everything counts here.

Further he accused me of being 'silent' early on which is literally false, but again didn't act on it. Which seems to me twice in a row an attempt to get a bandwagon rolling without committing to it and looking suspicious.

If I'm wrong, then we're pretty hosed anyway. we're swiftly reaching equal numbers with the bad guys and it'll be hella bad if it continues that way.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

vulcanstorm.... i agree, also google vulcan and first image... Dat wallllllll bad clue though since if you particularly googled the vulcan bomber a lot only logging out of google still has it first, but my reasons are more then a google search... Guy i accused of being Rifleman, if you really are a rifleman now is the time to step forward and either agree or deny since im voting vulcan based on the assumption that you are and if not this might lose us the game since we are running out of grunts.

6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I'm going to sleep soon so I'm gonna put my vote in. I don't have a better target than Vulcan and only Security discussed a different one with me in private but it feels a lot safer to vote Vulcan right now than anyone else.

I vote Vulcanstorm

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

he talked about empty didnt he, he basically told everyone he has "proof" for empty but came up blank when asked what his proof was

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I just have a question for our rifleman:

WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP SHOOTING PEOPLE RANDOMLY? NO IT DOES NOT IMPROVE OUR ODDS!

I will catch up with this thread and go looking for hints and post my estimation of the current status later.

9. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Why all the hate? What did I do?

I'm just a normal base crew btw, so can I get revived after being killed?

I know I probably can't change your opinions... BUT!

On the "hailstorm" of bullets... Has no-one considered blizzerd? Since... Ya know?

blizzard, snow, hail, stormy weather? No? Hailstorms and blizzards?

Idk weather or not this is of any use... But it's a different interpretation of the info.
    (See what i did there? Pun intended)

10. McGyver

Here is my overview and thoughts about the remaining players:

2. VulcanStorm - got a very clear hint with "hailstorm", dunno if Devo gives out such open hints, Empty wouldn't.
    3. McGuyver
    4. Xyanimou
    5. Paradox - accused me and voted for me on very thin clues
    7. Predator
    8. Trickster - has broken with his tradition to vote Paradox. Could mean that he is infil.
    11. Blizzerd - is very suspicious, but could also be a bored base crew that just likes to send PMs
    12. Empty
    13. Sgt. Security

As I see it, Empty is going full in and betting everything on that hailstorm hint. That is atleast a start to get something rolling and if VulcanStorm is innocent we know who to vote out next...

11. VulcanStorm

I think the rather brutal killing of varbles. Implies predator. But then again...

I noticed this... Story inconsistency? Or a paradox. How can it be bathed in eternal light and then go dark? Direct contradiction here, or story failure?

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Hollow = Empty, anyone?

Hailstorm is more blizzerd than Vulcanstorm, too.

That's it, I am voting Empty.

Vote : Empty.

13. VulcanStorm

As for me? Well, I'll reveal my role now as base crew. So even if I don't get killed now, that scout can look me up and confirm it for you.

All I can say now, is that you have the wrong guy.

I accept that I was wrong about varbles(sorry varbles), and you were kinda quiet compared to everyone else empty... But you need more evidence than a single word to go on.

As for now I vote none, but not abstain. I will let others decide for now...

14. VulcanStorm

I have decided. I will vote for predator. He seems to just be agreeing with empty and blizzerd and doesn't have his own reasons. Seems like he's going for a "go with the majority" cover...

Also, that brutal killing of varbles is a rather strong hint to predator.

My vote: predator.

If I'm wrong predator, convince me otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

What is the tally? 2 pred, 2 vulcan 1 empty?

16. VulcanStorm

I thought there was only 1 for predator... Just me. :(

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I just scrolled through, not always was it clear who actually voted and who just had a tinfoil hat on. Im tired as shit right now sorry.

18. McGyver

current votes: 1 pred, 2 vulcan, 1 empty

The hailstorm hint is the best we have got and therefore
    I vote VulcanStorm.

19. VulcanStorm

@McGyver Why does the hailstorm hint point to me. Why doesn't it point at blizzerd too?

Also, this hint was given in the context of the rifleman, not the infiltrators...

Have you not considered the other hints?

Isn't it normally "empty threat".

This is either a story error. Or something more suspicious... Eternal light, but then night time? Paradoxical?

Also, what about the brutal killing hint to a predator?

Just want to make my thoughts known before I get voted off...

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Duely noted, and probably has a grain of truth in it, point is there are not one but 3 clues against you even if one is a bit dodgy and just a general distrust due to your actions behind the screen. we will find out who is lying soon enough...