Increased Spawn Time For...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ViroMan, Feb 10, 2015.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Increased spawn time for how many are trying to spawn at the current moment at your chosen spawn location. We are not talking a lot of seconds just 1-2 extra for buildings typically when under heavy spawn use. Vehicles would see higher wait times.

The barracks has 4 spawn locations. What if we were to set spawns to 4 per second for buildings and 1 per second (or so) for vehicles.

The obvious down side (or some might see it as an up side) more people would rather spawn in a building and get a vehicle then wait the extra 1-3 seconds to spawn in an apc.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I get the feeling most wouldn't notice this.

3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

What good to the gameplay would this add?

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

APC's won't be able to spew troops like crazy. A bit more time for the defenders to rally to the base.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It feels kinda redundant, I don't know about this.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

apcs shouldnt get close to your base in the first place. sadly this isnt always possible due to maneuverability and certain map layouts at certain player amounts.
    but one also have to break a stick for devs, its also people not targeting the apc first.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

as much as i like the control and speed of the apcs (its 2 of 3 non-shit vehicles in the game), its a little fast for something that spawns infantry

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

One vehicle is two of the three good vehicles. Ermmmmm

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

While in theory I should be for this, I don't really find myself liking it.

10. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

Could be something like: "Be and NF apc, NF jeep"

See? I was right

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  11. complete_

complete_ lamer

the two apcs and the light tank
    the afv is the same as the be apc but its too large to fight against a lt so it sucks

maybe there could be such a thing as a research that gives an engine for only one vehicle? it could be a sort of specialty engine (specialty apcs, heavies). just thinking aloud

12. Lazybum

You could do that, not hard to do scripting wise. I haven't the foggiest of where you would put the research though.

13. flasche

arent the engines chassis specific anyway? like theres actually 6 engines one per chassis for each engine in the scripts.

maybe this could be another balancing vector. as in idk lets say bio engine is specifically good for mediums and gas for apcs or whatever. and i dont mean just better because of how they work but in their stats.
    i didnt think that trough yet though. interesting idea nevertheless

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  14. Lazybum

Yes that's all true. That seems like an odd way of going about it though, might be confusing. I do like the idea of focusing on certain chassis types though, that's kinda neat.

15. flasche

theoretically it could provide an incentive to research different engines as you go through chassis upgrades. but in the end a well balanced difference without more or less presetting a research path* could still end up weighting less then the time advantage of using a subpar engine for a chassis.

but wouldnt that also mean if you hit the sweet spot its a good tactical choice for commanders to make?

*as in, we get meds we need this engine, we get heavies we get that engine

16. Lazybum

Well, after thinking about it this is probably a good way to go about it. A lot of people don't like coolant and fission, so if they where change to a chassis specific engine like you say it would give a bit more of a diversity in engine use. Though for practical purposes there kinda is only 4 different chassis's to really be researching for.

Oh, one idea is making chassis types upgradeable and this could be one of the things to help accomplish that, a super engine of sorts like saying it's a more efficient version of whatever type of engine you previously researched, like better cooling and increased heat capacity or that extra effect of increasing horsepower as you lose armor. Empire needs a way to replace old tech though for such a system to work though. You could just have an improved standard engine for that specific chassis instead of increasing the effects of the other engines though, it would give extra incentives for a team to forgo an engine at the start to rush a specific chassis, would probably such though. This reminds of a suggestion I need to make.

17. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

I could've sworn that I saw your thread before this post (by looking at the new posts function).