How many people are here from the start?

Discussion in 'General' started by Darg, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Darg

Darg Member

I'm just curious to see how many people that started playing around or before empires was released are still here. I can't actually play empires on my satellite link since I moved house which is why I haven't been around for the past month or two but I started playing the day after empires was released and it was the game I played for probably 2 or 3 months.

Even BF2 and Rome:TW got left in their cases for atleast a month. Empires really was one of the best if not the best online game I've ever played and I just wish I could still play it with all the new features. I haven't been able to play since 1.04. I'm hoping that somehow I'll be able to play it again when the media patch is released with the new models and such.

Anyway.. back to the point of this thread.. There were roughly 100 odd people playing in the first few days and I can recognise a few of you here. ^Dee^ of course because of his scottishness and him kicking my ass the first time I played him. Out of those 100 how many are still around here atleast?

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, I wasn't here RIGHT around it's release, but I've been playing since the first public version. And I'm pretty sure ^Dee^ is a she.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I could say I've been with it since it was a BF1942 mod but there weren't many (nobody) playing it back then.

Still, I found the rts/fps thing pretty interesting, I think it may have been before even NS came about so even though I never really got the chance to play it properly, I always remembered it.

I was delighted to hear it was coming to source and although I had my doubts it would be possible (I still have some doubts), I was rather excited about being able to have a proper game of it. Got the source version on it's release day and have been playing on and off ever since :)

Never really kept with the development though. Not surprising considering how rare it was for news to be posted of the mod =P Kinda wish I was more interested in it during development. Would have liked to be a tester but no matter.

ps. Any ETA on when you'll be able to play again? :)

4. Revolver

Revolver Member

Been here since first day of 1.0 for HL:S. Not crazy like Dee here who's followed it since it's BF1942 days. :P

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I have been since V1.0 was released for HL2. I got it the exact hour it was first released. :p

6. tskaze

tskaze Member

I've been following it since the bf1942 version, but i didnt start playing it until the HL version was out. I stopped playing for a few months, but ive been back now for a while.

7. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

I started following this mod last week, seems pretty cool tho... i might try mapping for it sometime

8. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Yeah, iv'e herd it lags a whole lot though, and that the maps smell

9. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Been testing for it since before it came out for BF1942. I didn't join until a couple months into development though.

10. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

I joined around the HL:S release... Loved, well once the optimised the server a bit...

-Sheepe

11. sgman

sgman Member

i dont post much, but i was here about a month before 1.0 came out.

12. ArticBlue

ArticBlue Member

i was here sense the first version, but didnt feel the need to join the forums untill i was sure the game was fun. i just joined the forums yesterday and been here a few hours.

13. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Joined a bit before the first public release.

14. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

i joined the Christmas eve 2005, started mapping the day after christmas, and never finished the map i was working on :P

15. nuke

nuke Member

I was from 1942

16. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Wow, I guess I have been playing since the 1.0 release for Source. Didn't join the forums right away, though.

Aaaand now I feel old. Thanks a lot, Darg.

17. Jn.

Jn. Member

I've been playing from the very first source release too :D It was the first mod I actually kept watch over long before it came out. I joined the forums after the first ones though.

18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

been here since public release on source

19. spoof

spoof Member

I've only been here since 1.00 not the bf42 version. I was waiting on midnight of march third for it to come out.

20. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

ive been here ever sense the day it was on steam update news, 1.01 i beleive.

ah... the days of a ruberbanding heavy tank for everyone.