How come all the clans are...

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Atx, May 6, 2011.

1. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Hey guess what, the 90's called.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's used as a physical assault threat, not so much as a generic warning.

"check yo self before you wreck yo self, cause shotgun bullets are bad for your health."

2. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

hI, I'm here to do some checking. I've been lurking on my phone all week and only leaving little paradox-esque comments, I'm in Colorado with no PC. So I want to clarify some confusion in regard to MEG that has spaned several posts. Due to using wp7 I will not be quoting every reference.
    first off mad props to devourawr for holding it down here. As a sort of ambassador to the forums he reps and trolls effectively when its needed.
    MEG has never randomly recruited. If we did grantrithor would have already been recruited and we would have died out by now.
    although i was not in MEG from day one, i have done the majority of our recruiting since. I personally have found it unacceptable to field a competitive team that is over or around forty percent ringers, dual planners, and mercenaries. Which was the case of all our opponents in april. So at times I've more aggressively recruited thAn others. I've made some reaches with some players either out of short term or immediate need and others because I saw potential and I wanted to get them before someone else did. I've never as my friend paradox likes to tell me "mass recruited". I think its now clear the contrast between his and my clan building styles. although, MEG isn't mine, i took it upon myself to make it more what I needed it to be.
    someone recently said MEG is a New clan. Well we celebrate our 2 year anniversary June 9th. And we have been scrimming on and off the entire time.
    I would link to the EPIC v MEG that's on YouTube but I be on phone. I am nub there and lawliet is MEG com. Look it up for lulz.
    our membership has varied in quality and quantity over the years because we recognize people have lives. So we don't pressure people to play or kick them for inactivity, I just recruit more people when we need more people. Now we have legacy players returning all of the time. The result is we are the most active, and robust rosters in all of empires.
    which brings me to the social/competitive distinction. I see MEG as a hybrid of the 2. We have 64 people on our steam group. 38 Have tags. I would consider fielding 35 of those guys in a scrim. The others are part of our general MEG universe. They are friends, people who stack with us in pub games, and people who play on our server and want to be down. But the social category is never directly invited to events. They are like our reserves, casual yet trusted players that might play if needed. Definitely not top priority.

3. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

And since we are quoting O'Shea Jackson, I want to dedicate my favorite check yo self verse to all the haters...

Tricks wanna step to Cube and then they get played
    Cause they bitch dey pullin out a switchblade
    That's kinda trifle, cause that's a knife ho,
    AK-47, assault rifle
    Hold the fifty, I'm nifty, pow
    I gotta new style, "WATCH OUT NOW!"
    I hate motherfuckers claimin that they foldin bank
    But steady talkin shit in the holding tank
    First you wanna step to me
    Now your ass screamin for the deputy
    They send you to Charlie-Baker-Denver row
    Now they runnin up in ya slow
    You're gone, used to be the Don Juan (Check that shit out!)
    Now your name is just Twan
    Switch it, snap it, rollin your eyes and neck
    You better run a check

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Hobbes let me just say, james1 and kamikaze goat ...

5. Xyber04

Xyber04 Member

Devo, The reason I am the leader now is because after years of inactivity I wanted to bring @ back. Thats what I'm trying to do. All you do is sit around and throw flack my way and @'s way. Show some respect and maybe some support. Years ago @ was a fine clan. Played every day 15-20 members on every day at every hour from all over the world. The fact that you didn't play when we were around makes you a noob. So your thoughts an comments are now invalid.

Also alot of those people play other games and are part of other communities now. They throw they're tags up when they play Emp. The ones that have not been online for a while, we do not want to remove them because they were great and dedicated members.

Whats your problem? Tell me. Is it honestly so bad to you for an inactive vet to come back and try to resurrect a clan??? What are you trying to accomplish by trolling @ and acting like you are above any one? Your actually quite bad when I play with you.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Let do this! Lets crush MEG, OC, Consortium, EPIC and JPL. I am ready to put all of there clan members heads on a pike in my backyard, next to the chia pet, and BBQ pit, you get the point.

We should of went for MEG first, like my commander victory over them before in RAGE I need more glory.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I thought VEX was in charge now? I hope so, he's capable of using grammar, punctuation and proper spelling.

8. Xyber04

Xyber04 Member

We are both in charge. I was just the one who lit the fire to get @ back up again. I'm so sorry for having bad grammers.

9. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Xyber, don't let them get to you. I guarantee that you will get trolled, insulted and flamed, especially during the first few weeks of the @ clans "revival" that's just how the community is. Don't take anything they say seriously and try to gain their respect in-game and you will be fine.

10. Xyber04

Xyber04 Member

Oh I know. But its still worth a try.

11. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

i agree. Like I acknowledged, I made some reaches. I invite neither to events. I've asked squish to kick both after my full roster review. When you try to make a legitimate clan sometimes you miss. I know you wouldn't understand.

12. @@@@VEX@@@@@

@@@@VEX@@@@@ Member

Wow this has been a fun fill flame fourm! Yes we have been around for a very long time in this Empires community. We started as a "community" "group" "clan" of people who enjoyed having fun and working as a team. We did many different tasks like fireball said, to break everyone's previous knowledge and strategies of the game. We loved to com rush and take out entire teams and end the game within minutes.

We did however scrim and have a competitive side, mostly not noticed because it was when servers such as "steam friends" and BSID and JPL, CW were the most thriving

Most of our members have been playing on and off but to be honest having a community that is all over the world is very hard to start up again. Every member is pretty much located in a different time zone.

@@@@ Started just for fun and then progressed further to even having our own server. But in all good fairy tales people grow up and get older, life interferes and things start to get that much harder to continue at full strength.

13. Zeke

Zeke Banned

fixed.

also, apc rushing past a enemy defense or whack pubbers isnt "to break everyone's previous knowledge and strategies of the game"
    games ending within minutes was horribly common in the past.
    :pathetic:

i remember you guys.
    you rushed with apcs quite frequently like everyone else and also jeep lulz'd quite often.

i have 0 memory of you guys scrimming though.
    how many times did ya do it? (pugs dont count)

anyhow, i'm happy that more people are interested in the competitive side of empires.
    I hope we will have some fun on saturday :)
    Hopefully enough peeps can gather up for it.

(note: if you guys suggest a map like money, slaughtered or district i will find your house and rape you)

14. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

first off, I think we can all agree OC deserves no respect and is not a legitimate empires clan. Second, LE you might not be aware if this, but during our scrim I took the NF com rolled by you as BE com, got on top of your rax on duststorm and typed "nubs" in all chat while on top. So to quote pulp fiction, lets not start sucking each others dicks yet. Field a team that's 90% or more of the clan you are in and see what happens.

15. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

lol Hobbes is not pleased

16. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

lol. That maybe seems angrier than I am. Really it was a good match. I was just trying to lend some perspective. I do want to scrim @ wheneveryou ate ready. And maybe in the future i will pull a paradox and refuse to scrim a team that has too many non members in it. Its frustrating to me that i actively recruit, develop and analyze my roster, so i have numbers, then I'm accused of "mass recruiting" or "random recruiting". Meanwhile my opponents dont recruit and develop up and coming players like I do, they just grab whatever vets are online. Then say they have to because they dont have enough players. I appreciate and respect fn and roor asking their guys to choose clans. It got to the point in April where our matches shouldn't have been called scrims but MEG vs random motherfuckers PUG.

17. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

Sorry for typos phone won't open edit link

18. Deiform

Deiform Member

Back on topic, I think clan members are elitist because there's a friendly rivalry between them and other clans, and there's the fact that most public players suck terribly.

Generally this wouldn't matter if both teams have an equal amount of retards, but some retards you can kinda control and make them go in the direction you want, but some just don't do anything. When that happens most clan members feel the rage.

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

all clans except meg are gay

20. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

and we can improve in this area as well. We need to be more gay.