How many suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paradox, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

How many suggestions do we have to make before we do something about this massive overload of tanks on the battlefield?

Like I think almost everyone agrees there are too many. But we dont all agree on how to do it.

Suggestions have been made, to implement tank limit, implement resources limitating processes, increase infantry durability by 1. Increasing damage ( rpgs I suppose, my right click rpg fast firing more damage wouldve been great but noooooo ) 2. Increase resist

But I havent heard of any things on the dev side that they are willing to do. Except the new rpg increased damage.

I want to know if the dev team is at all concerned about this problem and if yes what are their own thoughts on how to fix them and are you going to fix them or try to.
    With this new wind of balls to the wall change added tons of weaopns changing sounds you should also get the balls to massively lower resources, massively increase infantry resist, massively do something to fix this problem.

Show me your cojones

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Makes me wonder if you read update log.

3. Paradox

Update log?

4. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Why is there an overload of tanks? I intentionally research cheap tanks to have more, and since they are light they have more punch. I want 20 tanks and we save for those 20. This is part of the game. Having less with 30K in the bank seems to be a waste, since vets who deserve the tanks, don't lose them. The extra tanks are nubs and they die quickly.

Lets focus on things that make the game more fun. Tanks are fun - don't remove them from the players. Also keeping nubs out of tanks makes it less fun for them.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I disagree, straight tank fights are boring. Infantry and tank fights are fun. If there's less tanks that means more infantry, which means more fun.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's subjective.

I would say every aspect of this game is very enjoyable.

There's actually not a single aspect of this game that I can't dig the fun out of it.

It's just tank fights are not done in a way to emphasize the fun part, aka things actually dying.

7. Polyesta

Polyesta Member

There's some serious balancing issue's with Tanks currently. I think Tanks should be limited only to players who deserve to use them, everyone shouldn't be allowed. Atleast mediums or heavys. I've seen brand new players literally crash them in river's burn up resources which allowed the other team to win, I did this my very first game actually. I just started playing we only had like 5/6k and I bought 2 tanks and wasted them, and sadly- I believe I costed our team a victory.,

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you failing your team is no "serious balancing issue" tho, its the process of learning. and failure is the best teacher, you wont teach a child to run if you keep it from running.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Took me 2 years or so to get my first top scoreboard(250+ ping is a bitch) and then I started spamming them.

Just die more and more and you'll figure out.

Locking you out of vehicle isn't going to help you learn.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  10. Ranger

Ranger Member

I don't believe the game should force a certain type of gameplay on people as far as balance is concerned. I like both types of games. combined arms and tank only and we see both of them occasionally.

I believe it should depend on the map and resources available. For example, combined arms doesn't work all that well in mid bridge or dustorm even. And I feel that taking the option of spamming tanks from the commander is bad.

Also no matter what the fok u do with balance, you will never get good combined arms with nubs for obvious reasons. You can't have ur life depend on a nub (someone who has no idea and often doesn't even do the obvious like healing or in general support)

Say we have no nubs. Then combined arms would be doable because players would cooperate for the good of the team. You could have few tanks and lots of infantry, not because you have little res, but because it is actually more effective in that map or situation or whatever.

But taking away tanks to force that... I don't think it's right. I do believe Empires is mainly a game about tanks.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I mean, I think it's an issue. I liked combined arms and I feel the game should push for more combined arms rather than tank on tank because combined arms makes the game more fun, but then we run into people complaining that "Tanks die super easy to infantry" and "Infantry are super weak to tanks" because to make them both viable, we need to have weaknesses. This is why I recommend the turret turning speed for tanks, and make infantry weak to tank shells. Infantry could out run the turret turning if close enough and destroy the tank, but the tank should easily kill them if it can aim at them.

12. Paradox

I dont want infantry vs heavy to be super balanced all the time. I want infantry to be good in scenario A en heavies to be good in scenario B.
    Right now heavies are just good in every scenario. Fuck that

13. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Personally, I think a turret turn speed should be added and it would fix almost all of this. Make heavies have a slow turret turn speed but SUPER powerful and then infantry can sneak up on it or out run the turret.

14. Polyesta

Polyesta Member

Adding to that great idea, reduce the armor size allowed for heavy tanks in the rear. Look at the historical Panzer Tank it was decently fast, kinda slow turret speed but had amazing armor penetration. The armor on the front and sides and the only weak spot was the rear.

Actually in general all vehicular tanks should have some what reduced armor, its "fucking" ridiculous when you just fire back and forth at each other for days weeks and years. :rolleyes::pathetic:

It would make tank combat more effectively fun, gauging your shell drop at long distances and actually be able to take out enemy tanks. In essence you would have to be on you're toe's and skill would actually come into play. ;)

15. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The whole point of the tank customization is that you choose where the armor goes. Most people are smart enough that they reduce their armor in the rear and put it on on the front, but I don't think we need to "restrict" the amount of armor in the rear.

The problem is getting to the enemies rear because it's hard to maneuver tanks through chokes when theres 10 tanks v 10 tanks. Any charging tanks get decimated no matter the armor amount they have.

Polyesta likes this.
  16. Polyesta

Polyesta Member

I don't mean completely removing rear armor just not allowing as much, maybe even make it cost more. Tanks regardless should not be able to withstand a hundred shots too begin with. I mean its perfectly fine if the armor protects it from maybe forty fifty, but I've personally witnessed some ridiculous stuff.

17. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

But some players have insane levels of skill... Some players (you know who you are) can wipe entire squads of infantry, killing a whole squad in under 2 secs, whilst playing as an infantry. Tank combat feels different. My reaction times are not great, and it's no fun being 1 or 2 shot by a "pro" player... You need to be able to take at least a few hits to have time to react. And Empires already has a super high skill ceiling...

Polyesta likes this.
  18. Paradox

As you say INSANE level of skill. Why lower that aspect of empires where you get rewarded for being good just to have the noobs not die. If you have a heavy in your face you should be dead. Not alive because devs feel like you should have over 30 seconds to be aware of your mistake.

19. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

@Paradox

I never wanted to lower that element of empires, I just don't want to see it increase. It is very demoralising for any player to be killed over and over again, not just new ones...

As for heavy tanks in faces... Isn't that what already happens?
    At least to me, i get heavies driving up in my face and they kill me.

20. Paradox

Thats not happening at all. If you look at the pug you couldnt just drive up to the opponent or you would lose since the opponent would have the advantage of stationary rotation.

If you have the problem that other heavy tanks are driving in your face and killing you, you were probably out of position or too low on armor to be able to withstand 1v1. Cause otherwise if he drives up to you and you are full armor its a coin flip whos going to win.