Haha

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Thor, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Member

Recieved this from haschtewas on Stormed.de, which me and my clan found quite hilarious...

Hi

I'm from a fellow EMP server hosting clan, [On|E]
    Our website is at www.online-evolution.org

At the moment, we have banned the entire =[BSID]= clan from our server for in-server recruiting.

According to some of the other members within our community, there is talk that due to the ban upon them from OUR servers they have actually had the tenacity to migrate into your servers for more recruitment purposes.

Personally, I don't know what you guys will do nor if you care much about this.
    I'm just messaging you, (hopefully the right person to talk to) about the current events with BSID. I know that these people believe they own all the Empires servers because they are the first "official clan." Their tactics are also condoned by Empires Developers. Personally, I believe they have a sense of omnipotence from it.

If you need their steamids, we have just about all of them within our ban list and we will be more than happy to forward them to you.

http://www.online-evolution.org/index.php?...=30&topic=685.0
    If you follow into that link, that is a post by one of the BSID clan members questioning why his entire clan was banned.
    If you scroll further downward, you will see a condump out of a game with one of our Head Admins warning the user countless times to stop recruiting within our servers.

------

First, LOL.

Second, we were banned without warning, and don't exactly openly ask for recruits.

Third, theres no rules listed on your server, or forum, that states we cannot do so.

Fourth, I guess your banned on our new servers for now, since what goes around, comes around, not that One will care though, but it's practically all emp_recruits, and we don't want recruits ruining the gameplay experience. If you want to play noobs all the time and get worse, go for it, you can do that while we are on our server getting better. In fact, ban all the clans, that'd be even better. You don't want enemy clans in your territory, haha.

All in all, I pity you guys now, and the fact that I'm an admin on the STORMED server, and the leader of BSID makes me pity you even more.

CPT Thor

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I don't get it.

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Don't know if I got banned because I dont play on their server anymore but there is no such thing as tactics on the On|e server. Their server settings are ridiculous (sp?)

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol @ every On|e member for crying right now.
    Why are they crying? Because now not even the recruits will play on their server. Who honestly plays on their server now that we have Stormed 1, 2, the BSID server, the OFFICIAL, and Fb's!
    (Not to mention all the other good servers contributed by loyal Empires fans :D )

5. Darg

Darg Member

Ooo... the cloak and dagger of politics rears its ugly yet entertaining head in the world of Empires. We can now say that Empires is a true online game.

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

More LOL

Quoted for truth. Nothing about advertising, seeing as how ADVERTISING ON OTHER SERVERS IS BASICALLY ANY CLAN'S MAIN FORM OF ADVERTISEMENT WITHOUT RESORTING TO FORUM SPAMMAGE.

For more truthage, and in case they edit their page and say I faked mine: a screenie!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

It's pretty simple. He's trying to make ON|E look bad by bringing this issue up where everybody can see it. It's petty clan warfare on both sides.

8. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Same Q.

I don't think we really care what clans do. Also, I think this is something between one and bsid and should stay on their appropiate forums. This thread is flamebait.

9. Darg

Darg Member

*watches the dragons crowd around*

10. Goose

Goose Member

I'll bring the marshmellos

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

But read! We are evil megalomaniacs, bent on UTTER AND COMPLETE CONTROL OF EMPIRES! D:

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

TBH, if they wanna bad us, fine, I can understand their logic. it's a shame, but it's their server and I don't think we can tell em how to run it :(

the only logic being that we're going on there to recruit people.

but what's wrong with that? you can also recruit people. let the PLAYERS make up their own minds, not you for them.

and if you want to disrespect us in any way, then bring it to a clan match.

13. Vlade

Vlade Member

Gee i thought this was the clan area for the empires mod forum!
    Dunno why i came to that conclusion this arean being called 'Clans' n
    all :P

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

finally a stack free server

15. katana9000

katana9000 Member

It's a shame really. I do often play on OnE's server due to the fact that it gives me the best ping. I've been wondering why I havn't seen anybody from BSID playing on there. I can't see why recruiting on their server would be a problem, unless someone was literally spamming it every ten seconds. The main problem for me here is that now I have more free time and wanted to re-apply for BSID. But if I do I'll lose my best ping server. :(

16. Simon

Simon Banned

I think that's pretty insane they are trying to get us banned from stormed. Because we supposedly recruited on the ONE server we should be banned from stormed? They aren't even a competative clan for empires so why should they care. And who the hell are they to say the empires devs condone us? What the hell does that mean? Did krenzo come tell us to recruit on their server? I must have missed that one. Kr not. We don't act like we own servers. Just like most good players we do tend to be somewhat bossy but so are 90% of the better players.

Couldn't they have posted something on our forum before then banned us all? I never even tried to recruit there. And clearly beerdude just missed what was being typed.

I don't really care about not being able to play there but it's sort of lame. Sure it's fun with the res for a bit but it gets boring after a while. And Dizzy nailed it right on.

Once we fix the issue with our server crashing we are looking into getting some merc games going maybe. IE We'll make up some teams on the forums and lock the server for a while and we can play and have some better more competative games.

It's not like people don't stack when were not around. The fairest games I've played is when BSID is in server and we don't stack. Other than that games are stacked anyway. People just tend to whimp out. Earlier today we were up against a team and we took out their main base but they had all the refs and a base outside of our base. It was still anyones game as they had a few good players but instead of spawning at their forward base they all abandoned Opie(who had done a great job) and went spec when we killed their barracks.

My 2 cents.

17. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

If you check the guidelines there's an insert about not mouthing off other clans. And that's exactly whats happening.

There also won't be any real accomplishments besides making both parties look silly. It's a private matter that's to be resolved through private communication and not a 3rd party forum that has no interest in the beef whatsoever.

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

BSID banned from ON|E fun server! OMG how could that happen?! Why do you care at all? EOT if you have anything more to say use PMs between Clan leaders.

19. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

What your friend meant by the devs condoning your actions is; They put up, or 'overlook' your team stacking and whatever else it is that you people may do that is considered questionable or unfair. Which I hope is absolute bullshit.

And for the people wimping out, nobody likes to be on the losing side. Unless they implement some "No 'F4ing'" script that forces people to stick to thier team, there will always be those who switch or spec.

Anyway, in your defence I wouldn't call spamming messages about your website recruiting. More like advertising..too bad advertisements are annoying :p

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If you're in a clan you're going to want to play on the same team. That's how I did it back in the days of Quake when I was in a clan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.