I was just reminded how fun this game could be, and how some people have destroyed that fun

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Feb 3, 2018.

1. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I played a few games on "Inifinity GameNight Server", it was packed with a group of guys that are learning the game. They put the clean version of Empires up and I was amazed how I could focus on fighting and not building refineries. Empires with the latest scripts and maps is all about build/build/build and starve you of resources. Focus on building and you win. But on this new server it was a focus on fighting, not building. Holy crap I felt like I was playing on a server from three years ago, when things were fun.

I wish someone would emulate that same setup, and bring the fun back into Empires.

vipervicki likes this.
  2. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

But we need competitive or the vets will leave and we'll never get our esports coverage.

Nah but last night was real fun until I ended up on a team with x as com.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Aren't you an admin on a server that's basically sitting there untouched? Whip it up into shape to fit what you think Empires should be, see how that works out.

4. MegaMLGgaming

MegaMLGgaming Member

Not that i remmember that far i just remmember empires being fun in general when i was younger, still is fun since were still here. But i guess that vanilla empires server gave you a nostalgia shot or something, im thinkihg leagues should be held on vanilla just for the hell of it. Because parahute from your ass dont sound so well on paper.

5. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

The less punishing, more cartoony shenanigans of vanilla was a nice change of pace. Hundreds of tickets, tons of resources, and surprisingly the lack of a parachute was really fun. I forgot how fun it was to jump off shit and land with a thud.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

I've been advocating for no parachute and mp_falldamage 1 for a long time now, but those pleas keep falling on deaf ears :rolleyes:

MegaMLGgaming and PwnedYoAss like this.
  7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

8. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

They password protected it: ***protected***

Now now, let's not post passwords to someone else's server publically like this.

But one guy, who always com's in not loving to be told anything at all. Ask for a rax or refinery and "76561198000099467" will mute and ignore you while he continues to be really bad. Just join the opposite team from him and all should be good. Most of the other guys listen and want to learn.

The nubs continue to jump in COM vehicle, stay in F2 view the whole time (could be a bug in the version they're using), rush right for NUKE heavies, with no armor or engine. They have tunnel vision and won't see more than one squad, so you might be waiting a long time for him to drop you refineries. It's fun when you can get a vet in the com vehicle. But they keep modifying it, I couldn't get out of F2 view the last time I commanded. I heard them talking about loading 2.12. But I'm not sure what version they're running. The used to start maps with 1500 resources, so instant radar and vf - which was fun as hell, but now they start with 0. Maybe X is advising them into oblivion.

I haven't played much on Vanilla, but it might be a better option.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
  9. D.D.D. Destroyer

.....so in terms of gameplay, they are your typical run of the mill newbies, except they come with their own playground?

10. MegaMLGgaming

MegaMLGgaming Member

Hmm, stuck in command view. Ive been stuck a few times, but it was different because i could exit it and not get back in. Did you try fn + f2?

11. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

If these guys show up - I want to apologize for sharing their password. I was being IM'd by a bunch of guys, but no excuses, I should have just let you guys play and enjoy learning how to play.

We did not stack, but someone has to lose, so it might feel that way, and randomly there could be stacks - it's part of the game. This game is not like any other, most of the vets have only one speed, we don't slow play. But there are a lot of guys willing to teach you how to play if you want to learn. I should have shown you some tolerance and patience, but hell I ain't built that way. It's a fun game, and challenge you guys to play on your own server, password it, we won't bother you. When you're ready - come wreck us. Some guys you should invite who will help are: PYA, MisFire, Steve UK, Doc Rabbit, jfers04, Quigon, AZK are very decent folks who want nothing more than to help you learn, and have unreal patience. I'm only patient with the guys who follow instruction.