Hate to be "That guy" but..

Discussion in 'General' started by 101010, Aug 25, 2015.

1. 101010

101010 Member

So what's going on with Empires development ?

I have heard one of the people who does scripts say that there is new scripts ready but they just are not being pushed out.

I don't want to come across as being ungrateful for time people put in. It just seems like it has been a long time since we have had any updates or even news of updates to come.

It seems a little odd with how good population has been lately that Empires wouldn't try to keep things hot by pushing out some updates. Even if it is some minor script changes.

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I agree since catface became dev there's been nothing done in way of updates. Is he still a dev? Do we have any devs? besides spike doing scripts?

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I recall during the last pug Spike saying something about how scripts were ongoing or something to that effect.

Answering for him because it's unlikely he'll ever notice this thread exists.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I had a recent script test with spike the other day, all the changes dealt with infantry weapons though he did mention about wanting to do something with vehicles at some point too.

He wants to do more testing but is having trouble getting a listen server going.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I know Spike said there's currently an issue with the push server or something so he's not able to commit new stuff. We haven't had chance to check whether that's an issue at Spike's end or the server's end. Just haven't managed to make contact with the relevant people.

6. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Not to mention there is no empires auto build for now.

7. 101010

101010 Member

Since we have the news window pop up when you start Empires.
    Couldn't we just dropbox script updates until it got sorted out ? With a link listed on the news window.

@CyberKiller
    Why no auto build ?

I hear peoples saying that noting is being done.
    Then I see fragments of things that make me think that there is something big being worked on.
    But that confuses me even more as even the developer repository on steam hasn't had any activity since June 29th.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You will never get people to update Empires manually.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Now. You mean now, right? :)

11. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Once upon a time people used to be willing to download updates. Though it wouldn't really work well for weekly updates, it'd have to be something like once a month.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Ever. You can get a bunch of old timers and more savvy chaps to do it sure, but that is just a fraction of the mod's population. The rest would be left in the dark and presume Empires broken.

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I meant, you mean now because of course people used to do it. A lot of people. Because we weren't always on steam, yo! :p

14. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

In all seriousness does any one actully know who 101010's is ? or his in game name ? i see him talk alot of shit on the forums but no idea who he is or if hes even important.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

No I'm dead serious. A dedicated group would Update but an even bigger group would not. Steam's convenience gets us a lot of players.

16. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I think he is "catface". But I can't prove that and hate name changing cunts just like anybody else. :pathetic:

Who was Scar again? :s ^^

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's okay to facepalm now, right? Right?

I say now because we're all pretty lazy now and the face of gaming has pretty much changed forever. We all expect our updates to be automated, but back in the day - and yes, I'm talking Empires day, we had maybe as much as 5x the amount of people we have now, downloading a file manually.

It really was just a simple joke. Not sure why I need to explain it for three posts of off topic.

18. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Long live the king.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

...and I should have added that our dedicated playerbase has diminished greatly and we really shouldn't limit ourselves by adding a hoop to be jumped for the more casual players

101010 is 42 but I don't know what their current ingame nickname is or if they even play actively anymore. I myself am out of the loop. And Catface is :3 aka that JFR guy who got shit on for being too close to some recent drama. Two totally different people, so let's not go around calling them cunts, we're not very British around here anymore.

20. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

For a bit I thought 42 was YOLO in game but honestly I have no idea.