Getting super discouraged by the constant stacking.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cordt, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Cordt

Cordt Member

I agree it isn't fun, but it isn't fun because of the stacking. Instead of going to the other team, stick it out....try and convince some of the other guys to switch over too.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I know I've ended up on a stack team but not on purpose. When it happens and I can't join other team(im commanding or other team is full) I either just fart around being somewhat useless like a scout with a shotgun or give hints to the other team what they should be doing. I swear there was a game where I was commanding and I kept telling the enemy comm what he should be researching because I could tell he was new to it or even generic hints like you have no refs, get some.

I don't think there's a good way to help prevent stacking outside of forced auto assign or some sort of autobalancer. I don't think it's reasonable to expect players to switch sides when it gets to 7v12 or something either, when it gets that bad it's usually because new comm massively screwed up and team lost hope or the team simply got crushed and are near defeat. In either case the other team is basically winning, or should win in the next 3 minutes.

That's the real thing, it feels like currently it's hard to close out matches. Yeah stacked teams sometimes just sit outside a base shooting people, but I generally think there's a lack of players know just how to actually close out matches, either from better teamwork, abusing the firing distance of mortars and tanks, focus firing to take down buildings or tanks(goes along with lack of teamwork), simple squad power shenanigans, or most importantly forgetting the main, and basically only goal, is kill the comm. There's too many opportunities for a winning team to just rush and kill the comm, or even just pepper it afar with rpgs because it's quite literally stuck in it's base somewhere. I think that's the main problem, people think the game is won by rout or time like in battlefield or rts games, generally any other game even though we see the win condition every single match.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

• the res sucks in low pop games, no one wants to play unless they can get the 9 refs throughout the map first so res doesnt suck
    • the admins need to randomize teams when its stacked. who cares if the comm ends up switched

sometimes i've stacked and became the comm and played terrible in order to even it out, but it doesnt really work. contrary to popular wisdom a bad comm doesnt ruin a good team

4. Cordt

Cordt Member

Those are good points, not that this would help the stacking issue but a good idea would be to have a splash screen at the start showing your objectives/conditions to win "kill commander or eliminate enemy team+spawn points/tickets"

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

after reading complete's post I spoke to thecreeper and he is going to add something to the admin menu when he gets a chance so admins can raise the res during low population games if requested.

complete_ likes this.
  6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

it does not make the game any better if you box in the enemy till it reaches 0 tickets and you finally decide to get rid of the rax because its getting boring to wait for them to revive.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, if anything it should be said killing all enemy players doesn't win you the game.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

We've discussed this a lot and basicly everyone pretty much agrees that there needs some sort of system for newbies and mediocre players alike that show what the objectives are.
    The end objective ofcourse kill the comm, but intermediairy objectives take ref, destroy rax highlighted in a more prioritized manner

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

mini objectives on the right of the hud and when you complete them all you get bonus points?

10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I sometimes feel like people are complaining when they're 5v5 in a team.. and about 10+ people in spec.
    Cmon, join a bloody team and you'd see less stack.

But yes, stacking is bad but there won't be a solution for it.

11. Cordt

Cordt Member

Yeah the dozen or so people that sit in spec every time they don't like the map is a much bigger issue but there's no way to force people to play.

It's especially confusing because lots of times the people want to play only the infantry maps....why the hell would you want to play only the infantry which is like the worst aspect of Empires?

flasche likes this.
  12. Paradox

more action in a smaller space.
    I like infantry maps cause stuff is going on contantly.
    Thats why I also like 20 v 20, cause every point you are fighting atleast a full squad or more. whilst in a 10 v 10 im fighting 3 guys at most at the same time. When I kill them its just walking 5 minutes to find new enemies. Whilst in 20 v 20 if you take a rax it doesnt mean shit, there will be more enemies just around the corner ready to take you down. Constant fighting and action.

When I play 20 v 20 for 40 minutes I dont realize 40 minutes have past.
    When I play 10 v 10 for 40 minutes it becomes a drag because its so slow and boring

13. Cordt

Cordt Member

Yeah but infantry on this game is frankly garbage. If I want to play infantry based games I will play Battlefield or something, not Empires....Empires is all about RTS, base building/destruction and custom vehicles.

flasche likes this.
  14. Paradox

I disagree, I highly disagree actually. The most fun I have when playing empires is when i have a good squad of 5 and we just rek havoc eveywhere we go, without vehicles. If other team gets vehicles we switch to triple gren 2 engi and rek. Infantry teamplay is by far, FOR ME, the main reason I play empires

15. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

No such thing as stack. And teamplay never happens.

16. Paradox

That's cause you are a shit squadleader.
    I have plenty of teamplay when I play 20 v 20. You make a squad, if people dont follow your orders you kick em replace em till you hve a great squad.