Infantry only TunnelRats

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by DocRabbit, Dec 2, 2014.

1. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Sounds do-able, but still makes my head hurt thinking about it. On a side note, I found out that most people do not realize on graveyard there is a button that disables the gas cloud covering the enemies main entrance. I used a random timer on this, and it only works with the enemy has captured your graveyard. Guess now that I am posting this, will see some try to get in now.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

People really hate that map.
    I love it though.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

People dont understand the important of walls and cameras.
    And the fact that tracers are a thing. The big building in the middle can go choke on a dick though

4. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Check OP for download link, also updated the images on OP to reflect state in Download.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

this is looking promising.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its on viper at this very moment - a bit bland but doc said its very early stage and for that it looks fantastic.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Turrets do this map no favours.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This is fucking awesome.

I feel like this map might have some of that early canyon "trenchy" combat, but for the whole fucking map.

I'd love to have a com that can drop armories and walls, but oh well. Can't have your cake & eat it too.

9. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

The traps would be have to be made out of brushes, not displacements. You can't make displacements entities.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You can hide the displacements that are not to be shown with func_brushes or func_breakables.

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The main spawns are too damn dark. A crouched or prone rifleman is impossible to see without turning up your gama. You shouldn't have to do that. Anyways put 2 rifleman in there and your basicly instasta killing anyone who spawns with no hope of stopping the enemy from tolling you.

12. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

the rv1 version fixes many of the most current complaints. Starting spawns are now lit. Turrets are restricted as well as walls where they were being overused for troll areas. Issues with nf crates, I just recompiled them myself correctly and they are in the bsp now.

Seems some new players aren't receiving the same base textures most of us have or where not included with a new install. I have made a patch of the old files that were in metal material folder that includes the missing texture that some are having of the stair tower roof in the middle.

emp_tunnelrats_rv1 Full Download

If missing roof texture, extract patch in your empires folder:Patch for emp_tunnelrats_rv1

13. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  14. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

You could have teams get a constant 1/res a second and have a comm that is trapped in a pen underground, like an ant queen:D

But that sounds like an emp_octagons level of silly map idea

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Kinda like tropicvendetta?

16. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

17. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Ok, everyones wishes is now in this new version. I have pulled all turrets and walls from everywhere. Also the missing textures are bundled in this one. Here is the link for the new version.

emp_tunnelrats_rv1a

I have sent Vicki the link and it will be up sometime today on Vipers. If someone that has access to Epic can do likewise, that would help.

18. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

It's on epic now.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Cap points are way too open and need 3+ players for some reason, and also capping takes ages.
    This map is very unpleasant to play on because it's just a slow grind, with large player counts you can't get anywhere near flags and with low player counts combat is very very annoying with a lack of cover and highly restrictive cap requirements.

Either unrestrict walls (probably a bad idea) or give cover on the flags because as it is, it's fucking retarded.

Also on the final flag, the enemy has to capture on open ground with enemy spawnpoints literally surrounding them, which is pants on head retarded.

I appreciate your effort but this is really one of the most painful maps to play when it rolls around, please address the cover issue and the map should be fine.

20. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

well this goes to show it is impossible to please everyone, people complained about walls giving too much cover. It will be the same if I put cover on the cap points, as well as people complained the original was too easy to cap, hence the increase in req to cap. This is why early on I asked people not to rtv off the bat, but try to finish so I could scale feedback. If you don't like infantry maps with tough cap points, then you aren't going to like this map no matter what I do to it.
    Combat is suppose to be a grind, not pleasant.