Good thing AOL is dieying!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MrBojangl3s, Jun 29, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I'm not sure where I remember originally seeing this, I hope I'm not reposting on the same forum where I found it.

Oh well, here's a link to a funny story of what happens when you try to cancel your account at AOL:
    http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/37370/Trying_to_Cancel_an_AOL_Account.html

Here's the FULL audio (lol) in mp3 form:
    http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/34893/AOL_Cancellation.html

AOL isn't the only company either.
    My dad told me of his old job, where he was a network admin, and they had a service with Earthlink where it was kinda like a T1 line, but you connected to their server and then connected to the internet. It was about $30 a month, which wasn't bad. Then one day they got a bill, and it was for...
    $50? no, this isn't comcast!
    $100? American government?
    $250? Nazis maybe.
    Yep. You guessed it. $500!
    They suddenly jacked up his billing from $30 a month to $500 a month, and, outraged, my dad phoned it through like 8 diffrent people who all told him the same thing. "We notified you through your email..." but my dad didn't get an email. Apprently they emailed him through an email account that is stored on their server, that is just created when you make an account, and isn't the email he provided them. He said all of this was bullshit, and if they want to sue him for not paying he would gladly take it to court. Lol I'd like to see Earthlink try. So my dad said fsk that, and he already hated and still hates AOL for being ghey, so now we have Verizon FiOS, which is pretty much pure pwnage cuz' it's faster then anything else and cheaper then anything else...

2. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I feel sorry for you Americans... I really do. I don't think that any operator could pull something like that off in here. :)

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Finland is cool. It's in that ub̕er pro area of the world with:
    The Netherlands: Sounds awesome, and also it's where Jeremy goes and fights that one guy...
    Sweden: Where the Pirate Bay is!
    yay!

4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I call AOL Cd's free puzzles.... ok here is what you do:

1) Take the cd, while still in plastic, bend it and shatter it so its in diffrent pieces

2) Open the plastic and dump the crap on a table or trash can

3) Try to put the cd back together, once you do, you are free to: Microwave,burn,explode etc. the CD

5. Jn.

Jn. Member

hahahahah free puzzle :P I don't get those shit cds anymore. Fucking american bigot companies. Why can't things be the way we percieve them :( I've got cox, and so far it seems good. Donloaded teh pr0n at 500 kb per second once o_0 That was so fast I almost skeeted myself BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY.................................... was that more TMI?

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

LOL Jn. It seems like your last couple posts I've read have had to deal with pr0n. Hm...
    What did you do today.. Jn...?
    Maybe I shouldn't know. You know, if you want a link or two to a random inconspicious Do Not Question Me sites... pm me... >.>

7. Jn.

Jn. Member

Well its not what I did, it's what I didn't do. I havent seen my girlfriend in a couple weeks :D And would these random sites(preferable videogame?) include a membership? Because if they don't it's not worth it :)

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Hm, I see your catch/get your word... these are more along the lines of downloads... most of the time if you want just a site with a membership, there are fees invovled... I deal in the magic of the free internet...
    and what do you mean by preferably videogame!?

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH preferably videogame was to throw off the unsuspecting bystanders YOU FOOL!!!!! GOSH. Youre like the stupid sidekick :D

You answered me really fast.........................

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

You answered ME really fast. LET'S KEEP IT GOING!
    Lol well I didn't know! Most of the time people don't catch my quick word :D
    Should I PM you now?

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

PM away.....................*glances around slyly*

You do realize that we are going back and forth between two threads talking about different things o_0

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol. I like how we are completely off topic in both.

YAY FOR THE OFF TOPIC SECTION! Ha.

13. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

AHHHH AHHHH I'M NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA LA.

By the by, I saw the AOL thing on Slashdot a while ago, and yeah, most companies will do anything to try to keep you. It's these people's job to keep you from cancelling your account, by any means necessary. AOL is particularly aggressive because they're losing customers in droves.

14. Jn.

Jn. Member

Ok fox, this has turned in to the pr0n only thread. AOL can lose its customers as much as it wants to. but that conversation is over. Unless you are talking to yourself, which is fine :D

15. Jn.

Jn. Member

Ok so I havent heard from bojangles in about 5 seconds and Im beginning to get worried.....................

16. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

It is ok. Believe in the Bojangl3s. I am pm'ing you ;D

17. Jn.

Jn. Member

SCORE you better not be giving me something weird :D actually i dont care...............

18. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

*cries in the corner*

19. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Oh Dumpster Fox. Your innocence is only worth so much in this world....
    ... and this world belongs to ME!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Crap, 3 evil laughs in one day in one forum?

20. Jn.

Jn. Member

awwwwwwwww I'm sorry fox. Would you like to be put in the dumpster.............WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!! *violently grabs fox by throat, throws him in a dumpster, slams door on his head, and walks away brushing hands off on pants*