Ikalx's Rifleman Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ikalx, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Rifleman Woosah

How you turn the rifleman into pretty much a normal fps soldier. To be honest, that's probably the best way to go. The rifleman still lacks for good class skills (apart from dig-in) that would make it more useful.

Maybe we could look into that?

Edit: It's kind of dumb that what falls to tweaking for the rifleman class is the rifles themselves each time, because there's a lack of utility in the class. I think we should focus more on thinking up new skills for the rifleman, and maybe look into reworking their defaults into a sort of medley. Instead of having each class at different stamina regen rates and differing armour rates, we should create class skills that do moderate boosts to most skills - e.g. 15% health boost, 20% stamina regeneration boost, 30% more ammo, all in one. So that the class with the least utility can instead of saving up to make them more useful, take an all-in-one skill to gain those slight nudges into being more formidable.

Then we look into making some more interesting skills.

Also, little off-topic, but it'd be kinda good if all classes could repair at e-build speed.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It would be funny if we made the rifleman's movement faster, kept the rifles as inaccurate on the move as they are, and made smgs accurate on the move :p

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What, rifles are pretty accurate on the move, as long as you don't spray at everything.

Spartacus made smg2 something that can also be rather accurate on the move, as long you shoot in 5 bullet bursts I think.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'm thinking the previous incarnations then. Well one rifle was always terrible on the move, the other not so much...

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, smg2 is sort of a testbed for that (and horrifically OP at the moment). I figured all of the good players used smg1 and wouldn't really give a shit about smg2, but I was kinda wrong about that one. :headshot:

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Smg2 is the shit, I'd run it on most maps.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Edited the original suggestion(s) since moderators found it useful to create a new topic.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I like the idea.

But I have a feeling that this will join the club of "decent but forgotten suggestions".

9. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

Accuracy upgrade could be made stronger for specific weapons that we want to have an accurate option (you can set that in the scripts) and then make it rifleman-only. Who uses it in the current form, really?

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

One of the reasons for the NFHR/BEAR's pellet system was to allow accuracy upgrade to be a sneaky way to also increase damage. Alas...

11. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Quite a few people use accuracy upgrade. I know I used to take it all the time with smg2, it was great. I take it for the rifles too, well sometimes.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Accuracy upgrade is fucking useful and extremely effective. It's like the 2nd/3rd best skill for a rifleman.

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

indeed, I used it everytime I played rifle as a second or third choice

its not very noticable, tho

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Lol, who doesn't take accuracy upgrade? Sometimes I take accuracy upgrade on fucking Grenadier it's that important. Gotta have that shotty choke yo.

15. Neoony

Neoony Member

never used for gren, but also use it for engi sometimes, when i got nothing better to pick

16. Trickster

I don't really agree there to be honest. Revive, HP upg, HP regen and rep/speed upg are better imo. Remember that HP regen stacks with squad aura regen, so it has a big impact if you have both.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Rifleman always
    1. speed upgrade 2. accuracy 3. hp upgrade 4 hp regen

Engineer
    rev rep speed accuracy

Grenadier
    speed hp stamina hpregen

scout
    go fuck yourselfs.

Anyway as you can see the problem we should adress is what ikalx said + rifleman need more special class only skills. Engineer and grens have great ones but rifle has like nothing useful imho except sometimes vehicle attack damage if you wanna really just do damage but thats just stupid if you can take engi or gren tank driver instead.

tldr rifleman special skills need rehaul

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Yea, it was more noticable back in the day.

Now im starting to think i take it for the placebo effect.

lel@noone using digin
    grens great class skills:
    defusal
    ?
    ??
    ???
    Everything is so situational is hurts

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  19. Trickster

Armour detection is solid on any non-infantry map, with increased armour being worth it if you're mainly driving tanks. Obviously Artillery feedback is only really used for artillery though, but there's nothing wrong with that.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I never got why people value armor detection. Its a waste of a slot. Speed is mandatory, ammo usually as well and if not, HP gives you so much more. Early game things die to ~2 rpgs anyway.
    Its not that hard to deduce which side of which tank is damaged or to count hits either. Its a crutch skill.