Gas artillery & gas masks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, May 16, 2006.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Shameless bump.

2. Simon

Simon Banned

I think there is alot more that could go in before it.... There isn't really that level of coordination in most games and it would fuck the living shit out of noobs. They already get owned enough by stuff they don't understand.

3. Aurora

I think most people would figure out what's going on when there's a foggy cloud of something in the air and they start having bad reactons. Also, there could be a tip system for first-timers, like in DOD. "You are being affected by toxic gas! This causes blah blah blah, you can get a gasmask from blah blah if blah blah blah blah blah..."

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

sounds fair to me, yeah, it could be very interesting. of course, it would be an out of the way research, and gas masks could be found at the armoury (only a quick stop there to pick one up would be neccessary)

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I guess it'd be a good idea if I copypasta my Engineer gas canister idea here?

6. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

I like the idea, and I gotta point out that the drugging thing would be REALLY cool.

7. Aurora

On my behalf, sure.

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

What about a concussion gas canister for engineer or scout? Something that would make the view spin a bit, unless you're wearing a gas mask? I'm having somewhat mixed feelings on this one... On the other hand gas attacks would be a nice feature, but on the other hand ... :( they don't quite fit in.

9. Aurora

After posting the napalm suggestion, I might as well ask what would you think of an aircraft gas bomb?

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I wish there were several "super" bombs. each one would cost say, around 500 res, and be one use.

Nuke: expensive (750?), damages structures moderately and vehicles quite a lot
    Gas: area denial and infantry damage, cheapest (400?)
    Napalm: damages infantry hugely, and also damages players that are inside vehicles (as the vehicle heats up). does light damage to structures and vehicles.
    Tremor: large damage to structures (enough to get a turret to 20% health). this bomb hits the ground, burrows in, then 10 seconds later, detonates, sending a gigantic plume of dust into the air (very low visibility inside large are). vehicles and infantry are only chucked, though this could potentially be deadly (water, cliffs anyone?)

11. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Also, if the craft gets damaged at all, the thing blows up.

12. Aurora

Damaged at all? Err... Maybe more like, if the bomb is damaged while it's attached to the aircraft, it blows up itself and the aircraft.

13. Spooky

Spooky Member

Well it is war, and it wouldnt make much sense if the only war that they largely used Gas was WW1... there could be other wars that were largely used, but im to lazy to check.:D
    Besides :gasmask:Gasmasks:gasmask: would be cool. :D

14. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I would go for it, although not in this release. Some time in the future, maybe. And I agree, gas shouldn't damage, it should just cause the view to be FUBAR.

And you could put gas masks in as a research in biology or chemistry (since the filters are chemical filters, or something) and make that easy to get to if the enemy goes for gas.

And you could have a rifleman skill for gas resistance, or something, where it doesn't affect him for 5-10 seconds, giving him time to run out of the cloud even w/o gas mask...idk

15. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'm still against war crimes

16. Vader6

Vader6 Member

I support this idea, it would be a legitimate siege weapon for when an enemy has walled themselves into a corner. Failing that, I just want those BE with Gasmask models.

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

So is regular artillery, a couple of HE tanks, nukes, turrets, APC rushing, or almost anything at all.

18. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I guess that could be something that makes the Biology tree more useful... Just change the Bioweapons research folder to something like "Biological Warfare Technologies" and add artillery under "Advanced Bio Warfare". Gasmasks could be in bio warfare under "Active Filters" or something...

19. Vader6

Vader6 Member

Still doesn't answer the second part of my statement.

I WANT THOSE MODELS!

20. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

oh come on donĀ“t you feel your on hypocracy ??? ?
    your against combat gas but bio warfare bullets poisend with super AIDS are ok `?? (btw the German Waffen SS used the idea of the poisend bullets in wwII too ;D )