hobbes is the best commander

Discussion in 'General' started by complete_, Dec 9, 2014.

?

Promote hobbes to supreme overlord

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Yes (& also ban him)

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. complete_

complete_ lamer

use reddit to post screenshots/videos and how hobbes is a fucking idiot

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hobbes won the dustorm game and he wasn't even at his computer half the time. That aint idiot.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Not sure if intentional, but I think Hobbes is just displaying how shitty people are, at defending CV.

It's also why CV-tactics tend to have a pretty high success rate, people just don't care their own CV enough.

I enjoyed playing with Hobbes because I could save his ass almost every time.

Hobbes would be my top3 comm if I want to form a scrim team, not only because he's a good comm, but also because he's a bad player. :cool:

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Indeed, he is pretty top comm that you can currently have in this playerbase.
    The only downside is, that he really freaking loves losing the cv ( or loves trying to lose it xD ).

Its just ridiculous how much he tries to get stuck when you keep trying to turret him xD

Iam pretty sure he would keep winning even if he didnt boomtank at all.
    But since you dont always have a good team, his boomtanking takes the care about this disadvantage.

He is just giving a little bit too many opportunities to get him stuck.
    Instead of JUST boomtanking.

Seriously, if its him and me alone he is gonna keep baiting me until I really get him stuck 80% of the time. ( 20% he will give up on me eventually xD )
    xD

But I still think he creates some fun games....until he gets stuck xD
    Its just sometimes nice to have a hobbes break from the usual empires. xD

We dont have that many interesting characters left here.

Rename to hobbes thread please. xD

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Exactly, hobbes is an excellent measurement of how aware a team is of their commander, and is a really good exercise in saving your comm since the entire game is him trying to unsave himself.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Please do not write excuses for hobbes, there were games that were completely thrown that he would have won if he just didn't do something stupid.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Likewise games that he would've lost had he not been Hobbes.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

this forum is stupid
    name me games where they would have lost if the commander had been me or freak, or any other normal com

9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

The ones where you and Freak and any other normal comm wasn't there to step-up to the plate or didn't want to, meaning the choice was between Hobbes and no one.

That's my position on Hobbes. If other people regularly opted in, then you could argue that Hobbes boomtanking is a detriment to the team because he's preventing alternative commanders who would win more often, but those alternative commanders aren't there, so there's no real standing to tell him he can't comm when there's no one else. A boomtanking Hobbes is going to be better than no commander in almost every case.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

hobbes is exploiting peoples greed, as soon as the cv appears everyone loses their minds and is like "omg i must kill the cv ignore everything else".
    a rather stong cv makes it much easier.

its a horrible mechanic that should be counteracted, but what does it matter to say all this noone gives a shit anyway.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

What about if the cv was given a shitty forward firing only std mg? Then at least boomtanking is somewhat viable.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Have you wonder why they were winning even though they couldn't even protect their own CV?

Let's consider an exaggerated case, if you have 10 heavy tanks at the front line, and the drivers actually care about their CV, do you think it's possible for Hobbes to lose the CV?
    I think not.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

more people would volunteer if hobbes didnt hog the seat. we'd have more commanders.

no security, in that case it would not. but if they have mediums and its a chokepoint map and hobbes is next to their spawn barracks trying to sab it as a scout, then yes it is possible for hobbes to lose the cv

14. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ive seen hobbes throw games like that

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Hobbes is cool. You just have to stop fighting the style and work with it.
    All you really need is an APC driver (who doesn't leave everyone behind) and 2 or 3 grens and its actually fun and pretty effective

There is something magical about winning when hobbes commands, the sheer barefaced cheek of driving your win condition in circles around the enemy barracks whilst they lose all their map control, res and tickets something to be cherished.

Vote Hobbes for student body president.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I hope youre fucking joking. You can get one such one win for maybe 10 other losses of either kind. Every time hobbes looses the cv is basically a grief. 9 mining your cv or driving it into water, but if your hobbes, your magically immune to critisism and bans, even though what he does is basically the same.
    Also forcing like 4 guys on your team to babysit the com 24/7 is horrendous preposition.

--------------

As for others joining in the vote, what complete said, because of spot hoggin we really dont have newbs that know how to and even when we get someone else in the vote, its a dice roll who gets the seat, even if hobbes ended two of the last games dead in the enemy main, even though you were winning.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Guys, I have a plan.

Ban hobbes.

And then just don't come crying over here that newbie/no comms are ruining your fucking experience

18. Empty

Empty Member

The same is also true for the guy who spent the entire game looking at a wall but build that ML turret 2 minutes into the game which stopped a jeep from getting into the base.

EDIT: I've commanded a few times recently and people are just abysmal at paying attention. Maybe 20% of my team actually listens to orders and the only reason I stay in the CV is to keep research going.

19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Look, its vicki's server.

It's her decision on what to with hobbes, complaining about here will not do anything other than raise post counts.

I am voting against banning him because he does know what he is doing, he just can't pay attention to where he is driving.
    He has agreed with vicki in the past to not boomtank because the of the new player influx and she said he kept his bargain.
    Time passed on and he started again when the player count gained sentient.

Air your grievances with her, I won't defend his actions but I also won't agree to banning him.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  20. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Wait, we're voting?

Mmmmm, ok now we are voting.