i have won a nintendo ds lite...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by supaste, May 31, 2007.

1. supaste

supaste Member

I won it from the coke-cola http://www.getupandplay.co.uk/ thing. It has not been delivered yet and i only got the phone call to say that i won 20mins ago. As far as im aware it will arive without any games or anything like that.. just the console.

What I cant decided is whether it would be worth spending some of my money on the ds (games and shit) and keeping it or putting it up for sale on ebay or some where like that. I have never sold anything on ebay (or bought anything) and i dont have a clue how much i would get for one.

discuss!

gutted i didnt win the wii and tv like...

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

congratulations!

I'd keep it, for playing games on the toilet. I finished sonic and Children of mana on the toilet. Can't say I wasted my time on playing on my DS :D

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Get that one game where you play the detective in the Hotel. That looked cool and spooky and rife with character development. Then write up a three page essay about it so I can play the game vicariously through your DS.

4. supaste

supaste Member

yeah i guess i'll keep it because the thing I reli wanted was a wii but when i do get one (i have more then enough money) i can connect the ds and wii together.

oh im going to go out in a bit and laugh at my mates who said i wouldn't win :)

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

You should do that while wearing the turtle shell so it balances out.

6. supaste

supaste Member

you know about my turtle shell....

....that was a awsome party..

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

hahaha, you win a ds and now you want a tv!

still, i would ebay it if I were you.

8. supaste

supaste Member

well whats the most im gonna get off of it... £60-£70 and i would need to get my dad to regester on ebay... then i would have to sell it and send it. Lots of effort which i cant be bothered to put in. Besides i had thought about getting a ds and which i get a wii (not if) they can communicate between each other :)

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Get advance wars and phoenix wright.

10. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I'd assume you should get Animal Crossing, evryone I know who bought a DS got it. And the new pokemon is going to be compatible with wii. Nothing beats getting smashed by asians over the net. Also, Mario Kart is a must.

11. supaste

supaste Member

might get some games at some point...

12. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Remember, winners don't use drugs.

13. supaste

supaste Member

wow krenzo you talk some real shit some of the time... not that i do drugs but... most people who do drugs seem to win some thing.

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I was reminding you to maintain a drug free lifestyle, especially now that you're an official winner. Is that wrong of me?

15. supaste

supaste Member

im not sure..

16. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

17. supaste

supaste Member

btw is there anything interesting you can do on a ds without games?

(i have a few gb advance game so im fine for now...)

18. dizzyone

browse?

You could just get a supercard and put homebrew stuff on it, or even better an emulator :)

19. supaste

supaste Member

browse using what, you need to buy the browser.

what is a super card? Is it the type of card a ds reads. I thought they used sd cards.

20. dizzyone

I thought the browser came with the lite, and only the older ds users had to buy the browser, sounds very lame if they didn't add it, as they were hyping it up.

Anyway, google is your friend, supercards are cartridges for your handheld that can fit a sdcard, with a nice little firmware hack (passme, rapeme, its named something like that) you are able to put anything you like on the sd and run it on your ds. Emulators mostly, but also homebrew apps like mediaplayers, paint programs, even a special DS for windows (which I believe allows you to remotely control your pc with your ds), god knows what else, guess you'll have to figure that out your self when you consider buying one. theres also probably some firmware hack that allows you to use
    "backup'd" DS games.

All mentioned above is for educational purposes only, and I am in no way responsible for what you do with this piece of information neither do I encourage illegal activities or misuse of your handheld. :P

edit: the sd cards used for licenced games have a protection, which is why you can't just use sd cards and plug em in the back, the supercard (and there are other products just like the supercard) can circumvent the protection by using the GBA cartridge slot.

other good news for DS homebrew is that this guy managed to hack DS-wifi, so homebrew programs can make use of it :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007