Infiltration - Homeworld

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Mcgyver and predator both pointing fingers at xya with weird accusations. Predator because sabotage is a french word, thats barely passable.

Mcgyver cause xya is silent, docrabbit is silent aswell but he isnt on the list making me think mcgyver wants xya gone but not docrabbit even though the same argument passes. Mcgyver could say he overlooked docrabbit, but I wouldnt believe he would actually overlook something like that.

Also blizzy and varbles. Blizzy coveres varbles for making a small error. Or vulcanstorm just nitpicking.

2. Paradox

Ill go with my gut here and vote mcgyver for being able to sabotage and xya being "silent"

3. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

He skipped #6, for reasons only known to him.

Speculating about the rifleman is not going to get us anywhere, and anyway he has better odds on killing an infiltrator than base crew do voting (because he knows he himself is not infil). Let's just hope he has better luck next time.

Infiltrators seem to be going for the inactive people, which in past games has always been a good strategy because the active base crew are more likely to off each other anyway. In my eyes that means another strike against blizzerd and empty because they're so experienced. One of them is likely an inf, but it'll take a serious clue for me to confidently vote for one of them.

As for the clues, Mcgyver is a pretty obvious connection because he'd have to be pretty handy to get the vent technician killed in his own vent system. The air ducts also made me think of the Alien series, which X mentioned earlier in the thread. That's a loose connection but the early clues have always been pretty loose; when another couple deaths happen we'll be able to see more clearly what stands out about complete's death.

I'm holding my vote until later today.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Yeah I did say it's a bit easy but I'm just trying to get a conversation to start since only four people have replied so far. Mcgyver sabotaging something is just as easy btw.

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Paradox is just trying to create confusion. He is name dropping half the people that are alive and then makes up some bullshit reason to vote me.

I vote Paradox.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I feel the clues are shit, im not voting anyone yet until someone can actually build a proper case. lots of pointing fingers at nothing here.

7. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

We have clues? Is that what @Devourawr is doing with these snippets of story?

8. Varbles

I'm voting Mcgyver for being accusatory with no good reason and being linked to the first clue.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't really think someone being quiet is grounds for lynching personally. I'll abstain for the time being.

10. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I'm sorry gentlemen but some of us still have work to do on this god forsaken station. You people might have forgotten it but we are here for a reason, and that is to defend Brenodia!
    One of us has to be making sure everything is still in shape while you people are just pointing fingers at each other.
    I refuse to participate in this futile debate of yours. Have you forgotten all that we've been through together? Is that all it takes to break the bonds we've formed over the years?
    Now I will get back to my work, if anyone is looking for me you know where to find me.
    (abstaining from votes until further notice)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    blizzerd likes this.
  11. Empty

Empty Member

Currently abstaining. I'm suspicious of mcgyver paradox (throwing around accusations) and security at this stage but I'm not sure who yet. I'm doing some snooping atm so depending on what I dig up I'll prolly change my vote.

Hunting in the vents and strange creaking seems awful specific, it feels like a reference to alien to me, but then I think the whole situation is fairly alien reminiscent. Also the girders in lazybums quarters seemed excessive, why not just put the guy down? Who can move girders? Someone strong? It seemed to be the rifleman since it was alone (whereas completes death seemed like a teamwork endeavor with a pursuer chasing him into the sabotaged region).

Last night killed off 2 of our mostly inactive players, and we only have I think docrabbit still uninvolved. I can see why keeping the 'lively distractions' is attractive to the infils, but on the other hand keeping silent sleeper agents can also fuck us up.

I guess what I'm saying is, all 3 of our infils are (most likely) among us, which gives us the advantage of being able to draw connections.

P.S. security you talk a lot about abstaining and riflemen not using their ability but you do realise that every day we abstain is a free kill for the bad guys. If you can give me some concrete justification or at least want to share your 'strategy' I think I could trust you more, but at this stage it just feels like you're encouraging us to throw away non-infil kills.

12. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I'll abstain too. Need more evidence...

13. Paradox

I am putting out my suspicions and the information I see. Just like you did with your post about what intel you had gathered. The people here know you quite well and your post to vote me is not mcgyver like, its without logic and baddly written.

Mcgyver is really dubious here.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Votes close in 2 hours.

Reminder - an Abstain vote is a vote not to kill anyone.

Not voting and abstaining are different things. If you mean not voting, do not use the word abstain please.

15. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Does abstain vote over rule kill votes? Or are you doing it like Empty and kill votes always have higher priority?

16. Varbles

Don't abstain now that the killing has started, everyone needs to assert their suspicions. Abstain is only good when the ENTIRE crew is obliged to abstain, if not you're just giving the infiltrators a bigger majority in the vote.

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

That's alright but don't kill people who are unlikely to be inflitrators. I'm mainly thinking about Mcgyver this time.

If you look at the previous infiltration, among the first posts, it was him who pointed out that bullshit voting helps infiltrators and that the rifleman does not have to kill someone every night.
    He had the engineer role that round, that's why he was playing like that. And that's why I believe he doesn't have a role this time, he is not careful at all.

I am voting Abstain

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Devo, can you post up occasional updates of where the vote tally is? It's hard to keep track when people change.

19. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I think we are headed towards a double kill. HELP!

20. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

That was the play I did when I was infiltrator, let all the others stirr up shit and just sit in the background, watching them vote on each other.