Grenade Launcher Expansion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by W0RK3R, Mar 9, 2015.

1. W0RK3R

W0RK3R Member

Okay, it's about time. The time to post some suggestions.

The first thing that drags my attention is lack of classy and definite Grenade Launchers. As of now it's the most lacking category of vehicle weapons, containing Grenade Laucher... and Improved Grenade Launcher. Artillery Cannons nervously smoking aside.

So, what's the first thing i'm thinking of is Multi Grenade Launchers research. Yeah, pretty much the same as Multi Rockets. Can be researched in Adv. Semiconductor Research category, and when you complete Multi Grenade Launchers research, you will be able to mount Double(D/GL) or Triple(T/GL) Grenade Launchers, which take 2 slots and 3 slots respectively.

The next thing to expand Grenade Launcher category is Cassette Bomb Lauchers. yes you heard it right! Researching Cassette Bombs in Advanced Machining category grants your APCs access to 3-slot Cassette Bomb Launcher(Labeled in driver's weapon panel as CB)!
    I'm pretty sure this thing will further differentiate Grenade Launchers from other vehicle weapon types.
    The Principes of Cassette Bomb Mechanism Working is that after the initial explosion(which is weaker than that of full jacket grenade), 6 smaller, let's say, grenadelets called Cassettes are released, with the same fuse(and the same explosion strength).

Now what's left is to develop similar thing as Auto Cannon, but for Grenade Launchers. We call that Rapid-Fire Lobber, labeled in weapon panel as Mk2 Auto GL.
    Researched through Improved Flagration Components category as Rapid-Fire Lobber. The Principes of Working is simple: It's the 1-slot Grenade Launcher firing up to 8 grenades at 0.30 ROF, but is slighty heavier and more costly.

After that, you may add Plasma Grenade Launcher(Plasma GL) and Bio Grenade Launcher(Bio GL).

Now I think it's time to look at research times for our newfolded Grenade Launchers:
    Multi Grenade Launchers - 90 seconds.
    Cassette Bombs - 90 seconds.
    Rapid-Fire Lobber - 60 seconds.
    Plasma Grenade Projectile - 60 seconds.
    Biological Packets - 90 seconds.

Stay tuned for a Land Battlecruiser, a mobile Heavy Tank counterpart specialized at Grenade Launchers and Machineguns! :thumbs up:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Mmm, one thing we learned a couple of years ago is how absurd strong grenade launchers can be with UGL. Apc's are super cheap, spawn endless amounts of infantry, can be very fast, and you have them from the start. When you combine them with a grenade launcher that hurts not only buildings but infantry too you have something that is really hard to fight against. I do think adding a couple of gls wouldn't go amiss though, gls aren't used very often as is.

All that said, I like the cassette idea and want that for missile launchers too, would make for a fun arty cannon too. Bio gl wouldn't be awful if done right, but it's still something people don't quite like fighting against. Plasma is still a shitty mechanic and I'm not entirely sure about it being is something that doesn't detonate when you want it to, but it would be neat if it fired something more akin to the sticky stun bomb but had a long reload between shots, and did no damage or very little.

Not saying it would actually overheat something, but it would be cool if we can change the htt or rather add an extra variable to instead be a percentage of their max heat. So if it was set to 75% regardless of how little heat they had they would suddenly have their heat set to 75% with the caveat that you couldn't make it go past 75%, it would effectively do nothing if their heat was high. Point is it would be a defensive weapon to make them not be able to fire at you but would still be able to chase you. I ask for that change simply because I'm worried of everyone chasing the commander. I know this sounds somewhat complicated, but it really isn't that bad honestly.

Rapid firer wouldn't be bad actually if you kept the amount of damage it does something similar or a tad less than ugl. I'm indifferent about multi gl, I feel like you could just allow for multiple gls and have a similar effect.

Something that would be good to add is a simple seismic gl, it wouldn't hurt infantry but hurt buildings which I think is fine because it isn't killing infantry like ugl used to do, so infantry can actually fight back much easier.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015