Hey i need a clan

Discussion in 'Clans' started by sebbycool123, Apr 18, 2011.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Paradox why don't you ever get us nice things like forums, and servers and more RAGE members.

Yea we should a lot of the non clan vets.
    rightwing extremist(great tank driver)
    spike(since EXE is gone me thinks)
    Psiko
    alucard(LOL but he is good......well he is a vet......yea)
    is Big D craig in a clan?
    Kirby
    AZK(huh......huh!?)

There are other people who are good but can't think of there names atm. Also some really good new European players

Not to mention a lot of vet players coming back who are not in clans.

2. sebbycool123

sebbycool123 Member

ok i got a forum my clans going great i got ppl on it and ppl bieng active on my forum i play this game loads and i also am getting a server soon so shush i can do what i kinda want

3. sebbycool123

sebbycool123 Member

FN my clan isnt a hardcore hate my clan helps noobs who just joined the game and become better and then to join your servers and be able to be good enuf to join you

4. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

yes!!! him. he would be perfect for RAGE. he will bring RAGE extra credibility. he will be the element to push RAGE over the top. a power house for sure. it would be like if paul McCartney and elton john and joined forces with the bee gee's during the heighth of all their powers!!!

5. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

i got it

6. sebbycool123

sebbycool123 Member

stop randomly posting shit here lol

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I hope you do realise I decided to get rid of the [PET] tag. Now it'll be either proper EPIC or none at all.

And I completely agree with FN and Paradox on the matter of making a clan.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

whats wrong with founding a clan?
    do it, dont listen to them ...

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm actually going to disagree with you Flasche. Founding a clan is an important responsibility, and founding a clan that fails drives those players away from the game.

Whether or not you want to make a "training" clan (which has never worked yet) or a proper clan to scrim others, the core base of players has to have skill, and that includes yourself. They need experience, and I'd say 3 months minimum, assuming 40 hours of Empires a week. Things like a website, TS3 and above all, server, are entirely irrelevant to your clan. Setting up a server is a huge mistake if you're new, and doing this has killed many-a-clan. EPIC went over 2 years without a server, and we've got over 100 wins to our name, and less losses than you can count on one hand. We have a membership of over 40, and whilst this is much lower now, this time last year, we had a minimum of 30 out of those active at any one time. We're lower now because many of the clan aren't enjoying Empires as much as they did before, or have RL stuff. But we did all that without a server, and we barely even have one now. Overall, we're approaching 3 years of being in Empires.

If you want to found a clan, go ahead, But know the necessities for it to succeed:

1) You have to be active. You need to put a minimum of 40 hours in a week and be active on steam to get your numbers up, and get your players playing. It's that simple.

2) You have to be good. This might sound stupid, but it's important. If you're a skillful clan, getting beaten after a hard match sucks, but you get over it. But getting smashed time after time is (so I hear, I wouldn't know) utterly demoralising, and has killed numerous clans. There's no point forming a clan with a bunch of new players if you intend to scrim. If you don't intend to scrim, then you're not a clan, you're a community, and that's a different kettle of fish.

3) Your main form of communication should be ingame itself. If you need forums, teamspeak and steam to prop you up then you're not as active as you need to be during the crucial stages of starting your clan - recruitment.

There's a fuck load more stuff but these are the basics. If you disagree, go ahead, and I'm sure we'll have all forgotten about you this time in a month when you've disappeared along with all your members. If you're capable of taking advice, then I look forward to seeing your clan ingame.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I am not that sebby, hobbes is trolling gain...

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Spike went to ye olde meg after delete stopped like totally logging on, except he logged in today that's pretty cool maybe hes gonna play again.

but I agree on all the other choices, even alucard, hes shown that he is decent at some commanding.

12. Paradox

Let's not discuss this here. Thanks. I'll make a topic for it in our page.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

14. communism

communism poof

such an obvious troll too, emp forums suck

15. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yeah they suck harder every day

16. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

See that? That's a tear. Rolling down my face.

Actually, I'm halfway through selling my soul to MEG. So maybe you had super foresight and just decided that I should be excluded from the list.

17. Paradox

I'll buy your soul.

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Too late.

19. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I'll fry your sole