I'm going to nerf the HMG.

Discussion in 'Coding' started by pickled_heretic, Apr 15, 2010.

1. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

That's true empty, you have dozens of them, and none of them are doing anything.

Fortunately for the community, I'm not one of "your" scripters.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

can you pussies stop that now please? like seriously, im not mod on this forum but omg you behave like little kids.
    especially since you all seem to be in positions where you can change anything for a good portion of people ...

a bit more professionalism please. you dont need to be able to smell eachother to work together ...

regards,
    kindergartenteacher flasche

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  3. Empty

Empty Member

>implying pickled knows enough about developement to know

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I knew enough about 2.24 to fix it, even with limited resources at my disposal. That left a positive impression with everyone, especially the server owners who saw all the positive reactions.

Cute.

5. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I guess you mean fortunatly for you ... i didn't see any polls anywhere neither complain threats about HMG, ... isn't that weird ... :D

Yeah you knew enought about 2.24 but how can you know enought about 2.25 when it just got released ... CV armor is a bug, arty too, I don't gonna talk about them ...
    plasma cn will be buffed in the next version, so wut ...

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Played also some rounds yesterday. First rounds really sucked, because of micspam, APC rush over and over, fail commanders and crashing on homeland.
    It is always strange that on a full server with many veterans around often a random noob is commander, because nobody else wants to. And of course these rounds often suck.

But later I had some really nice games on isle, midbridge, money_revisited, flat, silo ...
    I was commander on most maps (again because nobody else wanted to command) and we won (I think) every round.
    I tried physics, electrical with homing (for NF and BE) and bio for research. All of them worked fine but I can't tell if they are balanced, because I was commanding and not directly involved into tank combat.

7. Rehnquist

Rehnquist Member

Can't there just be a more all-inclusive balance update in a few weeks? It was a bit annoying to have some servers running custom scripts and others not. Then the scripts get turned off, then they come back. Jesus Christ, if you really want to cry about HMG or think that other things need to be tweaked (which they -probably do), for the love of god please do it through the devs.

If server owners and community members speak up (other than just a vocal minority who give enough of a fuck to actually go ahead and change shit like pickled) about balance issues, I bet that they would be considered. Scripting everything to hell server to server just seems like a giant pain in the ass for players.

8. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Don't know what else I can do. When I speak up and ask for things to be changed, I get called a crybaby and a whiner by the development team. Taking the initiative and doing something myself has historically provided much better results for all parties thus far, so I'm going to stick with that.

Anyway, the problems you mentioned don't exist if you play on one of the servers that currently recieve 99% of the player traffic, since they're all forming one bloc right now. This was how it worked by the end of 2.24. All the major servers were using exclusively my scripts, except for napalm's funhouse, which used different jeep turbos but otherwise identical scripts. Anyway, if there is another server you have concerns about, let me know - this is the thread for it.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

dont troll, everyone knows whatever mootant says is to be considered the same as something a person with tourettes syndrome would say

i bet you would have been dev far before me if you hadnt had the skill to piss everyone off twice for every letter you type in these forums, same goes for flashe

my respect for both of you is purely based on what you guys can do... nothing more

10. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Haha, i was just playing with Mootant on slaughtered and i thought the same. Now i know where all the rage and noob-unfriendlyness in Empires comes from - straight from Mootant's source code.

11. flasche

oh right now its me - now that was clear ... :pathetic:

12. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Flasche ist awesome, you need to spent more time in irc with him :)

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i kinda feel bad about what i just said about flashe, not about pickled tbh, but sorry flashe you can be annoying at times but so does everyone including me

i want to publicly apologise for some character faults on my behalf concerning some of the empires-mod community here

14. flasche

lol srsly, dont ;)