I'm going to nerf the HMG.

Discussion in 'Coding' started by pickled_heretic, Apr 15, 2010.

1. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

There's missing something called "sense" ... I wouldn't yell reloading if i were that soldier, would you? That's not about realism, that's just a logical error ... reloading time is already HIGH, better less ammo, like 140-150 bullets...

2. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I was already asked by root admins or server owners for all three major servers (napalm's funhouse, viper, and ELC) to do scripts so you might want to get used to the idea.

...or, do you like how 3 phase apcs can do double backflips?

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

maybe fix it and give it to devs and they could release it officially and we all are happy? i mean you can give them individual changes and let them implement what they want.
    i know all are butthurt because of something, dramablahblahblah, but seriously ...

... meh, well right, forget it - its not worth the time saying this anyway :rolleyes:

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

The devs don't want my input; I don't see why they would want my work either.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yes, I do like it. But sadly it's going to have to go, which upsets me a lot.

Also, what the hell is wrong with the machine pistol? Not a single person I've spoken to has any issues with it. Simply put, unless you've got a good reason for it, any changes to it aren't going on G4TC main or VIPER. The rest Idc, and do what you like with the HMG.

6. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

it's fucking overpowered is the problem.

for fun i was using it as a primary on crossroads. with the shot pistol, you can kill 2 people. with the machine pistol, you can kill 2 people and still have half of your magazine.

if you compare it to the pistol 1, it is basically categorically superior. it has similar accuracy, deals practically the same damage, and fires 10 times faster.

it seems as though some sort of calculation was made to match the DPS of the shot pistol and the machine pistol without taking into account reloading, because those figures match each other. I don't know if this was intentional but you can probably see why it is silly.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Well if you keep the DPSes equal between them you get a really powerful burst damage weapon and a shitty pistol.

8. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

>implying empty plays enough to know

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Burstpistol is pretty much as deadly as the shooty in close combat while run and gunning.
    You can only kill more than two people with it when you stand still or crouch and thats
    not what you do when fighting people 1-3 meters away from you.

10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

If that's true, and it's also true that it is more lethal at distances (and it is, since falloff and accuracy have also been buffed) then it stands to reason that it's more powerful than the shot pistol.

11. Empty

Empty Member

I played 3 rounds today, and I got bitched at nonstop, played with a fail team, had a failcomm and went on a grenadier killing spree, 2 heavies 3 infantry and a repair bay inside the enemy base with no cover ammo crates or backup.

So I play enough to know what weapons work and what don't, the original machine pistol had roughly the same spread and DPS as the shotgun pistol, and guess what.

It SUCKED.

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

wrong. the old machine pistol was almost where it needed to be. buffing the damage by some 30% in the current version AS WELL AS buffing falloff and accuracy was overkill.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Its not more powerfull than the shotty cause it cant instakill people that move,
    it is superior in another area.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The old machine pistol was boring unpredictable and forced you to stand still.
    Not moving = boredom

15. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I have no idea what you're talking about. I never stood still with the machine pistol and I frequently got 2 or more kills per magazine with the old version. The max spread even while moving was pretty small. If you kept the cursor centered on them at close ranges most of your bullets would hit.

maybe my rates are just better or something. Or maybe mootant was right and they need to nerf me 'cuz i'm overpowered. I don't know.

16. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

None ever said that, every helping hand is always welcome, the only conses is that it is probably hard working with someone who always shows such a negative attitude as you do.

17. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

mootant?

18. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Sorry, I can't get used to the idea that after 10 MONTHS OF BETATESTING and BALANCING (like 1 month) with LOTS of ppl who care you come around the corner 3 days after release and decides that HMG needs another nerf, NO FUCKING WAY, what do you think we did? Making an engine for your game? Quite the same goes for pistol2, but it will get nerfed in 2.26 most likly anyway ...

19. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Mootant is our beloved asshole, you on the other hand are not so much loved.

20. Empty

Empty Member

Mootants a dick but he also works hard around the clock and doesn't let his disagreements get in the way of his work.

He's somewhat open to criticism and he's one of the few useful coders we've got.

Scripters on the other hand, we have by the dozen.