In and out fading red diamonds to ease up shooting

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mr. Weedy, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I was thinking that it is a bit confusing when you have a couple dozens of red diamonds on your screen at the same level and you can't tell clearly which ones of them are bigger and close and which ones are smaller and farther away.

I was thinking that could it be possible to make it so that farther away and smaller targets would fade out depending on their distance to the player?

So that closest targets would show up as they do now, 0% transparency on the red diamonds but the smaller diamonds farther away would have around 80% transparency so they don't distract the player so much when there are a few dozens of those diamonds moving all over the screen and the player doesn't have to try and see which ones of those targets are players who stand still and which ones are turrets or other buildings.

Could this be possible? In my opinion this would make it easier for the players on the field to locate their targets based on the red diamonds' transparency and size. Especially when all their targets are on the same level and they can't see the enemy players enough well because there are too many red diamonds overlapping on the actual player model.

Ideas, comments.

2. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Should be possible i imagne. It would be more handy, but it is already quite easy to tell if a target is close to u or not cus of the length of the line and how fast the target is moveing. But nice idea ^^