I see what you did there

Discussion in 'General' started by Jkun, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Due to the recent increase in zomg spam posts, I decided it might be neccesary to say something official-like.

For the sake of the forum, my sanity, and your mom, let's try to keep down the number of posts that are, at the very least, 1-2 sentences or less. You've got to keep in mind, this isn't a chatroom, and while you might be lol'ing IRL, that doesn't mean you need to make a post about it. I can't (aka: won't) read every new post that comes through here, but cut me some slack, eh?

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I usually give short replies, but say what I have to, and make sure that what I say answers a question or is useful in one way or another. I also try to limit spamming to a minimal.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Forums are designed for short replies. As long as they're meaningful and not something like "lol, flying whales are so totally pwn blimbs" then surely there won't be much problem? =o

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dammit.

5. Slithzerikai

Unless it's on-subject in the ongoing topic, of course, opinions can be stated.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Usually I have trouble keeping my posts short, instead of rambling on and on, sometimes straying off topic, and thus confusing the reader. They tend to lose focus on what the original post was geared towards, ruining the time I spent to write it. My posts usually also are Grammar-Nazi approved too :D Like I said, the only problem I have is keeping my posts to-the-point, and illiminating redundancy, which would indeed cause the person to lose grasp on what I'm trying to say. I also try to make sure I write my posts with accurate grammar, as much as I can to my knowledge. Usually this is achieved just with taking time to write out a complete post, and to avoid having 2 pages with few ideas. People can lose track of ideas when you repeat yourself or clutter your ideas with too many words, and I'm trying to reduce the length of my posts to avoid that.

That's all :D
    And Jkun, nice avatar :D
    Guard FTW, my friend's bro has an army that's Guard :)

8. Darg

Darg Member

I may sometimes be prone to odd posts but they generally have some sort of meaning to them. Most of my more unusual posts occur late at night when my brain has already gone to bed without me.

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I think removing the "Posts: 1,000,000" in the top right corner of every post might cure the spam. Some people seem to think it's a goal to have the highest post count. I'll probably remove it when I get around to it.

10. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'd honestly be surprised if post count was really the cause =/

11. Slithzerikai

I wouldn't care, if I saw it as a competition I'd have started alot earlier, it's just since my graphics card broke, and I don't have any games to play, I'm on the forums all day long. This isn't the only forum I "plague" either.

Admitted, I'm somewhat proud of my postcount *Snicker* But I didn't do it for that, I'm active on the forums all day long now, naturally I'll post a heck of a lot.

12. Darg

Darg Member

The reason I've been around so much lately is due to work and related boredom. Luckily I work as a programmer so I'm able to be online here most of the day and just reply to anything that interests me that's posted in that 8 hours.

13. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I usually dont post anything on forums, only other forums I have a post count like this is the NS forums (which is down) and gaia online, but general discussion on gaia is like the blackhole except theres a new thread every 30 seconds and its even more stupid than the last

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

People here tend to go off topic extreamly fast... There was a greeting thread from a new member of empires, and it got de-railed to blimps in a matter of posts... *Stares at the blimp Cult*

15. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Blimb. It's spelled "blimb."

...I'm sorry, Jkun. :(

16. Slithzerikai

Is it me, or did my post count get erased because I spam no more then any other person on these forums? Or does Krenzo (or anyone else, if they have the powers) feel I just deserve a bashing because I'm loyal to this mod and trying to put in my 2 cents?

17. Darg

Darg Member

Think of it as a new challenge.. you've passed level 1 and are now onto the much harder level 2.

I'm sure you'll have a higher post count then me again in a day or two ;)

And change your sig to say height not width!

18. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I feel it's probably the former and not the latter. I have to admit though sliff, your posts often have substance to them, and more often than not they add something to the conversation.

I try for the same in my posts

19. Slithzerikai

It's not that I mind getting my posts scrapped, it's just that I'm the ONLY one that has it being done to.

Being singled out just because I am the most active member on the forum is not really fun, infact, it sounds like a punishment for being active.

20. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I've got no idea what that's about, so I can't help ya. >;S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.