increased manuverableity

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by HungryGuy, Sep 13, 2006.

?

Should there be an increased manuverablity skill for aircraft?

1. Scout

38.1%
  2. Engineer

38.1%
  3. Grenadier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rifleman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none (I don't want this skill in empires)

23.8%
  1. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Who should get the increased manuverableity skill for aicraft?

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

scouts, because they should be more worried about making it deep behind enemy lines than dog fightnig.

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Engineer, because they are supposed to have more knowledge on how to most efficiently work the technologically advanced craft.

4. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

Engineer, because they have a deep understanding of equipment and knowledge of its limits. so they can push it that little extra before it breaks.

Scouts should get afterburners, an increase in speed.
    riflemen should either get an increase of damage, or maybe better armor for the aircraft. increased surviavability after all.
    grenedeers should get an increase in the amount of bombs/rockets the craft can hold.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

rifleman: increased power with machineguns + increased armour
    gren: more ammo for rockst's and bombs + increased armour
    Scout: boost + manovarablility
    Engineer: nothing.

6. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

what? no love for the engi?

7. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Engi should sef repair

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

engy can already run away and repair their vehicle, meaning theirs can last possibly 3 - 4 times longer than anyone elses. I think this atleast outbalances any bonus they might receive.

9. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

But its Air Combat. they have to Not only evade the enemy, they have to land near some cover to get out and Repair. it isn't like a tank, you Don't have cover while your in the air, and you cant just 'hop out' at 30 thousand feet to do a quick repair.

10. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

QFT
    :) I agree that Engineer should get this skill because they're the people who know about these things. Only thing a rifleman needs to know is how to operate his rifle to perfection. Trust me I know. :p

11. Flolou

Flolou Member

Engy.

Scout : Vehicle Speed + Radar Stealth + Increase Manuverableity would be lame in dogfights...

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Not engy because if they win, then they can repair, but any other class can't.

even if they don't win, they can retreat into their own AntiAircraft area are repair themselves

13. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

again, i dont see how an engineer is going to repair his jet from a couple thousand feet up... in order to repair his jet he has to go to the ground and land. if he lands out in the open any ground unit can take him out with impunity, if he flies back to His base to repair, isn't that exactly like dying and buying a new one?

it isn't like a tank where you can drive around a corner, jump out and repair yourself in a couple seconds. there are No corners in the sky, and that first step after you jump out is a big one.

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Scouts should get the skill; to encourage things besides what they do now; Engineers are already over powered (a 1:1 dogfight between lvl1's and if the engineer wins; land and repair and re arm and take to the air again)

No dont say that it is diffrent from tanks; it is the same thing, If you hop out of your tank as an engi and try to repair it you would have been better off trying to get that 1 shot in, but if you won that fight you can quickly run off and repair in a relativley safe zone, re arm and go back to battle with a fully healed tank. Same thing with Aircraft; win the dogfight retreat; repair; attack rince and repeat.

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Riflemen and Scouts are so to speak the "Dumb muscle" of the armies. The Grenadier has more skillful techniques, and the Engineer tops everyone off.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

PYRO: jesus christ I obviously DON'T mean that the guy just pops out at 40,000 feet to repair himself, but he, just like a tank, can go into his own friendly AA zone (a trip in an aircraft that might take him all of 15 seconds) and then repair himself. and on any reasonably sized map, there are going to be pleanty of places to park without being blown up. what is the difference between a tank driver poping out to repair, and an aircraft?

and why, might I ask, would I want to repair my vehicle instead of just get it destroyed like any other class? perhaps the 1000 or so res would have something to do with it.

and equally, when aircraft are implemented, flying at high speeds back to your own Anti Aircraft area will likely only take a matter of seconds, and dodging will likely be easy in a vehicle that can traverse in 3 dimentions. needless to say, it will be easy and very useful as an engy to be able to retreat and repair.

17. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

You're forgetting that any class can fly into a friendly AA zone, and it's very likely that a friendly AA zone has a repair pad...

18. Revolver

Revolver Member

Or a friendly engineer to repair them. Personally, any class can get a repair.

I think engineers should get increased cargo space for troops.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no it's NOT. few commanders regularaly build repair pads.

and an AA friendly area can be anywhere on the map, but the repair pad will likely be only at your base.

furthermore, you don't even have to be somewhere safe, you can be anywhere as long as you won / got out of the fight.

20. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

I agree with Sandbag here.
    Engineers are too powerful as is..