Happy 4th of July USA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mcthugg, Jul 3, 2011.

1. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

To celebrate the 4th of July I played on Battlegrounds 2 and raped the Brits, then I left because some retard on my team was trying to form lines on skirmish maps.

3. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Congratulation on a history pretty much without a single day of peace.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I require a thread for every national day / independence day / whatever day for every country (where Emp has players) because of this thread.

5. Apex

Apex Member

I saw this topic and frantically checked my phone thinking I fell into some 24 hour coma.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i wish the states that they find back to the ideas that formed their country. may your fascism end soon ...

7. communism

communism poof

:( we can only hope

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

this is the day that celebrates will smith fighting off the aliens with a virus made by that smart guy from jurassic park right? (the one with the glasses/cool knowitall attitude)

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

welcome ta urf

10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

the ideas that formed their country?

Pff, throw out the propaganda and fairy tales.

ya mean the original imperialistic colonization and bloodbath?
    or do you mean the later part where the aristocrats made the plan to break off from the british rule becouse britain wanted some financial responsibility from them?

Ya know... looking at history both those parts are highly active in the US.

War and Greed.

There is PLENTY of it already.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

politics? more like policliques lololol.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the united states my friend are the first modern democracy, never forget that. as much as i dislike the US for their egomania.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  13. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Yes, the founders were the first to have a similar version of the modern democracy.

And just becouse they wrote about equality, it doesnt mean its truth.
    They had a fuck ton of slaves and women weren't allowed to vote at all.
    oh and ofc, if you are not a citizen then your life (including equality and all that) meant nothing.

What we have today is not something the US had upon being founded.
    We got parts of it like voting and elected people and "the right to do a revolution and/or remove the goverment but in pretty words" (as if revolution against bad goverment was "impossible" in the past...)
    It's not really new shit, its just written down in a document.
    Hell, even the ancient greeks had voting and elected people.
    The equality part is bullshit and only applies to part of the population... so if equality for all isnt necassairy, then similar things have excisted for AGES.

There was no equality nor vote for all.

Check the 13th, 15th and 19th amendment and compare the dates to the rest of the world.

14. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Well that was a big leap in the 18th century. Though some of the founders would have wanted to do away with slavery, they needed to compromise (such a naughty word in US politics). Luckily, they left a pretty good foundation that allows for those changes you mention to happen over time.

Also, keep in mind that a 100 years from now, people will be mocking us for not allowing people to marry rocks, not providing 100% fully furnished mansions to everyone, and eating food through your mouth. It is convenient to criticize them with +200 years of hindsight and a different perspective in life.

I agree that there is many things we are forfeiting for a false sense of security, it is nothing compare to the shit that Europeans are dealing with (e.g. France believes freedom of/from religion means secularizing every aspect of life). My country is starting to learn from the past mistakes of the last dozen years (e.g. even many US Republicans are abandoning "world police" neoconservative policies). The large amount of controversy with the full-body scanners and TSA pat downs are also making us rethink how we should protect ourselves without infringing one's rights.

15. Zeke

Zeke Banned

iceland abolished slavery in 1117. -.-

No they will be mocking you for demanding a specific religious ritual created by some people to worship a overwordly entity to be altered into something new that the creators of the ceremony did not intend, yet maintain the same name of the ritual.
    Partnership, marriage, etc... its just a ceremony stating that 2 individuals are togheter.
    It has happend for a tremendously long time and before todays main religions excisted.
    it's just new names (and in some cases new dieties).

People are already mocking the US regarding their demands for massive houses and cars...
    It CAN be good to have, but it's not a necessity.

It will probably take a bit longer untill humans are connected to nutrition devices... but i doubt it will be "mocked" since we lack convenient ways to do other ways atm.

It's almost like you are implying that people werent critizing they way things were back then.
    The world didnt change at the same pase in all aspects at the same time around the world.

But yes... the US is changing... slowly.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Thats Jeff Goldblum, a king amongst men. And according to the Google, he's watching you poop.

17. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Still a big leap in the 18th century.

Exactly, it is "almost like implying", but not implying at all :p

Your last sentence makes my point.

18. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I mean back in their days.
    AT THE TIME people were critizing how things were and the progress in certain aspects were VERY diffrent depending on where in the world you lived.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Not really a leap since the 18th century was a time of reform and radical thinking around the world, not just the States, and slavery wasn't actually abolished in the whole country until the mid 19th century.

20. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

That's my point... (same reply to grant)