I lol'd at this.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by John Shandy`, Sep 2, 2009.

1. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

I was watching the ELC from the console when all of a sudden I noticed this nice little gem:

As always,

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

"if you want realism , go outside"

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

You guys realize that this game DOES have a degree or realism in it, and at least tries to suspend some disbelief sometimes.
    So the "fuck realism" argument isn't really valid.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Just because we have some realism doesn't force us to make the game fuckin insurgency.

The realism-fucktards can keep their 0.2 shot kills, blurry cameras lack of crosshairs and lack of hud. I'll keep the gameplay.

In fact, why don't they play the most realistic game out there, The Army: Get Shot in Iraq.

Our game has plasma for fucks sake.

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

Plasma in name only.
    There is a general block on "mechs", "jetpacks" and other arcadey stuff.
    So Empires tries being realistic in most cases, but still is arcade with the calcs, the buildings and everything. But god damnit, I get so pissed-off when people pull off all kinds of "launching" or "rocket-jumping" stuff, that belongs to TF2.

And I do play Insurgency on occasion. And Project Reality, that really gets me rockin.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

you can rocket jump in empires anyways

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

The fuck realism statement is there because realism is never a reason to do anything.

It can be realistic and still be good, or it can be realistic and suck ass.

8. MiamiHeat87

MiamiHeat87 Member

I resent that.

9. Demented

Demented Member

Technically, it's now Get Blown Up in Iraq. Unless you were referring to the Gulf war, but did Australia send troops to that one?

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

just let one of the private "security" companies hire you. you dont need to be american for that AFAIK ...

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

lol, Empires is pretty realistic already, it isn't like TF2 where everything is overkilled.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I don`t get it ... ppl are joining ELC to try out empires, now this player doesnt like empires because its not reallistic enought for his taste ...
    so why posting his opinion??? It`s not like empires represent all different kind of games. And the opinion about realism of the empires community is ... well, from the empires community which plays empires, not like him, ... youll figure it out maybe ...

Geez, someone move this thread to black hole pls -_-'

13. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Piss off. I don't go trolling your threads and wishing them to the black hole. Don't like this one? Stay out of it.

I'm not passing judgment on him, or trying to make fun of him. I just thought it was funny to see someone insta-quit because it wasn't realistic enough. I'd be willing to bet he didn't quit the following for a lack of realism: Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Half-Life 2, Pirates Vikings & Knights, Eternal Silence, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Super Mario for the N64, Super Mario World for the SNES, Mario for the NES, PACMAN, Pong, Monopoly, Scrabble, Pictionary.

This thread isn't black hole worthy, at least not yet it isn't... you're just whining. Don't be a negative Nancy. This thread is meant to talk a little about most people's stance on realism, not about this player. I like a fair amount of realism, but it's no dealbreaker when compared to gameplay.

Besides, he didn't just decide not to play Empires because it's not realistic enough for him. He made it a point to insult the mod and express his distaste in all chat. If I thought the mod was shitty, I'd have just kept my mouth shut and left. What he said was largely incorrect anyway, because the mod does bear a certain amount of realism - and that's fact, not opinion. Empires is largely scifi with elements of realism.

The part that's annoying.
    The part that's funny/ironic/incorrect.

14. communism

communism poof

You tell him shandy

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The idea of realism in anything where I'm controlling the game sitting in a chair using a mouse and keyboard is pretty laughable to be honest.

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

no one fucks with john shandy, not even chuck norris.