I just fucking hate americans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sandbag, May 28, 2009.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

The only "problem" with humans compared to every other species is that we spread. Other species tend to expand to a point where the ecosystem can reliably support them, and then it stops because they can't increase outside of those borders. Mankind has invention and industry, which allows us to expand outside our natural borders and spread to the world and beyond.

This does not make us a "cancer" in any way, really. We still have the chance and means to co-exist with our environment. If we don't (sooner rather than later, i'd hope), I think it's fairly safe to say we'll get purged by a machination (either natural or manmade) and a new cycle will begin. I'd really hope that we can do this ourselves though, what's the point in having technology, if you can't preserve what you want?

I think a lot of those scenarios with post-apocalyptic environments where the earth is green again, humans are uneducated and "ancient" advanced tech is buried, is actually quite a realistic scenario.

That's a more hopeful one imo, I know if we keep the earth alive, we can survive somehow...i'd just like to keep it as life-giving as it is. We don't need to be smacked down before we learn...or do we?

2. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

This thread makes some good reading

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Fire. It will save us.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well put

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

wrong put, even if it sounds poetic its not true

the fact that our ozone layer supports life other then algae bacteria and other micro organisms is thanks to the environment changing ability of algae bacteria and other micro organisms for example

all life has made the world as it is now, the statement you call "well put" is as hypocritical and thick sculled as it gets, putting all life that exists today on exactly the same place of an earth that did not experience all the species and organisms that came before us would end in total collapse of life besides some micro organisms and "some" insects because the earth would not have what life at the moment is adapted to

this is why evolution did happen with certainty in some form or the other, you cannot just "put enough life down in the correct quantity and on the correct location" and expect it to "work" even slightly and this is exactly why scientists don't just shoot a missile filled with plant seeds to planet mars to start life there

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Too bad our children won't be having fun living in the ruined world when we have had all the fun which we have managed to get out of destroying our planet. :P

7. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

So you're saying if our race disappeared tomorrow with all our technology and civilization, the world would be worse off? WTF!?

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yup, pretty much

if we would be gone in the time it takes to change a day many animals would die and perhaps some might go extinct

also we are an animal too and if we would be gone the planet would be a species poorer yet again.

also 2 we are the only species atm able and willing to save other species in need

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah they would animals would be fucked because of the situations we put them in for our own benefit. If we didn't exist in the first place or still acted like apes there would be balance.

Also your just like my dumbass sister who tries to save animals.. Like back in the day my cat would catch some bird or whatever she'd save it and put it back in the wild.. Now that bird is in hella pain, just got the shit scared out of it and then is dropped off in some random place. 2 hours later my cat finds and kills it..

I can understand saving an animal from another human being but when you save wild animals you are taking food and possibly killing the more dominate species.. Its like nerfing the mowtar. Like people who feed wild animals too, they become dependent on that and will expect it to live from then on. It's stupid to do.

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

The only reason anything needs saving is because of the human race. We are the cause, the problem, and the only cure at this point is extinction. I truly wish we would become all but extinct and start over with the our technology, but the knowledge of where we went wrong. We need to strive toward a utopia where we peacefully co-exist alongside nature. We can't afford to keep shaping the planet to our needs. We need to adapt to the planets needs.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

legalize weed.. fuck that trendy hippy shit though.. Just like minded individuals who show respect to everything and one.

12. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

We won. We are the most powerfull life form on earth. We are the envy of al animals. They wish they could kill off all of there natural preditors. We are the end result of nature, Not an abomination of it. It is nature that drives us to do these things.

Mankind will sooner stop masterbating then stop causing the destruction of ther world. If you can stop your self from masturbating then maybe we can have a utopia of self control.

Like every adiction. We need an intervention. Some event that touches every human at once and forces us to transend nature.

Untill then, stop tortureing your selves.
    Live

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

The root of the problems is this.

"Can we do it?"
    "Yes. We have the funding and knowledge."
    "Then let's do it!"
    "What about the consequences?"
    "JUST FUCKING DO IT!"

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

there

is

no

balance

in

nature

never

was

never

will

be

also jessiah you are really scaring me now, it looks like you are from some kind of cult aimed to destroy humanity or something

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  15. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Science says otherwise.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

wikipedia copy pasta, skipped the part that explains what the "balance of nature" is supposed to represent

really jessiah, these last days you have come over as an ignorant hypocrite to me, please tell me it is not true cause on a social level i like you as a friend but this is just preposterous if you do not know enough about a subject you aren't really supposed to talk about it as if you do and if you still do it you are going to look like a fool :(

17. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I'm going by what I was taught at school, in science classes I earned honours in.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Ok I don't care enough about this to read about the debate over balance of nature or whatever but lemme just ask this.

You don't think that in some way human beings are all one? Things need to work together for germs to thrive and grow. Humans have feelings of love and compassion to perpetuate the growth of the race as a whole.

We have just started on this little planet and will probably advance so much and move on to other planets until we get big enough to really bother what ever our universe exists in. It's like we are a flu or some virus that's just started to spread. If you look at microscope photos of germs it looks like one organism, could it be that even deeper and smaller then what we can possibly see there are things like us just working together to be a germ?

A flu could be some super mini species that just wants to be comfortable and entertained all the time despite the fact they are destroying there surroundings. Like I said earlier when you fly over LA you can't see each human, but you can see the damage done.

19. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

the balance of nature theory is directly opposed to and discredited by the theory of evolution.

you need inbalance, the weaker members dying out and getting eradicated from the planet, while stronger populations survive to go on to start the next generation of weaker and stronger sections of the population.

in the words of brad pitt from fight club: "Everything is decaying. Everything is falling apart."

Humanity though has the structure of having a global society that means it IS possible to live in an ecologically sound manner. In essence, there is nothing natural about the extravagant planet destroying lifestyle, it's very much a luxury todays society.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

@Blizzerd, I think the point is not that nature is balanced, it's just that they don't affect things on such a massive scale as us.