Hammer Raped itself and I want to make a map.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Free-Dude, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Free-Dude

Free-Dude Member

I was just wondering if someone could e-mail me a VMF with:

- A refinery belonging to each team
    - 5 additional resource points (or just one... but put 5 because I'm too lazy to multiply them with copy-paste)
    - The red and blue's usual command vehicle and barracks
    - A spawn point for each side
    - 400=400 tickets
    - engineering limits at-> 2 turrets, 2 wall, 1 surveilence

Nothing else is needed, and I already have a plan for a map fitting for... about 30-35 players and 3-5 vehicles on each side.
    It's a map that resembles that big piece of parkland in GRAW.
    Pictures will come once I have something good looking. (I'll put a slideshow of my map in my sig as well... the same size as my owning PO-TA-TOES gif)
    I'll keep the map server friendly, however... you may want a large amount of V-Ram... and I'll compile it with HDR at the highest quality hammer allows.

I'm a good mapper, but I don't have alot of time so it'll only be better then some of the maps out there for Empires. :p

When and if someone has a VMF with what I need, PM me with a pic of the little in it and I'll PM you my e-mail. TO ANY ADMIN: Since you already have my e-mail adress. If you have what I need, please send the VMF straight to me, I trust you... (name the email's topic "Empires VMF" just incase it gets sent to spam)

P.S. I'm putting a stupid/funny easter egg somewhere on the release.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok first off, he's not saying POTATOES, he's saying MO' NAKED HOES! Just look!

Second, I believe somewhere someone (maybe Krenz) said HDR doesn't work with Empires, and you shouldn't try to make it work. Be sure to read the Wiki (http://empiresmod.info/index.php/Main_Page) and consult more sources, like a few Source mapping tutorials off of Google.

Third, WTF is with your topic title. Is something wrong with your Hammer?

3. Free-Dude

Free-Dude Member

Whenever I click "new" Hammer crashes... no clue why... I also don't want to install Empires on my computer which has Hammer working... because I filled it's 500Gb HD and I'm not willing to delete anything off of it.
    I already know how to do somewhat complex mapping, ie. scriped sequences, complex lifts, remote control toy cars, team sorting buffer spawns.(guarnteed to screw up on a listen, or just plain shitty server)
    And if you can lip read(you proved you can't) it's oviously PO-TA-TOES.

A VMF anyone? As for HDR, It works for me when the map has it available, but since you said not to, I'll simply save myself the 2 minutes of extra compile time.

I'm good at making my maps exploit proof... by putting kill triggers inside the walls and underground. :D

4. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

turn on the beta sdk

put -clientbeta beta_sdk at the end of the target line of your steam shortcut. it hasnt updated in a while, so it works

5. Free-Dude

Free-Dude Member

haha! that works!

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Just letting you know, duh, I've seen LOTR and I know what he's saying, but I think it's 5X funnier if he says "MO' NAKED HOES!"