I just fucking hate americans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sandbag, May 28, 2009.

1. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

not all americans, no. just one particular kind. this kind:

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well there's not just the American kind, I know people who think the same (and subsequently avoid them at all costs)

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Some of us react that way out of anger because the beliefs of others are being forced on us. For the federal government to force us to be "green" is unconstitutional, and particularly miss lead by ignoring the fact that were still coming out of an ice age!

This form of expression that you dislike is fueled by a feeling of helplessness(thus the resent toward the rich and powerful).

My particularly hate able American has to be the counter racist racist. the individual who sees a man of a different color and immediately assumes that man is racist against him. It's ignorant and particularly common.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

You find these people all around the world. American's are just the most vocal lot.

5. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

oh god vessboy... no... you're one of... them

"when the revolution comes, you will be the first to die", is the sort of thing I would say if i believed in a revolution coming. or killing people based on their opinions.

sometimes though, when it's obvious that one guy is pissing in the same boat you're trying to bail water out of... damn.

6. petemyster

petemyster Member

i thought the line was "when the revolution comes, people like you will be lined up and shot"

apart from that, I have nothing to contribute to the thread! *grabes cane and tap dances off stage*

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Uhm well everyone that I know that was in america told me that
    the whole peer pressure thing is as hard as the general biased oppinion
    of us european is. I mean what can you say about a country in which
    people between 30-40 behave like in college with "the cool guys" "the nerds"
    and whatever, seriously...

8. ba'al

ba'al Member

I only hate the american goberment and the flag/jesus fanatics.

9. Beerdude26

What?! These aren't beliefs like some batshit insane cult thinks up, these are theories backed up by actual FACTS (or presumptions of facts with a high possibility). Now, I'm not saying you're not allowed to question a theory, in fact I encourage critical thinking. But making the mistake of saying that global warming is plainly a belief based on good (you could also say bad) faith, is one that I have to point out.

10. Alceister

Alceister Member

We spend very little parts of our lives actually thinking about things. Everything is so heavily ingrained in our subconscious that we do them without thinking. I can type on my computer as fast as I can now because it's been beaten into my head how to do it. I don't even need to think about it.

We respond, we don't think. We go through the motions of everyday life and we get accustomed to them. When we turn the ignition of a car, we don't think about the pollution we are contributing to. When we spit on the sidewalk or drop a paper cup onto someone else's lawn we don't think about the person who might end up stepping on it or the person who has to eventually pick it up.

Likewise, beliefs and customs that we have held for so long are quite difficult to change. Forcing people to another system is nigh-on impossible without proper impetus. Even telling people that the world is going to end unless you change to solar panel generation is not going to work.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  11. arklansman

arklansman Member

He's in Arkansas, no wonder there are so many idiots.

12. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I'f I am to be killed then so be it.

Basicly my belief is I protect my self. When I'm safe I protect my family. When there safe it's my friends, then neighbors, then my town. Anything beyond that is gonna have a long wait.

13. Alceister

Alceister Member

And indeed selfishness is important. It is the foundation for all other actions. But complete thoughtlessness of consequences is dire, and if this endangers the individual themselves or others, then something has to be done about it. After all, we're all in this world together. The sanctity of the individual can be only protected if this does not intrude into the rights of other individuals as well.

14. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Of course, it would be more efficient if we formed a community, designated a small percentage to protection, and let everyone else be productive in other areas.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

people who brush global warming off the table with the argument that its "just a theory" clearly miss the point of scientific advances, and the definition of "a scientific theory"

fact is that close to 0 percent of all those "its just a theory" guys will unlikely be capable of proposing anything other that also fits the scientific definition of a theory for the problem

a real problem is in belgium actually, we are abandoning nuclear power to make our exhausts lessen and be more "green" while we are unable to produce our needs in wind and solar energy

kernkraft is the way to go imo: cheap durable and clean, the waste quantities are neglect able and can be disposed off easily in a vault untill we DO find a valid alternative, or be shot into the sun :3

16. Beerdude26

While that is a good argumentation, I'd still like it if we continued our research into renewable techs like solar and wind power. Advancing in the former would make mobile energy generation much more feasible (see the Freeloader for an early example).

17. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

did anybody else picture Scardybob's avatar reading out his post? seriouscat style? well written anyway.

18. communism

communism poof

Haha, after I read your post I reread his with the cat in mind. And it totally seems like something that cat would say

19. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Don't diss americans. They were all european rejects once upon a time...

Honestly, People seem to only use americans as examples of all the problems in the world because of how diverse america is. The diversity is so immense that no single group can possibly take control of the country anymore.

It's nigh impossible to compare america to other countries because americans are not a race of people. Germans are germans, French are french, British are british, etc etc. Americans have both the advantage and disadvantage of being German, British, French, etc etc all at once.

Overall, As long as americans AREN'T americans, This country probably won't fail. Having pride in being americans when there is no such thing more or less false pride, correct?

It's hard to believe you can so easily single out americans when americans have their beginnings in just about every country in the world. The way we think and act is a result of people of different origins getting along.

20. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

No it's fact. the thing is... We have little to do with it. If you combine all of the green house gases produced by mankind since we've discoverd fire to now. It only about 1/7th the amount released by a methaine pocket undersea 10000 years ago.

The planet is going through a natural cycle of heating and cooling. And we're along for the ride.