Hardcode Bans

Discussion in 'General' started by Bobbus, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Bobbus

Bobbus Member

It's getting ridiculous now. Yes, people like CHOPPER deserve hardcode bans. However, stop threatening to hardcode ban people over every little thing.
    Someone hops into your CV and drives it around base a couple of times while you build something? HARDCODE BAN
    Commander researches compo/gt when you wanted regen/bio? HARDCODE BAN
    Some guy disagrees with you on a particular point? HARDCODE BAN

I'm sure you're all good friends with Krenzo and such but really now, hardcode bans shouldn't be taken so lightly.

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

Fact is that i've seen insanely bad behavior on empires servers since the release, much more than in any game i've ever played, and in empires it's easy for a few idiots to ruin the game for everyone. I don't mind drastic measures, at least not untill most people in the servers try to behave.

I've disconnected much more because some people were being racist or offensive, than for any other reason. I loved playing together with the empires testers, but i'm sad to know what a bunch of idiots have come to play this great mod.

Now i haven't played on all servers so i can't be sure, but i don't think i've seen people ban others for reasons other than cv suiciding, being racist/offensive, or not willing to stop exploiting after being warned.

Concerning hardcode bans ... i don't think so many people will get hardcode banned, or am i wrong?

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm pretty sure whoever was doing that was just joking. Only Krenzo can decide who gets a hardcoded ban, and he needs proof.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

there is no way you will get bans for those actions.

any whoever was "joking around" was doing so entirely inappropriately and is only griefing themselves.

5. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

The only hardcode bans I can think of were for those [CHOPPER] morons and possibly that Psyl0cibe guy. Whos going around and threatening to get hardcode bans? AFAIK hardcode bans are only given to the worst of griefers that clearly have no intention of playing the game, not the occasional comm suicider

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

Don't forget General l33t. :rolleyes:

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Well we had 4 games in a row last night ruined by someone who kept placing walls in front of VF's and bridges making sure that our team would loose. If I ever find out who it was im gana pull their fingernails out.

In glycen we actually took to using 9 mines to getting our tanks and apcs over the Fing wall!

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

hmm wierd.. krenzo added an invisable front to the VF so you cant build walls right in front of the VF but it makes sense that you couldnt get around it on that narrow road on glycen... I say take walls off gylcen.. actually I have been saying that haha but heres another reason why

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

You are correct.. so what he did was place walls after the no wall barrier and surround the front of the vehicle ramps. The front of the VF soon filled up with tanks and people who were pissed.

Im really rooting for that idea about placing your name on the wall when you build a player wall so we know what ass did it.

10. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

what was CHOPPER doing thsat was so bad? They cant even 9Mine the CV correctly without killing themselves.

11. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

what does your death matter if the round is over?

12. thaile

thaile Member

They were basically griefing for a couple of hours and ruining the game play for other people during that time. While normally that might just get a perm ban from a server, they then made a movie and bragged about it.

What this shows is that they have no intention of playing empires the way it's suppose to be played, and probobly continue to grief and ruin that game for others who what to play, thus no empire for them.

13. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

But it was funny! Its hilarious watching them fail to grief so very hard.

14. REX

REX Member

No the few times I met them they were very good at washing the CV.

If I had the power I would ban them from every game that exist on earth and all new games that are going to be released.

15. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

...so THAT is why the voteban is disabled! Those BASTARDS! Those BASTARDS! THEY SHALL BURN IN HELL WITH ALL OF JEKOTIA!

16. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I think I have only seen one person suggest a hardcoded ban for something

17. Great Grizzly

Great Grizzly Member

I hated those fuckers. I fought them tooth and nail, and they even put me in the credits for being so serious.

Hmm, theres my 15 minutes of fame.

18. Slamz

Slamz Member

They were strangely dedicated to it. I could never understand why someone would bother griefing such a small community in such an obscure mod. Being famous for griefing in Empires is like winning the award for Biggest Idiot in Podunk, MN, population 128. Not only is it a crappy award, but it's an award in a community that most people have never even heard of.

19. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Strongly reminds me of g00ns.net.

Maybe those guys could be somehow related?

20. Kuromatsu

Kuromatsu Member

Isn't this rather Draconian to begin with?

Is it at least toggleable for server admins who, for whatever reason want to let those people play?

I think from an ethical standpoint this is really just overstepping boundries. It's up to Server admins to install global banlists and things like that.