Ikalx's Rifleman Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ikalx, Nov 23, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

youd be surprised how many half dead tanks you miss out. its not that valueable for tanks where you initiate the fight, true, but for those that got hit a couple of times and are retreating.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

You are wrong thats it.

If you are a tank driver you get armor detection extra armor diffusal and hp regen cause you wont be on foot you dont need speed hp and ammo cause who the fuck cares since you in a tank if you out of tank youll be either in their main base or middle of nowhere if you are somewhere else wasting your time instead of being in a new tank you fail at being efficient late game.

armor detection is crucial cause half of the time youll be fighting not completely new tanks and knowing where to hit them is important.
    Without armor detection you might not know the brand new tank you are fighting against isnt brand new and only has 1 plate everywhere excpet right flank and hey look you are shooting right flank like a derp. Zoom you are wrong congratulations.

3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Get it when you're driving tanks.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's pretty good for sniping out wounded tanks as Grenadier as well. You can just nip around the ongoing vehicle fight and pick off the back-side of tanks which they're trying to hide or whatever. The idea that it's a crutch skill is even more laughable than the idea that Z!0000m can't take advantage of one of the most essential skills in the game.

Honestly, I thought you were a better player than that.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Actual suggestions for new Rifleman skills in this thread: 0. Dat community contribution.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am surprised that people dumped shit on this.

When you couldn't "feel" the enemy's armor, you need armor detection.
    For example, back in 2.24 it took 6 stdCNs to kill a plain armor LT, if you could feel this, then armor detection indeed isn't that useful.

But sometimes a wild damaged enemy tank is hanging around and you'd probably miss it without armor detection.

The problem with driving a tank is that it truly limits your choices of skill.
    Ammo upgrade is pretty feasible because mines are OP and gren is pretty efficient at killing buildings.
    But speed clearly isn't that useful if you are mostly a tank driver.

If "increased armor" skill is buffed by another 15%, I'd officially say it'll out-value armor detection.

But.....I still get armor detection :3

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Cough*givehimacalcandmovethereviveskilltorofl*cough :rolleyes:

8. flasche

its outcome: noones gonna build shit anymore, because noones gonna play engi because what other reason apart from revive is there to be engi? oh right building ... ahahahahahah

9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

If riflemen could revive...

Jesus fuck, I'd never base bitch again. I get to shoot bitches and bring back the dead?

10. flasche

if on the other hand e-build wouldnt be so damned slow ...

... youd have more invisible scouts crawling across the map to build sneaky rax.

11. ImSpartacus

That whole "ammo" thing isn't a big deal. Riflemen never need any of that.

Walls aren't a big dealio either. I know I never use em.

12. flasche

theres days you have 2 engis on a team, one of them being comm already, i dont think taking away one of the biggest selling points will improve this ...

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I can get behind a better E build for the rifleman.

14. Candles

The problem isn't that those things aren't useful, the problem is that they're a piss incentive to go engineer in a battlefield. Revive is almost the only thing that gives an engineer points when he's in infantry combat, aside from a kill here and there.

15. ImSpartacus

No kidding. Nerf the default build rate, buff repair upgrade to make up the difference and now all of those useless Riflemen are less useless on com maps.

16. ImSpartacus

Oh yeah, the fucking point system. I'm glad that's in the game.

When I think "empires", my mind immediately goes towards its incredibly fair point system and how the game wouldn't be the same without it.

17. Candles

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. I'm hoping the latter but I'd be unsurprised by the former.

Default build rate is already piss; it takes like two full charges to build a refinery as it is.

You need *something* to stop players from being killing machines right off the bat while still providing a way to give noticeable improvements as the game progresses.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Okay, ONE person with a valid point.
    Ill admit, it does work kinda well with vehicles, as its way harder to tell how much damage you've done with multiple shots AND you do have the mobility and hp to get up close to exploit the weakness. The problem is that you're a gren and probably wont have rep pads (becuase fucking noone places then without constant reminders [Or also map design disallows easy placement, im looking at you, Nf side slaugh]) or engies about having enough sense and willing to rep you. Great if you've got solid backup, suicide without.

Other than that, noobs , all of you. Its funny how people are happy to bandwagon a person that can actually gren. Its funny hearing its sooo great yet i dont see you doing anything with it. I just literally told you I dont need this shit. Its easy to estimate how someone has his plates placed just based on his weapons. A chance for one kill in a blue moon is not of equal worth to sustain.

On topic as to riflemen getting rev:
    Just what makes you think this is a great idea? Sure rifle seems kind of lackluster at what hes supposed to do with every class being good at killing, but taking rev away from engy is a baad idea. Sure, it may seem like its bad that its the "do nearly everything usefull" class, but at least it guarantees that there are good amounts of people able perform crucial tasks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

[​IMG]

Your cool.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I actually shied away from armour detection because I focused too hard on hitting a specific side of a tank and ended up missing it completely. It's kind of relieving to just shoot whatever comes at you first.