How cool is THIS shit!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MrBojangl3s, Jul 5, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Holy crap. This is the coolest advancement in robotics I have ever seen. This means we are even closer to fully functional bi-bod walking robots (that don't take an hour to move).

If you think it's not that great, just keep watching. All they need to do is strap a mine-detector on it, and bam, you got a war-bot.

Here's a YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQ4-cv4rhI&mode=related&search=

Hm... maybe we could get that in Empires....

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Oh my god, that has got to be the funkiest robot I have ever seen. EVAR.

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Needs more kicking :)

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

they dont show if it can stand up when it does fall, i kinda doubt it.
    Would make a nice walking warhead :D

"aaaawwww look at that mechanical, its so cute =D"

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I doubt it could get up, but I'm pretty sure they could get it to kind of collapse into a box formation, and then push upwards and start into walking mode. If you thinking about it dizzyone, this is the start of robots that can walk and be in real-world enviroments around people (who might bump into them). That's what I imagined the whole time I saw the vid, not a funny looking bot, but a robot managing a crosswalk carrying food to it's delivery or something. It says in another video's description it can carry heavy loads... maybe we can stap a warhead to hit and make it walk the border into a country we don't like?

"we" meaning anyone, just talking from a neutral, un-biased, universal standpoint...

6. jambo

jambo Member

lol , looks a bit comical at the moment , although it does whatever its suppost to do ( walk around without falling over ) very well
    but it'll be a while before we see something like that in Robot Wars.
    bye the way , i havn't seen that show in ages ! , what channel is it on now ?

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I can't remember, but, like you, I hadn't seen it in a while, then I began to watch it with Digital Cable from Comcast... but I haven't seen it since. Either Sci-Fi or PBA since the public broadcast stations do stuff from BBC, and it's a British show.

8. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

It reminds me of the mannequins from Silent Hill.

Those goddamn legs.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

the japanese are experimenting with this for some time now, they have all kinds of robots, awesome toys and everything.
    The hard part is to get them to balance themselves from every position

also this bot doesnt seem to have a lot of 'muscles' or bones or whatever you want to call them, while japanese already have robots that can walk on 2 legs and have 10x as much parts as this one that they can use to manouvre(sp?), get down stairs, pull them selves up when lying down. I saw a tv show about this, really amazing stuff

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yeah well pal this is BOSTON Engineering, not TOKYO. This is homegrown %100 American know-how! Too bad we don't know enough to annex with Japan to create a super-country that spans the Pacific Ocean!

Japan FTW.

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

When you say mule, do you mean the robotic mule? Because this robot's name is also the "Robotic Mule" as well as a dog. Or do you mean a REAL mule? Cuz' that would still be funny.