Hypothetical Engine Switch

Discussion in 'General' started by grayclay88, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Hypothetically, if Empires was to switch engines, which one would YOU want it to switch to?

Even though Crysis hardly runs on ANYones computer, I would still want Empires to switch to the crytek engine, for one simple reason: foilage. The Crysis maps are so alive, so luscious, and its so easy to map for it. The vehicle handling is built into the game, the separate parts on the vehicles can be individually damaged, etc.

The second candidate would be the Unreal 3 engine, simply because it looks GREAT, can support aLOT of people, and is very easy to mod for, i hear.

(note: im not saying anything bad about the source engine, it is a great engine for this type of game, other then the fact that it doesn't handle vehicles/aircraft, post-compile map changes, or large player counts).

2. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

I would prefer it would switch to an open-source engine, so that it could be played on better OSes without emulation.

3. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I'd give anything for it to be switched to valves source engine, instead of trying to develop for the CryENGINE with a non existent SDK... Oh shi- time paradox!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

If I remember correct, Empires WAS going to be on the CryEngine until the shitty mod support and lack of interest in the community shunned the devs away from it.

5. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Hey krenzo! look what there talking about again! :D:D:D

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

anything that doesn't make me upgrade my computer past it's current stats.

So yeah, no change, especially not crysis. I'm cheap, lazy, and technologically illiterate. (man what a buzzkill I am :p)

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Anyone who brings up switching engines again will receive an infraction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.